aaa Best VSTi drum machine - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Best VSTi drum machine

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             28-Jan-07  @  03:34 PM   -   Best VSTi drum machine

joegornall

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Im not sure which one to go for yet. Which one do you thinks best/user friendly etc for dance music? (House, techno, trance etc)

Battery?
DR-008?
RM IIII?
LM-4?
(Reaktor? Can this be used as a vsti in cubase or is it only avaiable in the reason package?)
Others?

Please post any thoughts if you have any knowledge or experience of these. Id be very grateful.

Thanks, Joe.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             28-Jan-07  @  07:29 PM   -   RE: Best VSTi drum machine

k

Link?:  Link

lm4 should be a free giveaway it's so tired, battery is very 'quick-fix', and it's a failry straightforward drum sample player, dr008 & RM4 both use synthesis & samples

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/9             28-Jan-07  @  09:12 PM   -   RE: Best VSTi drum machine

Moujik

Link?: Link

My first choice would probably be Battery - maybe download a demo & have a play.

I've used RMIV which comes with Tracktion - it's pretty good, but I'd prefer something a with a bit more flexibility to load my own samples into.

Reaktor is great, but probably not that user friendly to use as a main, basic drum machine.

Message 4/9             29-Jan-07  @  12:42 AM   -   RE: Best VSTi drum machine

sox

Have you looked at Loopazoid?

Allows you to load in your own samples...we use it now in our tech classes after some problems with SR202 (which is great but won't work with SX3)

sox

Message 5/9             29-Jan-07  @  02:02 AM   -   RE: Best VSTi drum machine

joegornall

Thanks for your replies.

I take it that you can load your own samples into battery?

I read somewhere that one might be better off with a drum synth in order to create dancy type sounds and to be able to shape for example the kick drums etc exactly how you want to. Is that right or b/s?

What's the difference between battery and dr008 (in terms of function)? As far as I understand, battery is a sampler meaning you can just play and manipulate any sample you load into it and you can map your loops in a sequencer such as cubase. Whereas, in DR008 you can make sounds from scratch so to speak? Obviously I want to create original sounds but I don't really know much about drum synthesis. What would you recommend?

Thanks for your help, Joe

Message 6/9             29-Jan-07  @  02:01 PM   -   RE: Best VSTi drum machine

Maarten

I really like MicroTonic.. noice dirty kicks

Message 7/9             30-Jan-07  @  08:19 PM   -   RE: Best VSTi drum machine

beds

dependig on your taste, waldorf attack rocks

Message 8/9             31-Jan-07  @  10:55 AM   -   RE: Best VSTi drum machine

k

Link?:  Link

I read somewhere that one might be better off with a drum synth in order to create dancy type sounds and to be able to shape for example the kick drums etc exactly how you want to. Is that right or b/s?

well yes, synth drums, like 808 & 909 kiks and toms, it's the roots of techno & dance

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 9/9             31-Jan-07  @  12:36 PM   -   RE: Best VSTi drum machine

Drop

I think FXpansion's Guru is the best drum VSTi. Beats Battery in terms of:-

1. Included drum sets

2. Browser organisation

3. Quality of sound

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)