aaa Radiophonic Workshop - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Radiophonic Workshop

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             09-Feb-07  @  12:54 AM   -   Radiophonic Workshop

Musineer Productions

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Anyone see that prog on the beeb about the Radiophonic Workshop?

Phat City! Thank all the gods that be for samplers.

Makes you realise how uncreative so much of the formulaic drivel that's produced these days really is. Delia Derbyshire (phwoor) was a true genius of electronic composing, along with so many others. Yet how strange they couldn't adapt to the new technologies (Moogs/Arps/etc). What does it matter where the raw source of a tone comes from? Tape, digital, who cares? -- as long as you find the sound you're after, or better still find something accidentally that's better than the sound you were looking for.

I often hear precious little twats blithering on about creating new forms of music and they're not a patch on what has been and gone.

Dr Who vs (another) rap/pop/american brat rock/etc. It's a bit like art vs business. We've got all this fabulous technology at our disposal these days, and yet so few really bother to use it creatively or even really listen to what they're making.

Where did incidental noises go? Why are there so few of us pursuing and developing this style? I suppose I'm revealing myself to be an old fart, but my aspiration was (and is) to create a distinctive sound. The young whipper-snappers of today seem to treat music as a sort of sew-on badge: defining themselves by their choice of predetermined formula. I sound like [insert current pop sensation here] so I'm in with the in crowd! You don't sound like anything in the charts, so you must be crap.

I wonder what that zimmer-frame would sound like an octave lower and backwards?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             09-Feb-07  @  12:06 PM   -   RE: Radiophonic Workshop

k

Link?:  Link

dude, get into film music.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/7             10-Feb-07  @  12:09 AM   -   RE: Radiophonic Workshop

nme

Damn it, I missed it! What was the name of the prog Mus as ill search through Beeb 3 & 4 to see if its repeated, they often are!

Cheers

Message 4/7             11-Feb-07  @  04:49 PM   -   RE: Radiophonic Workshop

Musineer Productions

Alcehemists of Sound was the prog title. It was shown on BBC2 at 11:20pm on Thursday.

K: Easier said than done! How do I find film makers needing sounds/music? I suppose I could set up a website for musicians, call it Techdance maybe, or perhaps my birthdate?

Message 5/7             22-Feb-07  @  03:55 PM   -   RE: Radiophonic Workshop

Pure Synthesis

Unfortunatly I missed the program  

Does anyone know if its available to buy/rent?
&
If it is what is its full name & where would I get it?

... Everyone is talking about it, I seem to be the onlyone that hasnt seen it  

Message 6/7             22-Feb-07  @  05:11 PM   -   RE: Radiophonic Workshop

k

7 1 61 is not my birthday, that'd make me a crabby capricorn

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/7             22-Feb-07  @  05:13 PM   -   RE: Radiophonic Workshop

k

is the show on google video or youtube?

oh Musi... first you gotta make showreel dvd - you can pinch footage of tv or dvd etc and all the sequencers allow it to run so you can copose to it

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)