aaa Blown channel on my mixer? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Blown channel on my mixer?

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             19-Feb-07  @  03:34 PM     Edit: 19-Feb-07  |  03:34 PM   -   Blown channel on my mixer?

Yonce N Mild

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

So I think the right(#2) channel on the main outs of my mixer is blown. How difficult is this to repair?
It actually isn't the output itself because I get no sound from the right channel on any of the outputs including the monitor and headphone outs. I also get no lights on the meter on the right side.
I see stereo output on my PC in Sonar and in the ASIO control panel. If I switch a track to the alternate out (Mute3/4) I get stereo again.
So I guess it would be the input on the second channel that is blown if that makes sense? Is there something I'm not thinking of that could be causing this?
It's only a cheap behringer eurorack but I can't afford a replacement at the moment and I'm supposed to do some recording on Sunday.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             19-Feb-07  @  05:50 PM   -   RE: Blown channel on my mixer?

milan

Link?: Link

looks like its the right channel of the main buss thats blown. you know... the buss that collects all the audio signals on the way to the outputs. unfortunately i have no idea how you could fix it.  

Message 3/7             19-Feb-07  @  06:46 PM   -   RE: Blown channel on my mixer?

k

Link?:  Link

if you switch the two input channels to bus 3/4 and then you DO get stereo out from the mixer, then it's as Milan says the bus 1/2 at fault... but do you get monitor/headphone out L/R working ok when switched to bus 3/4?

you can still record using the aux's if push comes to shove. It's unlilely i spose (not knowing the internals) that for example a ribbon connector has worked loose, but you could check that - i dont even know that they connect seperate pcb's inside in that way... otherwise it's a blown component i guess in the bass path

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/7             19-Feb-07  @  06:51 PM   -   RE: Blown channel on my mixer?

Yonce N Mild

milan wrote:

looks like its the right channel of the main buss thats blown. you know... the buss that collects all the audio signals on the way to the outputs. unfortunately i have no idea how you could fix it.

Yup that's probably it. How does a mixer channel get "blown"? ( aside from getting her drunk and saying you love her like the rest of us)
To much input? Is there a fuse? does something burn up? Maybe something just comes loose?

Message 5/7             19-Feb-07  @  06:59 PM   -   RE: Blown channel on my mixer?

Yonce N Mild

k wrote:

if you switch the two input channels to bus 3/4 and then you DO get stereo out from the mixer, then its as Milan says the bus 1/2 at fault... but do you get monitor/headphone out L/R working ok when switched to bus 3/4?

you can still record using the auxs if push comes to shove. Its unlilely i spose (not knowing the internals) that for example a ribbon connector has worked loose, but you could check that - i dont even know that they connect seperate pcbs inside in that way... otherwise its a blown component i guess in the bass path

Yup I get stereo on every output on the 3/4 bus. I could record using the 3/4 bus but I don't think the FX send/return works on the alt bus. I could live without the FX since we are just recording some new material so we can make pratice CDs for ourselves. I guess I'll just open it up and see if I notice anything obvious. Otherwise I'm stuck with a busted mixer for a month or two

Message 6/7             20-Feb-07  @  12:23 AM   -   RE: Blown channel on my mixer?

k

Link?:  Link

which eurorack is it mate?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/7             20-Feb-07  @  02:51 PM   -   RE: Blown channel on my mixer?

Yonce N Mild

k wrote:

which eurorack is it mate?

http://www.behringer.com/MX1604A/index.cfm?lang=ENG

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)