aaa multiband compressor recommendations - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

27-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: multiband compressor recommendations

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             22-Feb-07  @  02:55 PM   -   multiband compressor recommendations

Rags .aka. Welder

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I have been playing around with the Sonitus multiband compressor lately, and I was wondering if there is anything "better" than that for processing my mixes... (preferably in VST format).

Any recommendation would be appreciated!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             27-Apr-07  @  11:05 AM   -   RE: multiband compressor recommendations

We Are Phunc

I use T-racks....but not over the whole mix

Message 3/4             27-Apr-07  @  12:00 PM   -   RE: multiband compressor recommendations

k

Link?:  Link

well assuming you cant afford a tc6000 or md3 etc psp, waves, voxengo, dbaudioware etc, alot of people say the hardware driven stuff like for UAD etc is more pro but thats not an option for everyone is it.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/4             27-Apr-07  @  12:42 PM   -   RE: multiband compressor recommendations

rags

Oh well..

I did a lot of blind testing, comparing, bullshiting, etc :-) over this in the last couple of months. There was actually a few items that did beat the hell out of their competitors..

www.curioza.com

This thing is 50 euros (and there is a 30-day trial as well). Now, for that price it gives a 25/50/100 band linear phase EQ of superb quality, a maximum 8-band multiband compressor, and a limiter (actually 3 limiters with different time constants stacked together). The limiter alone sounds much better (to me ears at least ) than almost ANY of the other softwares I have tested.

see:
Wavearts Finalplug (http://www.wavearts.com , demo available)

Kjaerhus MPL-1 (http://www.kjaerhusaudio.com/ )

Roger Nichols Finis (http://www.rogernicholsdigital.com/finis.htm , hmmm, pretty much sucked...)

T-Racks ( www.t-racks.com I own this, the limiter is good, but it adds a bit too much of fuzz eventually)

Waves L3 ( there are people raving about this, well, I'm not one of them )

The good thing about AAMS is that it can analyse references (already mastered audio material), and not just for EQ, but multiband compression (I believe it measures dynamic range per band) and loudness and set itself up based on differences between source and reference material. Also it can combine references, so you can have an analysis average out of several reference files...

It is not foolproof though, one has to find the right reference, but from that point on it can be fully automatic.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)