aaa BEGINNER GUIDANCE - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: BEGINNER GUIDANCE

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             13-Mar-07  @  05:46 PM   -   BEGINNER GUIDANCE

nick.plank

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

If you had a decent sized room faraway in your garden from the neighbours, and you wanted to equip it with your fantasy studio equipment for making electronic and dance music... what gear would you put in it? Think real mixing desk, twin Macs, big multiple TFTs, rack gear, fullsize synths, and an acoustic booth with perspex baffled observation wall for vocal, etc. And you had no particular budget and were not limited re money... Any advice anyone? Is it all in a single Mac these days or do you still use real gear, desks, racks, touchable 3D items? Advice really appreciated, Nick

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             13-Mar-07  @  07:31 PM   -   RE: BEGINNER GUIDANCE

Rags .aka. Welder

Link?: Link

First of all, Mac: no fuckin' way.

Seriously, I'd be happy with a dual 20'' screen setup and a kick-ass PC, with some really good audio interface. Basically, I would invest all the money into room treatment and monitors, and have everything else inside the box. But that's just me.

Message 3/6             14-Mar-07  @  09:24 AM   -   RE: BEGINNER GUIDANCE

Moujik

As I'm 100% computer based in the 'real world', I think my fantasy set-up would be a mess of cabling & old gear liberated from Ebay.

I've never had/seen/used a proper old-school hardware set-up, so if i had the space/money/time to make use of it, that would be the way forward for me.

(Having said that, after 6 months I'd probably sell it all & buy a nice dual core laptop, but at least it would be a fun 6 months )

Message 4/6             14-Mar-07  @  03:10 PM   -   RE: BEGINNER GUIDANCE

milan

i think i'd like something with a power of a s/w studio, but without a screen... i constantly find myself trying to *see* the music, instead of hearing it. in fact, sometimes i turn the monitor off in order to hear better

Message 5/6             14-Mar-07  @  03:13 PM   -   RE: BEGINNER GUIDANCE

GrooveMonkey

I've done it both ways, but tbh the best setup for me is mostly SW with hardware daw control, master keys amnd a couple of hw synths

G

Message 6/6             14-Mar-07  @  04:59 PM   -   RE: BEGINNER GUIDANCE

k

Link?:  Link

i'd keep all the gear i have (hardware) and the pc and in thwe situation you decribe i'd simply add a small club PA system.. best way to hear your tunes

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)