aaa New steiny sequencer..hmmm - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

27-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: New steiny sequencer..hmmm

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             29-Mar-07  @  07:54 PM   -   New steiny sequencer..hmmm

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Steinberg proudly presents Sequel, an exciting new "one-window" music studio for anyone who wants to create their own music. Sequel includes everything needed create and performance music on a PC or Mac, and lets anyone create their own songs with just a few mouse clicks.

"Sequel is about going from just listening to music to making it yourself," says Andreas Stelling, Steinberg's General Manager. "Whatever your favorite music style is, Sequel leads you all the way to your finished song in a way that is so inspiring and intuitive. You'll wonder why you never got around to doing this before."

Sequel is so accessible because of its revolutionary design concept, which puts Steinberg's renowned music technologies at almost instant disposal - even with no special music knowledge whatsoever. Everything needed to create and perform music live is included - from loops, sounds, effects, instruments to a virtual mixer and other professional "under the hood" features that can be easily explored at your leisure.

Inspiration for new songs comes in the form of a staggering 3.5GB of built-in loops and sounds covering a huge range of today's music as well as over 600 instantly playable instruments. Produced by top pros from the US, UK, and Germany, Sequel's sound library provides inspiration for Dance projects, Urban beats, Rock and Pop songs and much more.

With the Live performance mode, a Sequel song can be rearranged and remixed live and on-the-fly for performances at clubs or parties. Budding performers can also play or sing live to an existing arrangement, making Sequel an ideal software tool for performing songs live using a laptop computer.

Price and Availability: Sequel is now shipping for $99 USD

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             29-Mar-07  @  10:41 PM   -   RE: New steiny sequencer..hmmm

Moujik

Link?: Link

Maybe they shouldhave called it "We've seen Apple are doing quite well out of Garage Band, so here's our attempt to cash in"?

Message 3/5             30-Mar-07  @  10:15 AM   -   RE: New steiny sequencer..hmmm

k

Link?:  Link

doesnt really have a ring to it tho does it? it looks interesting tho i must say for songwriter types

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/5             01-Apr-07  @  09:39 PM     Edit: 01-Apr-07  |  09:40 PM   -   RE: New steiny sequencer..hmmm

sox

More Details...

Actually looks quite good. £75 UKP direct from Steinberg....

I've never worked with Garage Band myself so I can't compare the features...

From what I can see from the info in the link, it looks and acts a lot like Acid (but with dodgy colours...)
Doesn't say nought about importing your own samples but I assume if you add 'em to Sequel's default folders they'd show up....

At that price level, it'll be a hit in education....totally self contained songwriting tool using MIDI and audio....goodbye to problems with Cubase in the classroom (not enough plugins/instruments included to be useful etc etc....)

sox

Message 5/5             02-Apr-07  @  01:05 PM   -   RE: New steiny sequencer..hmmm

Moujik

I've got no problem with companies providing more entry-level options, as long as this is not at the expense of supporting their more established products & isn't a cynical attempt to cash in on this market.

Native Instruments, IMHO, are falling into this trap with Kore.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)