aaa Rookie P.A. User.....lost!!!! - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Rookie P.A. User.....lost!!!!

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             17-Apr-07  @  10:46 AM   -   Rookie P.A. User.....lost!!!!

crosstowntraffic

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hi,

Looks like a great site and I hope someone can help an old fashioned drummer who has just
bought a T.MIX PM184X II P.A System for my band and also to use for DJaying after!!!!

I bought this on Thomann but I can't get a "manual for dummies"!!

Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Paul

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             17-Apr-07  @  11:24 AM   -   RE: Rookie P.A. User.....lost!!!!

k

Link?:  Link

simple, just use the two speaker cables to connect the speakers and thats that, just plug in to the mixer and off you go

to use for deejaying just wire in the deejay mixer L/R OUT to the mixer, either on two channels via the LINE inputs and then pan each channel hard left/right or the mixer probably has some sort of aux inputs or a pair of inputs marked TAPE... if it has that then you'll see a buitton somewhere on the front by the main fader area which says 'TAPE'

isnt there a manual?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/4             25-Apr-07  @  11:10 AM   -   RE: Rookie P.A. User.....lost!!!!

crosstowntraffic

Link?: Link

Hi Thanks for the infoer setting up the P.A.

I have used the P.A. already and haven't had a problem getting it to work or set-up, but I would like
some detailed information on how I can understand more about the control panel. I also used a
seperate monitor for the singer but at the moment all instruments are coming thro that ppeaker
instead of just the vocal!
The P.A. did come with a manual but it is badly translated and barely describes what the name of
each switc/control is never mind how or what they do!!!

Cheers,

Paul

Message 4/4             25-Apr-07  @  11:35 AM   -   RE: Rookie P.A. User.....lost!!!!

k

Link?:  Link

well, i dunno the mixer, but hang on i can look at the image of it..

ok on the top back sockets, there's a panel called 2-track in/out

connect your disco mixer there to the input - to switch the disco mixer to the main speakers select it as the source on the 3 buttons above the alt 3/4 fader - choose the top button '2 tk'

as for monitoring, you've only got 1 aux pot on each channel, which means 1 send to a monitor, it's hard to see in image but there's also an EFX SEND on the top right set of sockets next to AUX SEND... so you can use the other green pot on the channels to send out to that cant you as a second foldback send?.. those outs arent powered i presume so you'll need a couple of active wedges.

the only thing i dont understand is the mixer has a built in fx unit, so i dunno quite how one chooses to send the aux to either the built in fx unit or the actual aux out socket unless they are wired in parallel and you just can choose not to use the internal fx return

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)