aaa MC-505: Can't hold arpeggio and switch to new part - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: MC-505: Can't hold arpeggio and switch to new part

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             03-May-07  @  06:44 PM   -   MC-505: Can't hold arpeggio and switch to new part

sellersb

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi.

I enjoy playing arpeggios on my MC-505 in realtime by playing a chord, for example on the rhythm track, pressing arpeggio "on", and then pressing "hold". This way, I can mess with the running arpeggio, live.

But I can't seem to switch to another part while the original arpeggio is held. As soon as I switch parts, in this example to a non-rhythm part, using part select, the held arpeggio on the rhythm part turns off.

I'd really like to not have to record the arpeggio into a pattern since I like messing with all the parameters on the fly.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.
-Ben
MC-505 new user

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             04-May-07  @  12:09 PM   -   RE: MC-505: Can't hold arpeggio and switch to new

k

Link?:  Link

has it got a latch function?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/5             04-May-07  @  06:30 PM   -   RE: MC-505: Can't hold arpeggio and switch to new

sellersb

Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure I know the difference. I think of the "HOLD" button as a dedicated latch function, but it disengages after switching to a different part. Am I understanding your question?

Any additional help is appreciated!
Thanks!
-Ben

Message 4/5             18-May-07  @  10:30 AM   -   RE: MC-505: Can't hold arpeggio and switch to new

monkeybasket2001

from what i remember when i used to rock one this is true

try the 505 group on yahoo groups (the larger of the two)- they will tell you for sure....

greg

Message 5/5             18-May-07  @  06:25 PM   -   RE: MC-505: Can't hold arpeggio and switch to new

sellersb

Thanks very much!

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)