aaa Ive spent all the money - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Ive spent all the money

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             13-May-07  @  02:39 PM   -   Ive spent all the money

Malcolm Jeffery

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

Damn spent all the cash on software and hardware now all i have ti eat for 3 months is this, the
life of creative person eh!

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S.Thompson -

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             13-May-07  @  03:06 PM   -   RE: Ive spent all the money

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

do you want some branston pickle for that?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/10             13-May-07  @  03:10 PM   -   RE: Ive spent all the money

Malcolm Jeffery

O yes that would be good and perhaps a nice sliced onion lol.

O by the way k ive asked you a question but it is in the motulite users thread forgot i was in i

Cheers
Malk

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S.Thompson -

Message 4/10             13-May-07  @  04:43 PM   -   RE: Ive spent all the money

nme

Malcolm Jeffery wrote:

Damn spent all the cash on software and hardware now all i have ti eat for 3 months is this, the
life of creative person eh!

hehe, At least you'll have plenty to keep you busy playing with your new toys whilst keeping your mind off the crippling hunger pains, could have been worse, could have been white bread with edam!

Message 5/10             14-May-07  @  04:48 PM   -   RE: Ive spent all the money

monkeybasket2001

Link?:  No link

you can afford cheese? damn its beans on toast for me (add some curry powder and you're golden)

dubs

Message 6/10             14-May-07  @  05:21 PM   -   RE: Ive spent all the money

k

yes mate beanz with curry powder! lol, those tesco value beans are ok if you drain off the excessive juice.. a slight case of:

which beans for trance?

btw, what stuff did u buy Malc? that deep dub sound so 'hardware' man, gorgeous full wide fat mix, no harshness at all!! what was that done with? and what monitor setup do u use?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/10             14-May-07  @  06:28 PM   -   RE: Ive spent all the money

Malcolm Jeffery

Well Forgot i had that on the site, Deep Dub did get on to the future Music cd only coz the tune
they liked had a sample not cleared on it so this was a substitute, and the guy who did reviews
for them Tim Oliver hated it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. f.....g b.....strd.

Was done with a yamaha AN1X which i sampled as its not multi timbral, some supernova mark
one os 4 installed, the logic ES E, an esi 4000 sampler. Originaly mixed on absolute zeros,
which are okay paired with underpowerd sampson amp, then i tweeked the bass on Dynaudio
BM6As which are really nice monitors that can go loud, but i work at pretty low volumes and
they are still solid sounding at low volumes, which is cool and dont scare the neighbours to
much. at the time i only had a zoom 1201 fx unit (£99.00) whos reverb sounded better than
logics platinum much more 3d, which i processed individual an1x sounds and supernova one at
a time, dropped out original signal and recorded to logic just the reverb to their own stereo tracks
,which give you volume and eq control via logics natives, the result was a big sound thats also
open with depth.the 303 filter sound is an1x(why yamaha do not make some big multitimbral va
with ti interfacing i dont know good filters on the an1x).

Strange coz now i do everything on a Apple g5 dual 2ghz mac,predator,absynth, sylus rmx
which if you dont have go buy now, the most amazing drum rhythm software do anything you
can imaging thing ive ever used twist things to fit any type of music u can think of,massive
(awsome beast that is) except even on my puter some sounds eat 90% of one cpu f..k sake it
never ends now we need the 8 core macs just to feel whole again lol, logic pro (space designer
is very good) fm8 ect.o and minimonsta moog plug very thick bass sounds mmmm tasty square
and sawtooth sound good again.

Funny as i never ever got to like the supernova something not right for me, wish i had gone for
virus, sigh we r never happy r we he he.

Ill post up some new tunes soon, sorry for the long answer, sometimes u do pull rabbits outa
hats with a few bits of gear and other times all the gear in the world and you cant right a 2 note
ditty.

Maybe i should do another what knob is this competition yes that was me.
Malk

Message 8/10             14-May-07  @  06:44 PM   -   RE: Ive spent all the money

Malcolm Jeffery

oooo and maybe a point that has something to do with it the an1 x and super nova and 1201 fx
where all recorded analog through my little mackie sr24-4 desk which adds a small warmth to
signal, coz all synths used are still only software in a box right!

Malk

Message 9/10             15-May-07  @  09:05 AM   -   RE: Ive spent all the money

k

File?:  [image]

[image file]

hmm...

Message 10/10             16-May-07  @  10:42 AM   -   RE: Ive spent all the money

milan

baaastards... that dub is so delicious! i'm actually messind with a dub track (the only thing i did in ages), and it sounds SHIT compared to this... lol!

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)