aaa easy question - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: easy question

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             25-Aug-07  @  07:01 PM   -   easy question

0/d

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

hey, decided to get back into music programming and rather than go back to using hardware sequencers i decided to get myself logic express for my mbp, been going fine so far just i can't figure out how to use soft instruments like the v station demo. I installed the .au v station (my understanding is that vst instruments don't work with logic without some kind of emulator, right? I installed the vst version too just in case) but i can't find it as an option in my midi tracks. How do I plug the v - station into one of midi tracks and get it to play?

s

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             27-Aug-07  @  01:03 AM   -   RE: easy question

k

Link?:  Link

dont use midi tracks, use INTRUMENT tracks (if none show up by default, left-click-hold on a track header and a pop-up menu appears... choose AUDIO INSTRUMENT 1

then go to mixer and add insert instrument.. then start to sequemce on the arrange page using the INSTRUMENT track as if a midi track

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/4             27-Aug-07  @  02:57 PM   -   RE: easy question

0/d

Link?: Link

cheers k. know any good instruments for logic? looking for some sort of drum box or sampler, the one that came free is kinda cool tho. also do you know why v-station keeps crashing logic on me? is it known to be buggy? I also want to try and connect my old yamaha a4000 to my mac for file tranfers, is there some kind of scsi to usb or firewire adapter or converter I can get?

Message 4/4             29-Aug-07  @  01:00 AM   -   RE: easy question

k

Link?:  Link

oh man there's so many.... depends what you want to make, just drums alone is samples and synthesis options

lso depends if you want to get specific sounds... eg some people might specificaly want the classic big trance lead - in which case choose your weapons from those that are designed to do that and do it well (vanguard or whatever) - but if you don care much for that and want to just create, the sky's the limit rally, cos by the time you've tweaked it and compressed it and eq'd and whatever else fx you can think of etc you can get great sounds from any freewares in the right context

the v-station i've never had issues with myself so hard to say, and you're on mac... did a google shows this is widespread?

sampler?... well this for example:

http://www.macgurus.com/productpages/scsi/FR1SX.php

apparently works with some akai samplers (see tested devices link) but who knows with yours... no doubt there's others and mebbe even yamaha might have a list?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)