aaa trying to get started - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: trying to get started

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             29-Aug-07  @  09:19 PM   -   trying to get started

nbaum74

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hey i love electronic music. i wana start mixing my own trance and stuff. what is it that i will all need to get started? like in regards to mixers, synths, drum machines, etc. do i need all of those or what is the most basic setup i can get while still makin good music?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             29-Aug-07  @  09:47 PM   -   RE: trying to get started

nutoniom

Link?: Link

Get a decent midi controller, that has a bit of everything (keys, knobs, pads) and a package like Reason or Fruity Loops. That would be a good start.

Message 3/3             30-Aug-07  @  01:33 AM   -   RE: trying to get started

k

Link?:  Link

Hi Nick... yeah something like reason'll get you off to a good start all-in-one, but you need a decent asio soundcard or plug-in asio sound device (usb or firewire) otherwise you cant play the s/w synths and drums etc in realtime

or you get a standard sequencer and add free and other vsti synths, if you didnt get the soundcard yet, most of them now come with a sequencer s/w for free, so mebbe get like cubase se or whatever free with the soundcard and use vst instruments, some of the free ones are fantastic btw and there's thousands to choose from if you want to pay, from cheap to expensive

the other option is to go hardware, thats more complicated in many ways..

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)