aaa Madman with an afro - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

27-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Madman with an afro

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             17-Sep-07  @  11:35 PM   -   Madman with an afro

nme

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Ive added a new track & I ve spent alot of time and attention regarding panning, reverb & the individual levels in an attempt to improve the overall dynamics having spent some time watching a Pro Video tutorial. I focused my attention around the bassline & percussion levels & then set the remaining track levels around these. Whilst the actual track itself is ok, I had been quite pleased with the results I had achieved regarding the improved dynamics. However I played the track earlier from 7161 & the 'kick' was almost non existent because I had forgotten to switch on my sub bass unit & as soon as I did so the 'kick' sprang into life even though it is currently set to very low levels. Im using a B&W 5:1 surround set up & AS2 bass unit.

So my questions are these, if you play the track, is the kick coming through clear enough?
Also when Im setting the levels should I be using the bass unit at all or instead rely solely on the bass provided through the 5:1 surround speaker set up to get a more accurate idea of how the final mix down is going to sound?

As always your thoughts & comments are appreciated.

Thanks guys

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             18-Sep-07  @  11:50 AM   -   RE: Madman with an afro

k

Link?:  Link

it's there, it's just not thumping much... yes it is a tad low

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/4             20-Sep-07  @  05:51 AM   -   RE: Madman with an afro

nme

k wrote:

its there, its just not thumping much... yes it is a tad low

Thanks for your feedback K,

......And sitting here listening too it that kick sounded so good coming through the bass unit!

So i assume that in future I should not use my bass unit during the actual 'setting levelprocess'
& that I should rely solely on the surround speakers only so that all the levels including the kick are balanced correctly across the entire track?

Message 4/4             20-Sep-07  @  06:09 AM   -   RE: Madman with an afro

nme

Also, I would be interested to hear comments from any of you regarding the dynamics of the track as I would like to further understand what you guys with a 'trained ear' feels either works or dos'nt. Specifically Ive addressed panning & a little reverb to try and give the track some width & depth and Ive tried to pay closer attention to the getting the individual track levels right so that the sounds compliment each other rather than drown each other out. Ive panned a some of the sounds from right to left & back again. Is this coming through clear enough for you to notice a difference or can you hear little or no difference from your own perspective?

All comments are welcome good or bad, the feedback is very useful.

Thanks

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)