aaa Best Movie Soundtrack Type Song Of All Time - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

30-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Best Movie Soundtrack Type Song Of All Time

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             18-Jan-08  @  01:04 AM   -   Best Movie Soundtrack Type Song Of All Time

Jock Munro

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

So you got the gods of movie soundtracks.

John Williams
The late Jerry Goldsmith
John Barry
Hans Zimmer
Vangelis
Maurice Jarre
James Horner

Fuck all that lot.

The best fucking soundtrack for a film must be .......

QUEEN..... for FLASH ! That Battle Theme ROCKS !!!!

Go back and dig it out of your CD collection and listen to it full blast. Its FUCKING AWESOME.

And of course for Highlander as well. ahem.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             20-Jan-08  @  08:53 PM   -   RE: Best Movie Soundtrack Type Song Of All Time

Musineer Productions

Not sure about soundtracks to copulate to, that's Mr White's domain I believe.

As for non-procreational music, I vote for Dr Who. The original version.

Dum-de-dum de-dum-de-dum
Whheeeooooo, oooooeeeeeeooooooo

I know it's not really a film score, more a mere TV-series score, but it's so good it should be included in all polls.

Message 3/7             21-Jan-08  @  02:56 PM   -   RE: Best Movie Soundtrack Type Song Of All Time

admin

Link?:  No link

I thought the score for the eddie murphy version of nutty professor was good.

also loved this score from Red Firecracker, Green Firecracker

Listen to clip

and of course the score to Carry On films... classic! such as... 'Matrons Music'

Love this scene

and not forgetting the classic 'Mr Fiddler' scene:

the music for '24 Hours' was also superb

"In other countries, art and literature are left to a lot of shabby bums living in attics and feeding on booze and spaghetti, but in America the successful writer or picture-painter is indistinguishable from any other decent business man!" - Babbit

Message 4/7             21-Jan-08  @  03:32 PM   -   RE: Best Movie Soundtrack Type Song Of All Time

admin

Link?:  No link

another classic... Reece Dinsdale's performance is rivetting throughout. the music works with the dialog so well in this opening sequence and throughout the film. They way the intro music builds with the little keyboard or whatever licks happening between the spaced dialog, and how it builds to the tom beat as his dialog increases, very good stuff

I quite like the way the music is similar to 24 Hours with jazz/rock kinda instrumentation as opposed to the usual orchstral work

The opening scene:

The closing scene

"In other countries, art and literature are left to a lot of shabby bums living in attics and feeding on booze and spaghetti, but in America the successful writer or picture-painter is indistinguishable from any other decent business man!" - Babbit

Message 5/7             11-Feb-08  @  02:12 PM   -   RE: Best Movie Soundtrack Type Song Of All Time

capthook

Link?:  Link

C'mon, you guys are forgetting about the greatest of them all; DANNY MUTHAPHUCKIN' ELFMAN The Nightmare Before Christmas?!?!?!?!? Geez, I could go on and name his many success, but you know what I'm talking about.

James Newton Howard= badass!!What else can I say about this guy, he is a real musician who writes his own stuff. He only had two weeks to write King King after Howard Shore was kicked off the film by Peter Jackson... crappy film too!

Hanz Zimmer need not have his name in the same list as Goldsmith!!!!?!?!? What were you thinking? The other 20 musically trained professionals who orchestrate, MIDI transcribe, score, arrange and such need to be mentioned... good luck finding their names anywhere.
Maybe on the CD insert in a -50 font. At least they're getting paid serious money to keep the wizard behind the curtian looking/ sounding good.

John Williams, yeah good, but because he rips bit and pieces from every other Romantic composer and calls it his.

I also agree with you about Queen doing the FLASH soundtrack, it rocks my flippin' socks off!!

Message 6/7             24-Feb-08  @  04:32 AM   -   RE: Best Movie Soundtrack Type Song Of All Time

Jock Munro

aye, your right, that James Newton Howard has written some corkers, I forgot about him.

And of course, Danny Elfman, has written some brilliant soundtracks. Didnt he do the first batman soundtrack ? now that was brilliant.

Actually thinking of Hans Zimmers stuff. Its all a bit samey today. His Pirates Of The Carribean could of been in Gladiator. In fact you can tell his modern stuff a mile off.

But then John Williams stuff from Star Wars could of been in E.T. In fact if you check out the E.T soundtrack again you've got vague leit motif's of The Emperors theme coming thru quite strongly. Just like how Leia's theme sounds very similar to Marians theme from Raiders.

The conning bastard !

Message 7/7             24-Feb-08  @  03:05 PM   -   RE: Best Movie Soundtrack Type Song Of All Time

k

Link?:  Link

i'll also put a shout up for the hammer films music guy James Bernard !

love the first Dracula (in USA "The Horror Of Dracula") cos he uses that DRAC--CU-LAAAAA!! little triplet motif which goes with the sylabels of dracula.. also that great spiralling chase music with the intense snare drum playing that frantic stabby backing ... they used that chase-music is in all their old films like The Hound Of The Baskervilles.. i loved the music in old Hammer's anyways

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)