aaa Out of my dreams and into my.... - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Out of my dreams and into my....

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             08-Feb-08  @  09:22 AM   -   Out of my dreams and into my....

magan_i

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

A few months ago i decided to write songs for my music, then i would either sing them myself or get someone to do so. WhileI'm awake i can't come up with the lyrics or the melody. I seem have songwriters block. But when i'm asleep i get these dreams where the i come up with really great melodies. The lyrics sometimes don't make sense but they can be tweaked to sound better.
But the dreams are so fleeting, i have trouble recalling what the melody or lyrics were five minutes after i wake up. So i know i can write great songs but how do i get them out of my subconscious and into my Reason? I've tried sleeping with a mic next to my bed but can't boot up my computer fast enough to record anything.
help!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             08-Feb-08  @  09:53 AM   -   RE: Out of my dreams and into my....

rags .aka. welder

Link?: Link

Get a mobile phone with built-in audio recording. Or a dictaphone.

Message 3/5             08-Feb-08  @  10:31 AM   -   RE: Out of my dreams and into my....

magan_i

Link?:  No link

well thats an idea but i don't want to write songs every two months. Clearly everything is trapped in my subconscious. So how do i tap into it so i can write songs all the time. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Message 4/5             08-Feb-08  @  05:32 PM   -   RE: Out of my dreams and into my....

Bedwyr

if you want to remember your dreams better, practice.

start by having a pen and paper by your bed and every time you wake up immediately write down any dream you just had, musical or not. the more you do this the more you'll be able to remember your dreams.

here's the first link on google

personally, the less i remember about killing everyone i know, the better.

as to being able to write songs all the time, again it's mostly practice. writing good ones, probaly need some talent.

there's a lot of myths about creativity and innovation. try reading "the myths of innovation" by scott berkun. nice little book.

Message 5/5             08-Feb-08  @  06:11 PM   -   RE: Out of my dreams and into my....

Musineer Productions

The above are all sensible ideas. You could also try alcohol and a variety of other drugs; just double the dosage if it doesn't work. Or was that to forget dreams?

The bit you said about lyrics got me. Don't filter them is my advice. Ambiguous or surreal lyrics stir creativity in the listener, and you might find you end up with a concept you'd never have thought of by being serious.

I remember once, after a night's cubase-ing and much ingesting, going to sleep whilst imagining the lastest tune blasting away in my ears. I was interrupted by the sound of a jack plug being repeatedly pulled out of a socket and then re-inserted, all whilst the amp is turned up high. Over this someone was shouting my name. When I stopped imagining the music the voice and jackplug noise stopped.

Bloody critics everywhere!

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)