aaa User Homepage Templates - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: User Homepage Templates

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             19-Feb-08  @  10:11 PM   -   User Homepage Templates

nme

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

So I finally got round to sorting out my webpage on 7161. I was surprised to see how user friendly it is to use & pleased at the level of detail that is available to customise so that you can get the look & feel your after.

Great work K, its well worth the time & effort you guys invested to give it an individual bespoke feel to each user to customise as they see fit!

Cheers, great work fella!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             19-Feb-08  @  11:33 PM   -   RE: User Homepage Templates

k

Link?:  Link

lol, cool!... thanks fer the props, but ironicaly we're about to close that all down... temporarily tho

i like these pages too:

http://www.7161.com/~KG

http://www.7161.com/~lonedog

http://www.7161.com/~Reflective_Index

remember when dt didnt stop alot? something we think in that whole homepage section is causing the server to bomb cos we didnt have that problem before that was added (we think anyways)

so we're ripping the guts out soon, god know what it'll do to our google ranks changing so many pages, but we gotta start with new fresh pages and then add in bits, check they are ok, add the next... etc

something must be done to stop this server crashing/lockups anyways and apparently it is not the hardware so it's prolly better to cut the site down to a basic 'add song' admin and get that running well first

the upside is when the homepage section returns it'll have a nice realtime colour picker where you can see the homepage colours change on a display as you select

also a nice new progress-bar equipt uploader for audio files so you can see them uploading

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/7             20-Feb-08  @  12:00 AM   -   RE: User Homepage Templates

nme

ahhhhhhhh fook!!!!

Message 4/7             20-Feb-08  @  12:33 AM   -   RE: User Homepage Templates

k

aww never mind mate, sorry, your page looks real good too on the new site, but it's for the best, we gotta make 7161 & DT reliable or it's pointless, i cant even promote the site for the last 2 years in case someoNe comes and it's down when they do mebbe that was for the best over the last 2 years tbh cos now with a new site it gives a reason to start new
& that means reliable, it has to for a hosting site

i mean I get pisssed off with the site, me!.. if i try and use it and it's not responding I'm like "&%#?#%* site!! it's &%#?#%* useless!!"

lol, but thats how peopel will see it sadly. thats the bare truth of it; the standard is set so high nowadays by corporate sites with massive backing.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/7             20-Feb-08  @  12:46 AM   -   RE: User Homepage Templates

nme

Ah no worries K, makes sense I know! Onwards & upwards an all that. If ya wanna run with the big dogs, ya cant piss like a puppy! lol

So is there a timescale for this all to take place, is the work scheduled or is it a case of when time allows during your already hectic schedule?

Once its all done Im sure there'll be no looking back fella!

Message 6/7             20-Feb-08  @  05:07 PM     Edit: 20-Feb-08  |  05:15 PM   -   RE: User Homepage Templates

softcore

I ve got to pop in here and say that this feature -the ehomepage one-is indeed one of the best things anyone has offered to unsigned guys like us!!!
And im sure it ll be worth the wait while you fix all probs!!!!

Thumbs up from me too!!!Thanks for the great work!!!

EDIT:
Oh as for worrying about high standards and taking everything for granted well excuuuse meeee.....
but I guess anyone thinking that, you ve gotta remind them the FREE factor?
I mean hey ,anyone being THAT demanding,go pay for a bloody website,pay for bandwith,pay for email acounts,pay for creating the bloody page in a professional manner,etc etc and then you ll be right to be complaining,right?
in this shitty world we live in that nothing comes for free 7161/DT guys have given enough already!!!

With respect!!!!

Message 7/7             20-Feb-08  @  09:54 PM   -   RE: User Homepage Templates

k

yes thanks for the props SC.. I just meant that nowadays there's so many free hosting sites.. starting with myspace, soundclick etc, and their servers dont go offline several times every bloody day, a free bad service isnt worth much imo to people.

anyways, did some more speeding up scripts today for the new site

mmm.. brussel sprouts.. i love em

ok, brussel sprout interlude is over...

dont get me wrong, the homepages for me are important... but if can sort this problem we can then add even more templates

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)