aaa wow! that new Logic track comping!! - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: wow! that new Logic track comping!!

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             20-Jun-08  @  01:17 AM   -   wow! that new Logic track comping!!

k

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Guys!.. I been trying it tonight, and it's just sooooo easy to work over a loop-range!

you just hit record, sing, play or whatever over a looped range for as many takes as you like and hit stop. After that you see the audio-track and it has an audio clip on it which is as long as the loop range. This clip/region shows the waveform of the last take and looks differnt to normal regions cos it has an arrow icon at each end

if you click the right arrow icon you're prsented with a list of the takes and you can switch as it loops and listen. The other arrow drops down all the takes below, but not on tracks, rather it drops them down on blank tracks and you see them stacked. With them stacked you can just click on any greyed-out take and it becomes solid in color, and the top-of-the-stack waveform display on the actual audio-track updates & changes to show that take's waveform instead. It's pretty glitchless too even on an old g5 dual.

I'm in heaven with it, you dont have to think at all, just record and take as long as you like and then stop, click and audition, it is absolutely f8ckin superb!!

what's the same feature like in the new cubase4 and sonar if anyones got em

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             25-Jun-08  @  12:54 PM   -   RE: wow! that new Logic track comping!!

k

no one using it then?

anyways, for the lurkers, we've been franticaly trying to sort out video screen record export from the mac which was unexpectedly impossible - all formats other than uncompressed .avi seem to fail to work in a non mac editor, displaying all sorts of odd shifting artefacts when exported *sigh*

so we're just sorting out Final Cut Studio 2 editing which when rendered to h.264 look very good for a small filesize, but it has meant getting fcstudio and learning its basics (not easy or cheap!) so we can do it all in mac and not have to export for final editing in Sony Vegas.

The upshot is, very soon you'll see the first 100% free episode-1 of 'Logic Pro For Beginners' (just like the Cubase SX series) - Episode-1 is a full intro to the arrange working area and all snap/grid/region protocol, toolbars, toolboxes, etc etc.

it's looking good so far, stay tuned.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/6             26-Jun-08  @  10:15 PM   -   RE: wow! that new Logic track comping!!

Malcolm Jeffery

Hmmm you been down the pub Kilo looking at some spellings in there sort of slurred spelling
mistakes.

lol

Malk

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S.Thompson -

Message 4/6             26-Jun-08  @  10:21 PM   -   RE: wow! that new Logic track comping!!

Malcolm Jeffery

Always remember,
however out of it you feel you are or look,
you are almost certainly far worst than you think.

ha ha

If you eat dog poo blindfolded it makes you invisble,

Me not down pub but beer in house wif girlfriend all good.

Malk

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S.Thompson -

Message 5/6             05-Jul-08  @  03:13 AM   -   RE: wow! that new Logic track comping!!

k

heh, did a little intro for it (tryin to learn Apple Motion)

quite impresssed with the whole Final Cut Studio tbh, the Compressor app reduced the original to just 5mb (640 x 480) and it's very crisp (if your interested in video stuff at all)

Message 6/6             09-Jul-08  @  05:21 PM   -   RE: wow! that new Logic track comping!!

k

test updating of message count (ignore)

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)