aaa Peavey SP-1 Is it worth buying for 45$ and reconing/new speakers - Live / PA / gigging forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Live / PA / gigging

Subject: Peavey SP-1 Is it worth buying for 45$ and reconing/new speakers

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             30-Jul-08  @  09:27 AM     Edit: 25-Jun-09  |  04:32 AM   -   HELP!? What replacement drivers for Peavey SP-1

pbass

Link?:  No link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

I decided to change the title for my post as my question has changed quite a bit. I want to
replace the drivers in these cabinets with something really good. Please give me suggestions
all you pros that know what you're doing, or if someone could direct me to a site where this is
discussed, that would be great! I just don't really know what I should put in these cabs.
Thanks, Phil
Pbass@illinoisalumni.org
Thanks again and looking forward to receiving as many knowledgeable responses as possible!
BTW: is it possible to edit the subject line?

OLD POST:
Hi. new on this site. I have been looking for Cheap PA for festival usage. I am now presented
with the opportunity to purchase 2 old Peavey SP-1's. The one sounds OK and it's 75$. the
other one definitely has a blown tweeter, didn't sound nearly as good as the better one: 45$
OPINIONS?? how much is reasonable to replace the hi's. What about using them as bass
bins only??? I use vinyl and need some cheap good low end for the desert. I've read these
cabinets can be modified to get better loww low. What is the modification? can i simply make
the cabinet longer towards the back to achieve the desired effect? Also, A "triflex" also by
peavy. I think it is 2x12" 60$ Should I pick it all up while I can? i will be checking back often
until tomorrow morning when I have to decide if I'm following through. Thanks to everyone on
the site, I'd like as many opinions on the potential of these cabs/speakers and what to replace
them with. Thanks, Phil
pbass@illinoisalumni.org

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             30-Jul-08  @  11:20 AM   -   RE: Peavey SP-1 Is it worth buying for 45$ and reconing/new speake...

k

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

definately worth the money, cos just buying the wood alone if you tried to build a pair of eqivilent sized bins of any design with similar volume would cost way more.

I'd say go for it, i wouldnt worry too much about their response, you aint gonna get ultra sub-bass only from them but as a bass bin yes, they should be monster

anyways whatever - a total 120 bucks or so? it's nothing, it's the price of a cheap crossover.

Peavy boxes are well made btw, very underated

hi btw and welcome to the site

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/5             22-Apr-09  @  06:55 PM   -   RE: Peavey SP-1 Is it worth buying for 45$ and reconing/new speake...

djwizz

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

You don't have to recone them you can buy replacable baskets at your local peavey store or online. The baskets unscrew from the magnet and you put the new one on instructions are included

Dj Wizz

Message 4/5             24-Jun-09  @  06:11 PM   -   RE: Peavey SP-1 Is it worth buying for 45$ and rec

pbass

[image file]

So I did end up buying these mostly for the cabs, used em a couple times as is, and then tried to
use them again a couple weekends ago. guess what!? one of the 15's was deadsrc='images/ug.gif'> so I guess now is the time for new drivers. I am driving them with crown and I
want some punch. what should I put in em? open to suggestions!
thanks, Phil
pbass@illinoisalumni.org

Message 5/5             24-Jun-09  @  09:20 PM   -   a bit of a moron

pbass

[image file]

I'm feeling pretty dumb as I bent the basket where it attatches to the plate that had the magnet
mounted to it. it would have been salvageable, but now it's shot, isn't it? Is this still of any potential
use?

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot