aaa the new behringer mixers - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: the new behringer mixers

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             29-Aug-08  @  12:15 PM   -   the new behringer mixers

admin

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

nextgen upgraded Eurodesk from behringer, they are so reminiscent of the old SECK mixers visualy - they look pretty ok if the reliability is there. stupid cheap prices!

BEHRINGER SX Series Mixers - Next Generation Analog Studio/Live Consoles – Complete solutions for recording & small to mid-size live mixing.

BEHRINGER updates its EURODESK line of mixers with the new SX series of recording and live sound consoles. First to arrive are the SX2442FX twenty-four channel and SX3242FX thirty-two channel mixers. The SX series is designed to meet the needs of studio and live mixing applications, with a comprehensive set of features that combine sonic excellence and a full complement of mixing & sound modification tools.

Each four-bus mixer features ultra-low noise, high-headroom XENYX microphone preamps. Mono input channels feature three-band, semi-parametric mid-range EQ with Neo-classic “British” response. Stereo input channels provide precise four-band equalization. Each input has four aux sends; with two sends switchable between pre/post fader, for a flexible mix of monitor and effects applications.

External signal processing racks can be largely eliminated, thanks to the SX Series’ two integrated effects processors and stereo 9-band graphic EQ. One-hundred 24-bit / 96kHz studio-quality effects presets can be called-up and assigned to one or both internal effects buses. Main or Monitor output EQ is set and fine-tuned with the intuitive FBQ Feedback Detection display.

When external processing is required, the SX Series provides extensive insert patch-points for input channels and main outputs. The Master section offers a wealth of features such as multiple aux and stereo returns, switchable SIP / PFL monitoring, Talkback, metering and more.

An internal auto-ranging power supply (100 – 240V), gold-plated XLR output connectors and rugged steel construction ensure that the SX Series consoles will travel anywhere to tackle any recording or mixing task, with pristine audio quality and a minimum of external gear.

• Premium ultra-low noise, high-headroom analog mixer

• 16/20 state-of-the-art XENYX Mic Preamps (SX2442FX/SX3242FX)

• Two/four stereo input channels with 4-band EQ plus 2 additional stereo input channels with Level and pre-fader Aux controls (SX2442FX/SX3242FX)

• Neo-classic "British" 3-band EQs with semi-parametric mid band

• Two independent studio-grade 24-bit stereo FX processors with 100 presets including reverb, chorus, flanger, delay, pitch shifter and various multi-effects

• High-precision 9-band stereo graphic EQ for monitor or main mixes

• FBQ Feedback Detection system

• Peak LEDs, Mute, Main mix and subgroup routing switches, Solo and PFL functions on all channels

• Inserts on each mono channel and main mix for flexible connections to outboard processors

• 4 Subgroup outputs and additional Mono output with sweepable Low Pass filter for subwoofer application

• 4 Aux sends per channel: 2 pre/post fader switchable for monitoring/FX applications, 2 post fader (for internal FX or as external send)

• Balanced Main mix outputs with 1⁄4" jacks and gold-plated XLR connectors, separate Control room, Headphone and stereo Tape outputs

• Solo-In-Place and Pre-Fader-Listen functions plus full-featured Talkback section

• Standby switch mutes all channels during breaks while background music is provided via CD/Tape inputs

• Long-wearing 60 mm logarithmic-taper faders and sealed rotary controls

• Internal auto-ranging power supply for maximum flexibility (100 – 240 V~), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption for energy saving

• High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life

----------------------

SSX2442FX - UK £346 - EURO519 - US $739.99

SX3242FX - UK £413 - EURO619 - US $879.99

"In other countries, art and literature are left to a lot of shabby bums living in attics and feeding on booze and spaghetti, but in America the successful writer or picture-painter is indistinguishable from any other decent business man!" - Babbit

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             02-Sep-08  @  05:20 PM   -   RE: the new behringer mixers

k

Link?: Link

they are sending one over for a review, so stay tuned

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/8             12-Sep-08  @  07:12 PM   -   RE: the new behringer mixers

k

well it's arrived, smaller than i thought it'd be (it's the 24 channel version) very compact

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/8             19-Sep-08  @  02:07 AM   -   RE: the new behringer mixers

k

well, i started to do some vids, got one almost 100% and then decided it'd be way better to walk thru the features with the mixer passing an audio signal 'on-cam'... so rather than show the eq and list it's features/specs, there is also a likkle bit of tweaking which can be heard on cam'

so i ordered some little KRK's to sit by the mixer and not get too much in the way, so the first vid'll be done next week

anyhoo... it's not bad assuming it will be reliable - if it does turn out to be reliable it's gonna be a real winner actualy, the mic amps are good for the price (336 quid and it'll go down, it's just been released), inserts on all mic channels and main l/r out - the eq's not bad either, it's not at all a surgical eq, but it's tuned pretty smooth and musical, 80hz bass, 12k top, 100-8k seeo mid - all +/- 15dB

The fx are actualy very decent if uneditable, shame really cos the verbs are actualy pretty lush and it's be nice to be able to tweak em a bit, downside is 10 preset delay times,, no way to set delay tempo - also it has exciter, autofilter (again no way to select freq'), some type of bass-boost/maximiser type stuff, it has a test tone preset (1k).. all the usual time based effects and some combo's rounds off the selection

The fx sends 1/2 are hardwired to the 2 x 24 bit dig' onboard fx units, but joy of joys, you can send the signal arriving at either fx unit OUT via a dedicated master fx send... or you can use the fx sends both ways at the same time!

um... yeah it's ok, it's also got a mono master out channel with a low-pass filter to deliver to a sub or whatever (the lopass is switchable), 2 aux's as well. not bad for just over 300 quid.

Message 5/8             10-Oct-08  @  12:58 AM   -   RE: the new behringer mixers

leontaiedzwa

Did you do the review after this?

Message 6/8             19-Nov-08  @  12:13 AM   -   RE: the new behringer mixers

k

updated - i added hir-es copies - much better picture

Behringer Eurodesk SX2442FX - mini-review 1

Behringer Eurodesk SX2442FX - mini-review 2

soon come with the longer version

Message 7/8             27-Nov-08  @  12:14 PM   -   RE: the new behringer mixers

k

part-1 - intro & inputs section - This is the longer version with full explanations for noobs, plus a look at the sweep eq curve in a wavelab freq scope etc... part-2 (master section) soon

Message 8/8             10-Dec-08  @  09:30 AM   -   RE: the new behringer mixers

rags .aka. welder

"British EQ" ROTFLMAO!

k, i think you should do more voice acting on your reviews, you're getting pretty good at it!

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)