aaa TAPCO - 6925 by Mackie - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: TAPCO - 6925 by Mackie

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             27-Jun-09  @  09:52 AM   -   TAPCO - 6925 by Mackie      [Link: - ]

djsocahaze

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi, I've got two W Audio DA500's (one as a backup) and I'm looking to purchase the TAPCO 6925 for use with this amp. However I get conflicting information on how to configure the system. The DA500's work at 150W @ 8 ohms or 250W @ 4ohms(two channels). Am I barking up the wrong tree with these speakers?
I'm not a system engineer but want to learn.
Regards
DJ Soca Haze

[This is a question post from a dancetech product page - Replying will send a flag to the person who has added the question.]

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             30-Jun-09  @  02:37 PM   -   RE: TAPCO - 6925 by Mackie

k

Link?: Link

yes they will work, but you are better off to use one amp for each speaker. (bridged in mono to get 250 watts mono per each amp into 8ohms)

[This is a question post from a dancetech product page - Replying will send a flag to the person who has added the question.]

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/4             01-Jul-09  @  07:14 PM   -   RE: TAPCO - 6925 by Mackie

djsocahaze

So far, from the web, I seen this...

"In practice, the speaker Program Power rating should be MORE than two times the amplifier RMS power rating. For maximum protection, select speakers with Program Power ratings of four times the amplifier power rating."

and this which seems to contradict the firs quote above...

"Ideally you want an amplifier capable of producing twice the RMS of your speakers or basically able to produce the peak amount. The less an amp has to work, the better the sound."

Which is correct?

"bridged in mono to get 250 watts mono per each amp into 8ohms", I am not sure how to hook this up. I'll do some more digging. Thanks for the info

Message 4/4             01-Jul-09  @  08:14 PM   -   RE: TAPCO - 6925 by Mackie

k

well it's both ways round in fact - damage can be done to the speakers if the amp drives the speakers too hard, and the amp can be damaged or will just bum out overloaded if it is being forced to work too hard to drive speakers it isnt powerful enuff to drive]

havent you ever been to a party and the hifi is cranked, and after an hour or less the music suddenly goes all low in volume... thats the amp cutting out cos it is straining to drive the speakers at full bore for too long.

sp yes idealy the amp needs enuff wellie (power) to push the speakers. So thats why i said yes one amp of yours alone could drive the pair of mackies, but if the amp is operating safely within a reasonable range the speakers wont be very loud

if you use the 2 amps, each mono bridged, then each amp is delivering it's max power into one output rather than 2 (left/right) so it has all it's power to drive one mackie speaker

one amp per speaker

sadly your amp cant be bridged unless you opened her up and modded it - the 1000 watt version (Warrior DA-1000 Amplifier) does have a bridging feature.

you might be better with something like this:

http://www.dancetech.com/aa_dt_new/shop/shop2.cfm?product_id=223282&start=101&end=120&step_rowcount=6&dt_shop_class=&type=PA&name_search=the%20box

cos basicaly it's the same... tapco and thomann both made in china, but thomann have been manufactyuring there for 10 years and are more bedded in

these speakers are the same price, same power but are designed to accept a 4ohm load - so your amp could operate at it's full power

again your amp isnt really powerful enuff even driving a 4ohm load speaker box of that power capability, but it's a slightly better bet than driving 180 watts into the same power of speaker at 8ohms

and the thomann 'the box' speakers give you a 3 year guarantee!

i dunno if you are in europe tho, cos they dont do america

the other option is get 2 powered bass bins and 2 smaller fullrange tops - your amp would easily drive smaller single 15" + tweeter cabs, and the powered bass bins would power themselves
but that'd cost you alot more

the other option is to try and find a similarly priced and features speaker pair which have 2 inputs - one for powering the tops and one for the bass, then your 2 amps could power those splitting the duty between them to power the bass edna dn the mid/top end

but again, at lower prices these features dont appear really

dont get ne wrong your amp will drive those boxes, but not fully loud without stressing the amp

so on the exact same budget the thomann 'the box' speakers are your best bet cos they are lower impedance allowing your amp to deliver more into them

and as i say 3 year guarantee, but thery only really sell in europe

also if in USA (or otherwise) check PEAVEY pa speakers - they are SO underated - their amps and pa boxes are bloody superb value. I've used them to rig up big halls, and they perform.

like these Peavey's are similar to the thomann 'the box' and the tapco/mackie speakers:

http://www.dancetech.com/aa_dt_new/shop/shop2.cfm?product_id=210871&start=201&end=220&step_rowcount=11&dt_shop_class=PABF&type=PA&name_search=

one other thing - if you are doinga small portable club system to put on disco's, you dont need 2 bass bins - you do realise that? one bigger self powered (active) bass unit, and then 2 single 15" + tweeter cans driven by your amp would do the trick

bass isnt directional so it doesnt matter if you only start out with one bass bin as long as it's got enuff grunt

so thats another option - one single active (powered) bass bin and a pair of 15" or 12" + tweeter boxes for the tops powered by your amp

or finaly get 4 x 15" with tweeter boxes and run one pair from each amp

depnds how loud you wanna be - if you want to blast the f8ck out of people then get a 700 quid dual 18" bass active bin from thomann - they are BIG, and heavey - 1600 watts, 3200 watts peak

one of those in the middle on the floor and then 2 x 15" with tweeters up on poles and that'd be damned loud man!!!

this is the bass box (active with amps inside)

http://www.dancetech.com/aa_dt_new/shop/shop2.cfm?product_id=108803&start=61&end=80&step_rowcount=4&dt_shop_class=PABB&type=PA&name_search=

it's 700 quid tho, but has a 3 year warranty

depends what you wanna do as i say - with club systems it's all about the bass, as a clubber there is nothing worse than going to a club which has too loud tops - so you get ear-frying top and cringing levels of harsh midrange

what you want is driving pounding bass and the mid/tops just loud enuff

pa for bands playing gigs is totaly different

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)