aaa Are we afraid to give true feed back.... - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Are we afraid to give true feed back....

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/13             12-Sep-09  @  02:05 AM   -   Are we afraid to give true feed back....

NastyM

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Why oh why ?
do we only comment on tracks worthy of praise.... theres loads a shit out there (me in particular) who could benefit with constructive / destructive critique
please dont let us / me flounder unknowingly .. to be left in state of ignorance creating pure shite is little more than leaving children to be abused with bad poppas podging rod!
shame on you !

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             12-Sep-09  @  04:43 AM     Edit: 12-Sep-09  |  04:46 AM   -   RE: Are we afraid to give true feed back....

sitar

Link?: Link

you need to talk to the world at large. k can't force people to comment on tracks. and true
feedback is subjective. there are people who hate trance and people who hate breakbeat and
people who hate techno. how do you say someone else's track is shite or great? if what people
think is great is what you're looking for vote for britney spears.

Message 3/13             12-Sep-09  @  10:51 AM   -   RE: Are we afraid to give true feed back....

NastyM

Hi Sitar

Thanks for the response.

I totally agree with your comment with regard to opinion and personal taste, but the point ive been trying to make is that there does not appear to be any real structure with regard to the chart and would really be interested in how it works ... whether or not its based on track viewings, the star ratings or even just a random selection (possibly on a rotation system) to allow everyones material to be aired further.

With regard to the power of k i am only trying to fathom who he is and wether or nor he is directly affiliated with the site. (admittidly my methods could appear a liitle odd!)

As for feedback being subjective ...... couldnt agree more, however i would like to think that people are looking for criticism of there material with a view to improving there song / music writing ability rather than nothing more than using the site as a showcase for personal gain and self glorification.

I believe that most people could leave some comment no matter how inane, & really do feel that this may benefit all (irrespective) after all most "musicians" can appreciate different styles / genres even if its not their own personal taste and would never in a million years make their favourite playlist on their pc / ipod.

Maybe, just maybe, if people are willing to leave comment rather than the voyeuristic sneak viewing of tracks that appears to happen, we could all benefit.

Give it a whirl leave a comment not just a star......

arent these little happy faces just great!

Message 4/13             12-Sep-09  @  11:56 AM   -   RE: Are we afraid to give true feed back....

k

actualy Nasty that Desire-E has an awesome start, really cool mate, it's great dub underneath. I dont have a sub, just listening on small 5" speakers, but very good track actualy mate

the brasswork is good too - samples yes? well the flourishes are really nicely done if samples

as for charts i dont follow them in real life since i was like 16 or something but i distinctly remember you'd get an appaling hodgepodge of tracks in any given month, u cant stop people's mates voting for them

i also seem to remember many years ago the number-1 track in germany was a track made from samples of cat mieows... er....

the charts have always been cobblers, i mean look at them now... then compare that selection to what 'da yout dem' actualy have on their ipods and pc's

not even close! not even in the same solar system.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/13             12-Sep-09  @  09:33 PM   -   RE: Are we afraid to give true feed back....

NastyM

Cheers Mr k
really appreciate your comments, very kind indeed......as you quite rightly guessed, brass samples. As yet i dont have the privilege of a small horn section (although my wife might beg to differ.... then again she can beg all she wants)
Your point with respect to the charts is taken on board, however it still intrigues me as to how it works .....
the other point i raised concerned you directly who are you? i know you gave me a little insite into your background when i first registered on the site, but im still astounded by the level of input you have on this site .... youre all over it like a rash ... I assume that you are integral to the running of said site but as yet this is still unconfirmed. Until i receive confirmation i can only assume your some sort of omnipresent cyberslut.....and am quite convinced i could be on the right track with this one (im sure i noticed the special k signature in another forum on some other muso site)

Message 6/13             13-Sep-09  @  07:24 AM   -   RE: Are we afraid to give true feed back....

damballah

k was once the downstairs neighbor to a cat named tadger.

what more do you need to know?

Message 7/13             13-Sep-09  @  02:10 PM   -   RE: Are we afraid to give true feed back....

k

lol, no the cat tadger... it was me and me mates cat. Ran off eventualy cos it wasnt snipped

um yes Nasty i part own the site

slut?... yes, definately.... cyber... not so much

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/13             13-Sep-09  @  08:01 PM   -   RE: Are we afraid to give true feed back....

NastyM

Now i begin to understand ..... hence the testing etc.

well i feel more comfy knowing a liitle of whos what and whats who.

What really surprised me is that Tadger ran off cause he wasn`t snipped, surely he`d be more inclined to leave the roost so to speak if he had been, or possibly he went to share his remaining years with the one known only as Bedwyr.
After all a man with such legendary Gonad mass would quite obviously be a natural homing beacon for wayward toms and the like.............

............ why the big paws ? I assume Tadger was a big cat (king of toms)!

Speaky soon

Message 9/13             13-Sep-09  @  09:20 PM   -   RE: Are we afraid to give true feed back....

damballah

lol! well played nasty!

Message 10/13             16-Sep-09  @  01:27 AM   -   RE: Are we afraid to give true feed back....

NastyM

Cheers for the little aside comments
to be truthful ...... really enjoyed our little tennis match
made a change from the norm.......not to be discouraged
will bicker with you again.

However (should you really start a sentance with however?) am still quite amazed very few people are willing to comment on tracks...have been making constant effort to ammend this situation.
I fully understand that making any comment is purely subjective to taste ... but lacking tech Know how id love to chat...certain people out there clank my own strings and would love to get tech tips or otherwise (prob what the tech tips section is all about)
.................ANYHEW its LATE bit DRUnk and FERGOTTing ow to type

Type you all soon MEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Message 11/13             17-Sep-09  @  02:57 AM   -   RE: Are we afraid to give true feed back....

sitar

i once duct-taped a tabby to my scanner to get a pic of it on my computer.

what? never heard of a catscan?

Message 12/13             17-Sep-09  @  04:57 PM   -   RE: Are we afraid to give true feed back....

k

hur hur

Message 13/13             19-Sep-09  @  01:21 AM   -   RE: Are we afraid to give true feed back....

NastyM

Very ammusing Sitar, so ammusing I had my dog look over it, but as yet am still awaiting the Lab report.....
....on a darker note (and true), a body was recently found (yesterday) in a field local to where I live, the body was burnt and deposited in a dustbin.
During my visit to the local tavern (drunkards hostelry) I happened upon a police notice warning "Behave or be banned", was it wrong to adjust said sign to read..."Behave or be binned!"?

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)