aaa On BBC4 this Friday night... looks interesting... - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

27-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: On BBC4 this Friday night... looks interesting...

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             12-Oct-09  @  08:45 PM   -   On BBC4 this Friday night... looks interesting...

Jock Munro

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Part of the Electric Dreams season on BBC4, which has been brilliant so far....

But I'm definately looking forward to this...

BBC4 - Synth Brittania

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             13-Oct-09  @  12:00 PM   -   RE: On BBC4 this Friday night... looks interesting...

k

yeah it's being discussed on most music forums, hopefuly it'll be more than style & fashion reminiscining on the 80's by old celebrities.

did you watch that techno documentary btw, we added on the dancetech frontpage?

http://www.dancetech.com/display_video_details.cfm?dt_video_id=556

thats a good one.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/6             13-Oct-09  @  05:34 PM   -   RE: On BBC4 this Friday night... looks interesting...

Mortimer

wow whats going on, Electric Dreams banned in America?

the Detroit Techno one was interesting

Message 4/6             18-Oct-09  @  07:47 PM   -   RE: On BBC4 this Friday night... looks interesting...

k

it was actualy very good, heh i have a mini korg so that sucked me in straight away ;)

the restriction on viewing location is due to more copyright lawyers bs i spose. territorial rights issues etc it'll surely creep onto youtube or google video for at least a while tho i'd have thought

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/6             19-Oct-09  @  04:05 PM   -   RE: On BBC4 this Friday night... looks interesting...

Jock

Link?:  Link

Well I thought that was a right bucket of cock. I really did. The researchers picking on the same old obvious groups done in the same crappy predictable style.

I was not impressed at all.

In fact I was so upset I shit in a jiffy bag and sent it to the BBC.

Message 6/6             20-Oct-09  @  01:51 AM   -   RE: On BBC4 this Friday night... looks interesting...

k

i must admit i was suprised there was no n-n-n-nineteen as some time was allocated to samplers

i spose the problem is: what's the cutoff date point and how far do you branch out? like they didnt go near 80's acid, squat-rock and rave beginnings for example which was sampler/synth led as much as any 'synth band' they showed.

but some of the footage was ok, it was a decent history of uk synth pop and some related stuff & some socio-whatever inter-weavings

also tbh no tv show is ever good enuff for the enthusiasts in the subject are they?

best for me was the in your face testament that the cheap gear can make great records, it's all about context

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)