aaa question about bit rate, audio sample rate, modifying, arrangement and mix/remixes - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: question about bit rate, audio sample rate, modifying, arrangement and mix/remixes

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             15-Oct-09  @  07:36 AM   -   question about bit rate, audio sample rate, modifying, arrangement...

amate

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hi,

Anybody knows what's the best 'bit rate' and 'audio sample rate' for mp3 files?
I've seen some mp3s have bit rate: 256kbps or 192kbps and audio sample rate: 48 kHz or 44 kHz. What's the best quality/settings for this?

And do I violate something when I try to modify, edit or alter an existing music? For example I want to alter the music Canada by CoLD SToRAGE. Making it slight different from the original Canada. Does that mean I can change the title Canada into Feisarnada and the artist to me - Feisarnada by amate. Or my own version of Canada - Canada by amate. Or adding a 'feat'? - Canada feat amate. =)

And is arrangement different from mix/remixes? How will you know?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             16-Oct-09  @  03:41 AM   -   RE: question about bit rate, audio sample rate, mo

sitar

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

It can be a muddy area but if you yourself know you are altering, modifying, or editing an existing
piece of copyrighted music and then calling it yours, the only way you can feel safe from legal action
is by not making it public. Verve had even purchased the rights to use a sample for their biggest hit
Bittersweet Symphony. It was a great song but they wound up getting sued and lost all the money
they made on the song I think because they used more of the sample than they had paid for. It's
better to write your own music. Otherwise what's the point?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)