aaa That fucking Flying Waltz patch - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: That fucking Flying Waltz patch

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             08-Feb-10  @  09:53 PM   -   That fucking Flying Waltz patch

Jock

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Arrrgh, talk about cringeworthy. From the Roland JV1080, and most probably on all the spin offs.

Its been fucking me off for over 10 years. Usually used in Toilet Duck commericials, it crops up in real music, such as Enigma's stuff, see Le Roi Est Mort, Vive Le Roi and Why for an example.

I just have to get it off my chest. Its a shit patch, its always been a shit patch, and completely unuseable and shit. What an annoying shit fucking sound.

Thank you.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             09-Feb-10  @  12:38 AM   -   RE: That fucking Flying Waltz patch

sitar

i hear ya. here's something else that's annoying though. i played wow for a few years. i chose a
hunter as my main character. when a hunter enables 'aspect of the hawk' you hear a distant
screeching sound with a reverb as if you were in a large canyon. i can't tell you how many times i've
heard the exact same sample in movies. i'm talking about big box office moves. the same with
horses winnying and bears growling in a certain way. those very samples are used in wow and in
movies and shows. i'm guessing they are free samples.

Message 3/9             09-Feb-10  @  03:31 PM   -   RE: That fucking Flying Waltz patch

Bedwyr

not necessarily free, you can pay for royalty free sample cds and there's only so many creaking door samples. They're used all over post-production; one classic is the scream

Message 4/9             09-Feb-10  @  06:33 PM   -   RE: That fucking Flying Waltz patch

sitar

lol!

Message 5/9             09-Feb-10  @  06:46 PM   -   RE: That fucking Flying Waltz patch

Bedwyr

might as well include the video:

Message 6/9             10-Feb-10  @  01:08 PM   -   RE: That fucking Flying Waltz patch

k

LOL, CLASSIC

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/9             11-Feb-10  @  04:16 AM   -   RE: That fucking Flying Waltz patch

sitar

LMAO! whenever you hear a horse whinnying or a bear growling in movies like dances with wolves
think of me a feel my pain. those sounds bring world of warcraft back into the forefront of my mind.

Message 8/9             15-Jul-10  @  04:57 PM   -   RE: That fucking Flying Waltz patch

Malcolm Jeffery

OMG the screech sitar i believe is the sample of an eagle that has been and still is being used to this day, amazing someone cant be bothered to sample 10 different ones and have them alternate, ive been laughing at this for years, the scream is funny in the above video,

Another one is the child's chuckle which i first heard on the very first zero g sample cd ecstatic goldmine, still appears in major films, adverts, dramas, so fucking lazy not to get new ones, but goes to show no one is professional enough not to go "o bollocks gimme the eagle and the little kid. that a do".

the eagle is even in star trek i think the original series,

seems logical captain
how many girls you had Spock since we been zooming about space?
none captain
how many have i had Spock
all of them captain.
keep yer logic you pointy eared freak, gimme another babe.

eeeeehhhh.....reverrrrrbbb

Malk

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S.Thompson -

Message 9/9             15-Jul-10  @  11:25 PM   -   RE: That fucking Flying Waltz patch

sitar

i've heard that eagle a couple of times in the past two weeks alone. one was in a preview ad for a
new show or a new season for a show. the reason i know it so well is from playing a hunter class
character for 3 years in World of Warcraft. that's the sound heard every time a hunter's "aspect of
the hawk" is enabled. there is also the roar bears in the game make and the winnying sound horses
in the game make. i hear them on tv shows too.

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)