aaa some amazing stuff - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: some amazing stuff

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11             21-Mar-10  @  01:43 AM   -   some amazing stuff

sitar

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

watched an interview with a physicist yesterday. he said that only days ago german scientists
successfully made a 3D object become invisible. what i didn't know is that scientists were
able to make a flat object become invisible but prior to a few days ago they couldn't do it with a
3D object.

he pointed out the next thing is something out of the star trek transporter room. scientists are
able to transport photons a distance of 600 meters. they're now focused on transporting
atoms to the space station. makes me wonder how transporter technology will play into
soccer matches. off sides anyone? would make for a lot less running anyway.

and finally he spoke about time travel. he said it is possible theoretically but at this time our
technology is not there. it would take a machine of enormous and impractical size to
accomplish the task. he said they believe it will be possible in about 200 years. but here's
what's funny. he said it's possible that our descendants will be able to time travel so if
someone knocks on your door and introduces herself as your great great great great great
great grand daughter don't be so quick to slam the door in her face. there's a mind fuck for us
all.

think about it though. not too long ago we believed the world was flat and the best synth for
trance was the virus. i still love the supernova but that's just me.

are there going to be bouncers equipped to kick out people who transported into a techno
concert without a ticket? all of the technology foiled by an ink stamp on the back of your hand.
which btw reminds me...i've never washed my hands after a night with a woman or after
getting ink stamped after a night at a concert. but again, that's just me

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             24-Mar-10  @  12:12 PM   -   RE: some amazing stuff

Test Deejay

Link?:  Link

are you sure about that (time travel is possible)?

isnt it like with trying to acheive zero teperature? like the closer you get to zero the more energy is required for each miniscule step and that increases exponentialy and yiou can never quite reach it cos each tiny step as you approach the threshold gets smaller & smaller each time but requires double the energy and double again, and double again, and again and again etc etc-

they tried it - i saw it on tv, they got it down so cold, it was actualy way colder than anywhere in the known universe, but they just couldnt get to the threshold

check it - amazing shit man!

Message 3/11             24-Mar-10  @  11:47 PM   -   RE: some amazing stuff

sitar

i'm not a physicist but the physicist said einstein's theories prove that it's theoretically possible to
time travel. some of einstein's theories have since been overturned. similarly to the 0 degree
theory that stands today, einstein claimed it would be impossible to ever travel the speed of light.
however there is a science called antigravitics. some debunk it and if it is a reality the U.S. military
is keeping it tightly under wraps. the reason i believe the technology exists is that in the 1980s i
heard a military spokesperson speak on the news about it and also heard about it in other
contexts. the technology which is supposedly already in existence according to the spokesperson
in the 80s (actually he might have been a high ranking retired military official. it was over two
decades ago) involves electrically charging an aircraft in such a way that it becomes sort of an anti
gravity field causing it to go immediately to another gravitational point. a sloppy explanation i know
but according to this military guy, the crew of the aircraft would experience no sense of motion and
no time change and yet they would suddenly find themselves hundreds of miles from where they
were. i first read about this technology in the 70s regarding the method used by extraterrestrials to
travel great distances through space. i've never personally seen an extraterrestrial craft but i have
very credible friends including a couple of pilots who are older than me. one told me he was in his
private plane in the 60s when he saw something hovering near him. he said "i don't know what it
was but it definitely didn't belong there". he actually said he saw a few UFOs but when he reported
the first one he was interrogated and accused of using drugs or alcohol for hours. after that he
stopped reporting them. i'm also of the belief that within this incomprehensibly huge universe in
which our sun is only a medium sized sun and not only is our planet not the center of the universe
as was preached in the dark ages, in relation to our 1 of nearly 500 billion galaxies our solar
system is situated not in the center but somewhere in the galactic suburbs of the milky way, that
our planet is the only one with intelligent life would be less of a stretch than if we paved the entire
earth as a huge parking lot but only had one car.

the debate over extraterrestrials aside, although einstein's theory about attempting to travel the
speed of light being an impossibility because matter would have to turn into photons in order to do
so, antigravitic technology should it truly exist would appear to override that in that one still travels a
distance with no passage of time.

personally I believe a lot is possible although i believed i could write decent tracks and that didn't
quite work out lol. but this i do believe. we'll be able to time travel long before i finally write a decent
track a few lifetimes from now. hopefully dancetech will still be around. if not no biggy. i'll be able to
travel back through time and upload the track to dt. in fact, i'll go back to shortly before i posted my
first track here just to see the comments, "wow sitar. this is really your first track? awesome
dude". that's my plan.

Message 4/11             30-Mar-10  @  08:47 AM   -   RE: some amazing stuff

Musineer Productions

I remember a New Scientist from years ago that had an article on a microwave and electromagnetic plasma drive. It was called a Mirabo I think, or something similar. The Russians had one; then the Americans. The theory was that the microwaves did whacky stuff with the elctro magnets to turn the space (air) in front of the craft into a plasma, which sucked the craft into it. But as the plasma was always a set distance in front, the craft travelled in whatever direction the plasma was formed. Aerodynamics became old hat. It didn't matter what shape the craft was, as it wasn't flying in the traditional sense.

Here's a thought. If all is energy, then distance should be thought of as the amount of energy required to pass from A to B, not a measure of length. And as all is relative (c/o Albert E), were you to play a tune and then travel through low-density space while the light from your playing a tune went through high-density space, then at a given distance you'd be able to watch yourself playing. But you wouldn't be able to interfere and correct that bum note as you'd be far away and the event would have already happened, even though the evidence of it was becoming apparent and being witnessed for the first time by everyone but you in that faraway place.

And to add a wonky oar to the halving/doubling notion, if it takes a finite amount of time to travel a finite distance, say one metre per second, and there are an infinite number of divisions of said distance, each requiring a finite amount of time to traverse, will it take forever to travel that one metre?

I've moved to the Caribbean by the way.

Message 5/11             30-Mar-10  @  01:17 PM   -   RE: some amazing stuff

NastyM

Link?:  No link

if it takes a finite amount of time to travel a finite distance, say one metre per second, and there are an infinite number of divisions of said distance, each requiring a finite amount of time to traverse, will it take forever to travel that one metre?

tried telling the boss that was the reason for my lateness this morning, he was having none of it even when i explained id finally managed to defeat the quirky laws of physics.

BTW how long did it take to get to the Caribbean, its a hellishly long way from deepest Wales?

Message 6/11             30-Mar-10  @  01:50 PM   -   RE: some amazing stuff

sitar

That's interesting about plasma travel. The spacial travel without the passing of time technology I
read and heard about is called antigravitics. There are explanations of it as well as denials of the
existence of the technology and debunking of it on the web. Personally I believe it exists.

The Caribbean. Wow. Must be nice.

NastyM. Tell your boss he needs to catch up on his quantum physics reading. That reason for being
late to work is a widely accepted fact today. And tell him that by the time you arrive at work you can
look back and observe yourself getting out of bed.

Message 7/11             30-Mar-10  @  02:38 PM   -   RE: some amazing stuff

NastyM

Link?:  No link

funnily enough it didnt quite pan out like that ... what actually happened was as i was getting out of bed i observed myself leaving the office the previous night, assuming id alreday completed a days work i returned to the sack to further research the effects of sleep saturation

Message 8/11             08-Apr-10  @  02:00 AM   -   RE: some amazing stuff

Musineer Productions

Nasty: A long time. Clearing out all the crap I'd accumulated, or rather the missus had (ahem), was a seemingly endless process. In the last hours before the drive to Gatwick I was bagging and chucking all sorts of stuff (too many old fourtrack cassettes to re-record, so they were consigned to their moment in time). The flight itself, after a mad drive of nearly 200 miles, was easy -- I was asleep before we took off and snoozed most of the way.

Sitar: It's lovely.

I've been working with my lass to get an income through our business, Freelancealot.co.uk, which only required a computer, Internet access, and us. We think we've now managed it. As long as we can connet to the web we can do our work, so it doesn't matter where we connect. Our clients are from lots of different countries. Grenada is hot and dry and friendly. The sea is as clear as bathwater without bubbles (before you get in). I've discovered that cocktails are actually quite tasty, cocoa pods are a bit odd, snorkelling is a laugh, and rum can be ludicrously strong. If I knew any of this before I'm in no doubt about it now. Been here a month; hope to stay much longer.

My Icy Box isn't recognised by this W7 Vaio however, so I don't have access to my tune-brewing kit yet. I have started playing music the primitive way again, you know, twanging strings and stuff, and I'm enjoying it.

I rise with the sun at about six, work till two or three in the afternoon, spend three hours enjoying the beach and sea, another three working, scoff Mahi Mahi if possible, arse about, and go to bed.

If this is a midlife crisis I want another next year!

Message 9/11             08-Apr-10  @  02:50 AM   -   RE: some amazing stuff

sitar

sounds awesome. what i love about freelancing is i'm not in a box. i start work in the morning. go for
lunch and a couple of beers in the afternoon. come back home and work as long as i want. if i wake
up in the middle of the night with an idea i hop on the puter and work it out. of course i don't have a
beautiful beach to spend afternoons. the 9-5 cubicle is highly overrated.

Message 10/11             08-Apr-10  @  02:53 AM   -   RE: some amazing stuff

sitar

nasty...most people simply don't understand physics. imo people who major in business should be
required to take, pass, and actually understand particle physics classes.

Message 11/11             08-Apr-10  @  11:05 AM   -   RE: some amazing stuff

k

Musineer Productions wrote:

Nasty: A long time. Clearing out all the crap Id accumulated, or rather the missus had (ahem), was a seemingly endless process. In the last hours before the drive to Gatwick I was bagging and chucking all sorts of stuff (too many old fourtrack cassettes to re-record, so they were consigned to their moment in time). The flight itself, after a mad drive of nearly 200 miles, was easy -- I was asleep before we took off and snoozed most of the way.

Sitar: Its lovely.

Ive been working with my lass to get an income through our business, Freelancealot.co.uk, which only required a computer, Internet access, and us. We think weve now managed it. As long as we can connet to the web we can do our work, so it doesnt matter where we connect. Our clients are from lots of different countries. Grenada is hot and dry and friendly. The sea is as clear as bathwater without bubbles (before you get in). Ive discovered that cocktails are actually quite tasty, cocoa pods are a bit odd, snorkelling is a laugh, and rum can be ludicrously strong. If I knew any of this before Im in no doubt about it now. Been here a month; hope to stay much longer.

My Icy Box isnt recognised by this W7 Vaio however, so I dont have access to my tune-brewing kit yet. I have started playing music the primitive way again, you know, twanging strings and stuff, and Im enjoying it.

I rise with the sun at about six, work till two or three in the afternoon, spend three hours enjoying the beach and sea, another three working, scoff Mahi Mahi if possible, arse about, and go to bed.

If this is a midlife crisis I want another next year!

damn! sounds idyllic! i've got family on the island as it goes.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)