aaa effects of music on health being studied in italy - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: effects of music on health being studied in italy

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             09-May-10  @  11:17 AM   -   effects of music on health being studied in italy

sitar

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

italians have long believed that opera has an overall healing effect. in fact, opera is often called
the chicken soup of italy so now a study is taking place at the university of medicine in rome to
find out once and for all if there is any proof to back the claim. 100 volunteers suffering from flu-
like symptoms have been asked to listen to cds of placido domingo but half of the volunteers
were actually given cds of placebo domingo. results are pending

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             09-May-10  @  11:31 AM   -   RE: effects of music on health being studied in italy

k

lol! that was actualy good, ha!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/8             10-May-10  @  08:33 PM   -   RE: effects of music on health being studied in italy

sitar

did i tell you about the guy hanging out in Calcutta? he watched from across the street as a new
kebab shop opened. the sign on the shop read "best kebabs in the city!" and immediately business
was booming. the guy kept watching when a week later another kebab shop opened next door to the
first. the sign on this shop read "best kebabs in the country!" and the new kebab shop did even better
business than the first. still the guy kept watching and yet another kebab shop opened next door to th
first two with a sign that read "best kebabs in the world!". the third shop stole all of the customers
and became the new popular kebab shop . finally the guy decided to go into business for himself and
opened a fourth kebab shop next door to the other three and lo and behold his stole all the customers
from the first three shops. he hung out a sign that said "best kebabs on the block".

Message 4/8             11-May-10  @  04:20 AM   -   RE: effects of music on health being studied in italy

nutoniom

Ha! We have best Habs in block period !| Take that you filthy penguin  

Message 5/8             11-May-10  @  11:42 AM   -   RE: effects of music on health being studied in italy

sitar

nutoniom wrote:

Ha! We have best Habs in block period !| Take that you
filthy penguin  

the great sitar player Nishat Khan took me to get the "best kebabs in london". of course it was kind of
tongue in cheek but they were good for sure.

Message 6/8             11-May-10  @  01:53 PM   -   RE: effects of music on health being studied in italy

NastyM

Link?:  No link

Surely KayBab (Donner) quality is dependant upon only one factor

Alchohol / blood ratio

It must be noted that were as a curry has a ceiling limiter (ie beyond say the gallon it is increasingly less likely the subject will be able to consume a curry,) the humble KayBab (Donner) has no such limiter, and most individuals will be able to smear a chilli soaked pitta around their face with little or no incident.

However it should be noted that the KayBab does have a downside, this being time relative.
It is practically impossible to consume a Kaybab before 20.00Hrs - partially due to the following factor. KayBab Shops do not generally open untill later in the evening when the sober owners have a fighting chance of defeating any prospective inhebriated purchaser and secondly Donner meat tends to stiffen up (relinquishing all water content) when exposed to sunlight thus making it impossible to digest during daylight hours.

Message 7/8             11-May-10  @  08:03 PM     Edit: 11-May-10  |  08:18 PM   -   RE: effects of music on health being studied in italy

sitar

have you guys seen this. 185 singers from 12 countries solo'd their parts in front of their
personal webcams to the video of the conductor conducting the piece he wrote which is
hauntingly beautiful. all the singer vids were then put together in a composite video and uploaded
to youtube.

link

in another note last night i watched a program called "How the Universe is Created". I haven't
read up on astrophysics for about two decades and found this to be fascinating. The images on
the show taken by hubble and other telescopes are breathtaking but what i found to be the most
fascinating is that at the center of many galaxies including our own is a black hole. it's not so
much that when i was studying astrophysics the very existence of black holes was still in
question. what i found so fascinating is now i finally know where my socks go missing to after i
throw them in the dryer.

"How the Universe is Created" is posted on youtube in 5 parts. just search "How the Universe is
Created part 1/5" and so on. I think the 5 make up a total of about 45 minutes, probably 42
minutes since that would fit right into the 7161 thread on the forum.

Message 8/8             12-May-10  @  01:43 AM   -   RE: effects of music on health being studied in italy

NastyM

Link?:  No link

45 is probably right with the original 42 + 303 less 300 the constant black hole variable as determined by Carl Sagan 1974 (1+9=10 7+4=11 10+11=3 numberwang) Carl Web Mitchell pure genius!

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)