aaa questions about a euro publication - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: questions about a euro publication

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             29-May-10  @  01:15 PM     Edit: 29-May-10  |  01:16 PM   -   questions about a euro publication

sitar

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

i'm trying to find out if "The European Union Times" is considered to be a trusted online source
publication or a crock. the reasons i'm asking is 1) i came across an article posted there about
the probability of toxic rain as a terrible side effect of the gulf oil spill but every other google hit on
the top only leads to blogs that have copied that article and 2) when i did a little research on the
publication i found something that said it's run by the wife of a skinhead libertarian lol.

here's the article which states things which might not be outside the realm of possibility.
acquaintances of mine have mentioned toxic rain as a possibility but now i'm wondering if
everyone is reading the same story lol. nevertheless this spill is a catastrophe that's only begun
to do its damage.

america/>Toxic rain

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             08-Jul-10  @  06:15 AM   -   RE: questions about a euro publication

Musineer Productions

Sorry Sitar, I missed this.

It's just a wee, tad, bit to the right, and although a lot of work has clearly gone into it I'd class it as a 'dubious' source. You're right to seek a second or third independent source -- the Russian connection in the article should be possible to track.

I think you can go back to worrying about the fish; the rain will be as poisonous as ever

Message 3/4             08-Jul-10  @  10:32 AM   -   RE: questions about a euro publication

k

it's the yanks getting their paws on BP... same as when they grabbed the iranian oil - i'm starting to wonder myself, cos i mean what twat would design a pipe without regular shutdown valves - you couldnt do maintainance without stop valves along it's length could you - seems odd to me

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/4             08-Jul-10  @  01:33 PM   -   RE: questions about a euro publication

sitar

it's unbelievably ridiculous. so many people are so against regulation of any kind here because of
which we had the economic collapse and now this oil spill disaster. we're just beginning to see the
effects of it. many other countries have more stringent safety regulations.

no problem Musineer. not everybody takes the word "Lounge" literally like me. i have my own couch
here. i'm here so often i decided to make my monitor settings darker and less contrasty. :P

i've found no independent confirmation of the article's validity. i've heard people on cable news talk
about the possibility of toxic rain though. everyone is probably reading the same article lol. i seriously
believe toxic rain is a possibility but i can't i know it is.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)