aaa Why oh Why? - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Why oh Why?

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             30-May-10  @  04:08 AM   -   Why oh Why?

NastyM

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I’ve spent hours, nay maybe days, trying my best to produce music but for what purpose.
I’m sat at home with the potential to produce planning and building regulation drawings,
I’ve even got a couple on the books I need to complete. But for some bizarre reason I chose to spend my time tinkering with sounds.
Why?
The drawings guarantee a steady income and the music will never achieve anything more than the odd compliment.
Yet I still insist on spending my time tinkering – AM I INSANE?
The only conclusion I can draw is that I love making my music – I only wish I had opted to do this for a profession one way or another – I would never have made any money at it, but by the fuck you can bet your ass on it I’d have been happier than a pig in muck!
Parents always insist you shouldn’t waste your time pursuing idle dreams – A friend of mine studied architecture, became a fireman, and chased numerous other jobs before his father (a lecturer in fine art) finally admitted his son was a talented artist.
He now teaches fine art himself and sells off most of his work for obscene amounts of money.
I have two children and no matter what I think would be best for them I will insist they follow their dreams – at least this way they will never have regrets.
I only started tinkering two year ago.
At 42 I can only imagine the chances I may have had.
In the words of Tim Hardin “Hang on to your dream”
In the words of Sinatra “Regrets I’ve had a few”
In the words of NastyM “Do the Do , Everyone else can go screw”

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             30-May-10  @  11:49 AM   -   RE: Why oh Why?

sitar

Link?: Link

I'm a total believer in following one's dreams. We have dreams for a reason even if the initial dreams
lead us to something we hadn't imagined. It's always better to make my own mistakes than to make
someone else's I always say, and it's better to regret my own choices than someone else's.

Music and sound feed the soul or at the very least stimulates a part of the brain that otherwise sits
around bored, at least that's what I believe. Thus the hunger.

Message 3/7             31-May-10  @  03:53 AM     Edit: 31-May-10  |  03:55 AM   -   RE: Why oh Why?

NastyM

Regrets ..... Check the link !!!

Message 4/7             31-May-10  @  12:30 PM   -   RE: Why oh Why?

sitar

Link?

Message 5/7             01-Jun-10  @  05:29 PM   -   RE: Why oh Why?

Maarten

Under his avatar, go Orbital!  

Message 6/7             01-Jun-10  @  05:43 PM     Edit: 01-Jun-10  |  06:15 PM   -   RE: Why oh Why?

Maarten

Hold on, back up.. I thought Orbital stopped playing gigs a few years back... they have dates announced though, hmmm- drive to Belgium soon then!

Message 7/7             01-Jun-10  @  07:16 PM   -   RE: Why oh Why?

sitar

i see the link now. "butthole surfers"...i've heard of them. not exactly the name i would have used for
a band but hey.

i love the new webpage for Orbital. says it all lol

wow they have a new single and concert dates like you said Maarten. awesome.

Orbital

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)