aaa cartoons - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: cartoons

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             01-Jun-10  @  07:29 PM   -   cartoons

sitar

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

it frightens me to see some of the cartoons i loved to watch IN BLACK AND WHITE when I was
a kid

Crusader Rabbit: i used to wake up at 6AM on sunday saturday mornings to watch that cartoon.

Colonel Bleep: what did i ever see in this?

there were some one off type cartoons that showed on a cartoon channel which were actually
pretty good. and of course Bugs Bunny is still The King.

Colonel Beep

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             01-Jun-10  @  10:59 PM   -   RE: cartoons

Maarten

Damn, total recorder just died on me.. some serious sampling to be done there!

This one is from after my cartoon days, they showed this here on Sunday mornings when we came back home from whatever dodgy festivities.. imagine the mindfuck:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWvCF4PmLG4&feature=related

This shit still scares me, the stuff they feed kids nowadays eh?

Message 3/10             02-Jun-10  @  10:21 AM   -   RE: cartoons

k

they have wrecked saturday morning cartoons here in UK - there aint any now.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/10             02-Jun-10  @  07:27 PM   -   RE: cartoons

sitar

Maarten, that shit scares me too lol.

k, i don't see much in the way of cartoons on cable in the states either although i watched the mickey
mouse club with my girlfriend and her 2 boys a couple of weekdays. "oh tootles! oh tooooootles!"

Message 5/10             04-Jun-10  @  03:49 PM   -   RE: cartoons

k

it's political correctness probably - cartoons should be full of old fashioned slapstick violence and lunacy

actualy in the uk i think it was partly the ban on advertising for kids junk food - no sponsors = no kids tv - all kids tv pretty much dissapeared after the ban

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/10             04-Jun-10  @  04:32 PM   -   RE: cartoons

sitar

That's a shame if it's true that cartoons were removed for lack of sponsorship. Don't you just love
capitalism?

I don't know if it's still the same in Germany but it used to be that there was no commercial
interruption during shows and movies. Instead there were 1/2 hour slots programmed for
commercials. What cracked me up was I knew people who actually watched the commercials, quite
the opposite of me who surfs channels or grabs something from the kitchen when a commercial
comes on.

Message 7/10             05-Jun-10  @  01:55 AM   -   RE: cartoons

NastyM

Link?:  No link

Maybe youre just watching the wrong channels
kids cartoons are alive and well on CITV, CBBC, and CBeebies + Nicolodian etc.... however the adult content has been removed and is reserved for adult cartoons ( for the 60 & 70s generation) the likes orf southpark, family guy, the simpsons, kingof the hill etc.
Kids still get loads o cartoons you just aint privy to there specially reserved channels nor should you be.
complimentary emoticon

Message 8/10             05-Jun-10  @  05:44 PM   -   RE: cartoons

k

what on saturday morning? no way mate, there's fuck-all on saturday morning.

what happened to batman (the dark version) and mummies and shit like that? All gone. the great friday night clubbing comedown has dissapeared like everything else.

bbc1 - all morning - "breakfast" - the bbc's lame excuse for news which is basicaly a show obviously run by those ghastly cunt middle-aged 'media women', accompanied by a motley assortment of pussywhipped dopey male presenters like Bill Turnbull, who pretend to be excited by the latest 'news' about womens breasts or vaginas or tampons.

itv - f*ck all worth a w*nk - kids shows, so hopelessly crap that even kids are embarrassed to be seen watching them

ch4 - sport (yawn)

bbc2 does a brave attempt with a few offerings and basil brush, but it's 'pc' stuff for little kids rubbish

it's not like the old days of proper cartoons.

Message 9/10             06-Jun-10  @  12:12 PM   -   RE: cartoons

NastyM

Link?:  No link

you sure is angry about cartoons!

Message 10/10             06-Jun-10  @  12:32 PM   -   RE: cartoons

sitar

k wrote:

who pretend to be excited by the latest news about womens
breasts or vaginas

there's news? i need to jump back into the dating cycle and find out what's new with female body
parts? i didn't think i'd been away for that long.

oh yeah. we need our cartoons. cartoons are like wisdom. they're wasted on the young.

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)