aaa footie corner - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: footie corner

Viewing all 82 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 9

Original Message 1/82             02-Jun-10  @  07:41 PM     Edit: 02-Jun-10  |  07:42 PM   -   footie corner

sitar

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

ha!

it's a sad day in hell when an american is the first to put up the footie corner in anticipation of the
world cup.

germany has a hurdle right off with the loss of Michael Ballack. that seems to be the
common thinking. i think they'll do well though. i was happy to see there are 5 players from
Bayern München on the team.

i had a dream last night that my dad asked me who was going to win the world cup and i told
him italy. don't bet on it though. 2 weeks ago i had a dream milla jovovich seduced me and we
had unbridled sex. i'm still waiting. she probably wrote my address down wrong so don't be
surprised if the italian team doesn't find the stadium.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/82             05-Jun-10  @  05:55 PM   -   RE: footie corner

k

our group (Group C) - first game is USA V ENGLAND... lol, that'll be fun...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/82             05-Jun-10  @  08:44 PM     Edit: 05-Jun-10  |  08:52 PM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

k wrote:

our group (Group C) - first game is USA V ENGLAND... lol,
thatll be fun...

which language will be used by the refs? i hope both teams have their best translators on hand.

Message 4/82             08-Jun-10  @  10:57 AM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

woke up this morning to this news:

Harsh odor disrupts team at World Cup. New Zealand called off its first day of practice shortly
after starting.

team usa was practicing nearby?

Message 5/82             10-Jun-10  @  05:59 PM   -   RE: footie corner

nutoniom

Blimey ! You blokes haven't won since 1966 ! Here in Montreal we're always whining about how bloody long we haven't won yhe Stanley Cup (17 years now).

I'll be cheering for your team then.

Message 6/82             10-Jun-10  @  07:08 PM   -   RE: footie corner

k

whos the dominant team now then? it was the Bruins when i lived there, back when they had Bobby Orr

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/82             10-Jun-10  @  09:53 PM   -   RE: footie corner

nutoniom

You lived in north america ?

no dominant team anymore, it's pretty much parity because of (actually thanks to) the salarial ceiling . The last team to win the Cup two years in a row was Detroit. Last years champions, thr Penguins , were taken out by us in second round this year. I doubt the Blackhawks will win next year: it'll be us

Where did you live back then, Boston ? (assuming...)

Message 8/82             10-Jun-10  @  10:33 PM     Edit: 10-Jun-10  |  10:36 PM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

it's my understanding that in an attempt to make the game more understandable, in the first
game of the world cup between the u.s. and mexico referees will not be calling players for
offsides. instead players will be called for border crossing.

Message 9/82             10-Jun-10  @  11:40 PM   -   RE: footie corner

nutoniom

Sitar, if we could figure a way to turn your jokes into power, you'd be an endless source of clean energy and could single handedly put an end to climate change

Message 10/82             11-Jun-10  @  11:14 AM   -   RE: footie corner

k

nutoniom wrote:

You lived in north america ?

no dominant team anymore, its pretty much parity because of (actually thanks to) the salarial ceiling . The last team to win the Cup two years in a row was Detroit. Last years champions, thr Penguins , were taken out by us in second round this year. I doubt the Blackhawks will win next year: itll be us

Where did you live back then, Boston ? (assuming...)

calgary.. didnt have a good hockey team, but the football team was ok.

Message 11/82             11-Jun-10  @  02:12 PM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

nutoniom wrote:

Sitar, if we could figure a way to turn your jokes into power,
youd be an endless source of clean energy and could single handedly put an end to climate change

believe me, there'd be plenty of power outages. emergency crews would be called out and told
"quick! get to the punchline!"

in terms of electricity i do try to keep my jokes "current".

i wish my jokes were used as a source of energy. i'd finally be on cable.

in most cases there'd only be a need to lay one power cable per metro area. my jokes are usually
one-liners.

power grids would be replaced by power grins.

natural gas would be called laughing gas.

lastly, there'd certainly be plenty of wind to go around.

Message 12/82             11-Jun-10  @  06:00 PM   -   RE: footie corner

nutoniom

k wrote:
calgary.. didnt have a good hockey team, but the football team was ok.

ya, Calgary had a brief stint in 86-89, In 86 they lost the final against us and then got their revenge in 89 against us again.

Anyway, back on topic, hope we get to participate in this world cup thing one day, we really feel left out of the paty when it comes to footie in Canada.

Message 13/82             11-Jun-10  @  06:35 PM   -   RE: footie corner

nutoniom

Sitar, your nuts man, keep at it

Message 14/82             11-Jun-10  @  08:38 PM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

Nutoniom, i'll do my best.

well I watched the first game of the world cup and i'm watching france v uruguay now. so far i can
say group A teams suck in the first half. lol

i have a serious question. i'm watching the games in the states on espn. throughout both games so
far there is a most annoying, rather loud background sound that is continuous, i mean non-stop,
throughout both games. it sounds like there is a bee hive very near the announcers. it also sounds
like a bunch of trumpets playing 1 note somewhere in the crowd. is this some sort of satellite
interference? is anyone else hearing this same noise?

Message 15/82             12-Jun-10  @  12:50 PM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

ok new day, korea and greece are playing, same background noise (see my previous post). it also
sounds like those long horns played by buddhist monks except at a higher pitch. anyone else hear
this?

Message 16/82             12-Jun-10  @  07:11 PM     Edit: 12-Jun-10  |  07:20 PM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

holy crap! i just found out what that noise is. fairly long plastic yellow horns sold for $10 a piece
at the stadium. it's the spectators blowing these things all game long. how annoying is that? one
of the commentators just showed the thing and said "that's the sound you're hearing behind the
announcers all game." listening to that until july 11th. wonderful.

glad i was able to clear all that up for you blokes

Message 17/82             12-Jun-10  @  07:38 PM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

TOOOOOORRRRRR!!!

if i was in the stands i would have bought one of those horns, hooked it up to a gasoline powered air
pump, leaned the horn against my seat, relaxed and enjoyed the game.

Message 18/82             12-Jun-10  @  09:01 PM   -   RE: footie corner

pict

Link?:  No link

Vuvuzela is the name of the horn.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vuvuzela

I have no telly so I am spared from the madness.

Message 19/82             12-Jun-10  @  09:36 PM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

thanks pict. from the wiki link

"Vuvuzelas have been controversial.[2] They have been associated with permanent noise-induced
hearing loss[3], cited as a possible safety risk when spectators can't hear evacuation
announcements[4], and potentially spread colds and flu germs on a greater scale than coughing or
shouting[5][6]. Commentators have described the sound as "annoying" and compared it with "a
stampede of noisy elephants,"[7] "a deafening swarm of locusts,"[8] "a goat on the way to
slaughter"[9] and "a giant hive full of very angry bees."

i nailed the last description. thing is i didn't see one spectator blowing on one. i wonder if the stadium
throws on a "best of vuvuzelas" cd and pipes it through the sound system.

what a way to give away a win. that goal was simply horrible.

Message 20/82             12-Jun-10  @  10:11 PM   -   RE: footie corner

Bedwyr

hehe, just for the record and not that i'm gloating or anything, here's the score:

england 1-1 usa

Message 21/82             13-Jun-10  @  04:14 AM   -   RE: footie corner

nutoniom

I understand this is a thight game then : )

go on, make fun of it ;p

Message 22/82             13-Jun-10  @  04:43 AM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

you're gloating beds. everyone knows it.

on a related subject, we're having an electrical storm here. i'm calling it an electrical storm because
in the states we don't call then electrical storms. we we refer to them as thunder and lightning. "we're
having thunder and lightning here. "ever wonder why it's called thunder and lightning when in reality
you SEE the lightning first then you HEAR the thunder? you would think it should be called lightning
and thunder but no. we say it's thunder and lightning like those annoying people who tell you how the
movie ends.

then there are the people who just call them thunder storms.

"look! a thunder storm!"

my answer to those people is "yeah i know. i've already seen the lightning. the thunder is not far
behind. tell me something i don't know."

this is why people who speak english as a second language call them electrical storms. it's easier
than remembering to say thunder before lightning. i'm glad english is my native tongue. i can say
things that don't make sense without having to think about them. they flow effortlessly.

i should be a sportscaster. this is the type of thing i'd be talking about while the world cup was going
on down there on the field.

Message 23/82             13-Jun-10  @  11:04 AM   -   RE: footie corner

k

well you guys got lucky... or we got unlucky. it was a real facepalm moment

Message 24/82             13-Jun-10  @  02:13 PM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

i think goalkeepers should be allowed to put the ball into their own goal once. only every second time
they do it in a game would it count as a goal for the opposing team, like a double service fault in
tennis.

Message 25/82             13-Jun-10  @  09:16 PM     Edit: 13-Jun-10  |  09:22 PM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

is it Australia or did Germany look pretty awesome? the passing was excellent the entire game.

Message 26/82             14-Jun-10  @  08:13 PM   -   RE: footie corner

k

nah it's australia; they are pants. they should stick to bar work

Message 27/82             15-Jun-10  @  11:43 PM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

i hope aussie pub patrons can handle shots better than their football team. somehow i doubt it
though.

i've never had any desire to visit a country whose male population is larger than its female
population.

Message 28/82             16-Jun-10  @  03:05 AM   -   RE: footie corner

NastyM

Ji Yun Nam ... not a name that rolls off the tongue but what a goal - credit where its due!

... and before you start i know the Brazil goals were superior but little Korea against mighty Brazil?
(David and Goliath etc..) ...Cesar rated as the best keeper.

I celebrated this evening for Korea - the kids wern't too happy as unfortunately I ate the dog!

1 cat down and 1 dog consumed.......

...........stop you're moaning i ain't even got a dog!

and for all you know i might not have kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 29/82             16-Jun-10  @  10:14 AM   -   RE: footie corner

damballah

this just in: Soccer announces that it's gay

NTTAWWT, of course

Message 30/82             16-Jun-10  @  12:49 PM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

LOL Damballah. the thing i love about soccer is i can turn the game on, go grocery shopping and
pick up my dry cleaning in full confidence that by the time i get home still nobody will have scored.

Nasty i'm just glad you didn't eat the kids.

Message 31/82             16-Jun-10  @  02:37 PM   -   RE: footie corner

damballah

...still nobody will have scored.

nobody... as in "kill all humans" nobody? he plays footie?

Message 32/82             16-Jun-10  @  04:12 PM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

damballah wrote:

...still nobody will have scored.

nobody... as in kill all humans nobody? he plays footie?

src=images/cool.gif>

LOL. that wouldn't surprise me.

wow. the goal switzerland just scored against spain actually looked a bit like american football.
bodies on the ground and someone's head bleeding. we finally have a game!

Message 33/82             17-Jun-10  @  09:00 AM   -   RE: footie corner

Jock Munro

Well so far it hasnt exactly been an entertaining world cup. Theres only been two occasions for me, Germany thrashing the Aussies and last nights Uruguay v South Africa match. It was pure bliss to hear those fucking vuvuzelas being silenced as their keeper got sent off and Uruguay went 2-0 up.

Message 34/82             17-Jun-10  @  04:09 PM     Edit: 17-Jun-10  |  08:30 PM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

Jock Munro wrote:

Well so far it hasnt exactly been an entertaining
world cup. Theres only been two occasions for me, Germany thrashing the Aussies and last
nights Uruguay v South Africa match. It was pure bliss to hear those fucking vuvuzelas being
silenced as their keeper got sent off and Uruguay went 2-0 up.

i have to say I enjoyed watching Switzerland beat Spain. these vuvuzelas are the most annoying
things. all game long, every game. yesterday i walked past a hornets nest and a world cup
game broke out.

i'm enjoying the world cup so much i'm going to recommend that there be 11 players per team
in hockey games.

Message 35/82             17-Jun-10  @  08:54 PM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

damn that striker for mexico in this mexico vs. france game was definitely offsides before the pass
came and he scored.

Message 36/82             19-Jun-10  @  08:46 PM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

i can understand that coming up with things to say during the entire course of a game has got to
be a challenge for announcers. still, i'm watching Cameroon vs. Denmark. at about 27 minutes into
the game with Cameroon leading 1-0 was it really necessary for one of the announcers to say,
"that's the beautiful thing about this game. it's not over until the final whistle is blown." i guess that
statement could be taken as taking a jab at golf and tennis since whistles aren't used in golf and
tennis but it probably wasn't. pretty much no game is over until the final whistle is blown and when
it was 1-0 there was almost the entire game yet to be played. had it been 20-1 i could see the
announcer making his statement in an attempt to keep people tuned in.

there was a thread a year or two ago about the dumb things sport announcers, coaches, and
players say but i couldn't find it.

"what's your strategy going to be today?"

"if we're going to win this game we have to put some points on the board and keep them from
putting points on the board. if we can do that we'll have a pretty good chance of coming away with
a win today."

no wonder a newcomer who heard that question/answer will at some point say, "i don't understand
this game". of course he doesn't. the game's 1/2 over and he's still trying to figure out how a team
that puts points on the board and doesn't allow the other team to put points on the board could
possibly lose. still, we love our sports.

or there's this one. score: 1-1.

announcer 1: "oooooooh the ball went off the post! that was almost a goal! that was a missed
opportunity there."

announcer 2: "you're absolutely right. if that one had gone in we'd be looking at a 2 to 1 game right
now."

it's enough to make me want them to turn the vuvuzelas up.

Message 37/82             20-Jun-10  @  12:32 PM     Edit: 20-Jun-10  |  12:43 PM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

i'd be all for x-treme soccer and here's what it would look like. players are allowed to do anything
seen on the three stooges. for example, pulling out a yellow card might result in the referee
getting a pie in the face, unless he ducks in which case the pie might hit a manager on the
sideline, a stiker, or even a goalkeeper. nobody would be immune and there are almost endless
possibilities.

announcer: "oh! and the slovakian goalkeeper just did a "see this?" "yeah" "look out for that" on
paraguay's striker."

Message 38/82             21-Jun-10  @  01:18 PM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

world cup soccer wisdom of the day

3 college u.s. students invented a soccer ball that generates energy when played with. there is a
magnet that moves about inside the ball as it rolls and other components. it's waterproof and has a
small socket in which you can plug in a d.c. converter. it's called the socket. they plan on getting
these balls to African kids living in impoverished areas for starters. i think that was a brilliant idea.
the ball can power lights and what not.

i think fifa should start using the ball. here's how the announcers would respond:

"you can just feel the electricity on the field"

"mueller has the ball and he's bolting for the goal"

"as with any match, we've seen both positives and negatives here today"

"if you're new to the game you might be wondering why the ball is still sitting in the back of the goal.
it's known as charging the net"

"there are currently two balls on the field" "yup. they're playing with a lot of energy today"

"as we get a closeup up of the ball you see that logo there." "yes. it's a nice plug for Adidas
wouldn't you say?"

"and don't forget to go to our website at the end of the match and volt for the player of the game"

"the american is expected to feel at home and play well here. he normally plays for his nation's
capital, D.C. united"

"didn't that score looked effortless?" "yeah he sure made it look A.C."

"well, shock another win up for the brazilian team"

"under 5 minutes left in the game. it's coming right down to the wire!"

Message 39/82             23-Jun-10  @  01:38 PM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

The U.S. fans and players have been whining about the call that negated what would have been the
3rd goal against Slovakia. I didn't hear them complaining when Green scored their only goal for them
against England.

Message 40/82             24-Jun-10  @  10:23 AM   -   RE: footie corner

k

well the usa are thru arent they? so no complaining

hehe england v germany for us.... you just know the redtops will have endless pictures of towels, sunbeds and spitfires, lol

Message 41/82             24-Jun-10  @  04:46 PM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

hehe.

yeah the usa has ghana next. i can't believe england and france are out and possibly italy if they don't
score. bizarre sort of cup so far.

Message 42/82             25-Jun-10  @  10:15 AM   -   RE: footie corner

NastyM

Italy out yes!

England out NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Garlic munching, cheese eating, wine swilling surrender monkeys may have gone home (economy class), but the overated English team is still hanging in there.

Our dissapointment is yet to come, so let us have our fleeting moment of uncertainty before the mighty Bosch dissassemble the remains of English pride.

So long cruel world .................................. I'm sticking with the cycling it doesnt hurt half as much.

Message 43/82             25-Jun-10  @  12:26 PM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

NastyM wrote:

Italy out yes!

England out
NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Garlic munching, cheese eating, wine
swilling surrender monkeys may have gone home (economy class), but the overated English team is
still hanging in there.

Our dissapointment is yet to come, so let us have our fleeting moment
of uncertainty before the mighty Bosch dissassemble the remains of English pride.

So long
cruel world .................................. Im sticking with the cycling it doesnt hurt half as much. src=images/jump1.gif>

oh good. i thought England was out like a week ago lol. it's what the stupid ESPN announcers kept
saying. there's hope for this cup yet. if the USA was to go all the way and win the cup we'd never
hear the end of it....i'm talking 25 years from now. it's why i hope they're stopped either by Ghana or
someone else soon. Germany...i hope they wake up.

Message 44/82             25-Jun-10  @  01:54 PM   -   RE: footie corner

NastyM

Germany never sleep they just appear dormant.

The US have put in a quality performances but i must admit i'm a little confused why youre lads are all running around with cheer-leaders sashes on?

(i've just been collared by a colleague questioning what website i'm looking at ..... I pointed out that i'm at footie corner the site for people who dont have sufficient interest (or knowledge) in football to be allowed on proper sports sites.)

Anyhow lunch has finished ...."back on your heads lads"

Message 45/82             25-Jun-10  @  07:15 PM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

NastyM wrote:

Germany never sleep they just appear
dormant.

The US have put in a quality performances but i must admit im a little confused
why youre lads are all running around with cheer-leaders sashes on?

(ive just been collared
by a colleague questioning what website im looking at ..... I pointed out that im at footie corner the
site for people who dont have sufficient interest (or knowledge) in football to be allowed on proper
sports sites.)

Anyhow lunch has finished ....back on your heads lads

i don't know why they're running around like that either. i guess i'm what you might call an anti-
nationalist. if i lived in the Kingdom of Enenkio i'd probably be rooting against team KoE.

you might have pointed out to your colleague it's also a site for people who write dance tracks
nobody can dance to and then said, "look. i'm responding to one of them now". i responded to your
message of september 2009 btw lol. i hope you got it. i forgot we can send emails and never noticed
the 1 next to an envelope on the top of the page.

Message 46/82             26-Jun-10  @  01:59 AM   -   RE: footie corner

NastyM

Hey Sitar
got your mail ........sorry for not responding was drunk when i wrote it, sober when i read it...and a little tipsy in this response.
You seem like a great bloke (a lost Brit) we also have no national convinction beyond the occasional miss guided belief in sports we invented but consistently underachieve at.
But as a rule we are kings of self deprication.
A long while ago we apperently ruled half the known world but either lost it or gave it back (hopefully gave it back) we invented concentration camps in South Africa, killed Jews in York, Hid potatoes from the Irish (the alledged Tatty Famine .....to be honest i'm convinced the Irish forgot where they had buried the fuckers.),flooded the US coastline with oil, created a civilized colony of convicts now known as Australia,(and far wealthier for it.) etc. etc.
But these things aside we also discovered the geo stationary orbit (A Clarke) and invented sarcasm!
All things said and done and all things done that i have said ..... we ain't that bad but we ain't that good..... and football is no exception.
Blah Blah Blah forgot where this was going / rambling ...... main problem is i can't type as fast as i think but then again i can't think as fast as i drink .......
,,,,,, HEY hO AND GOOD NIGHT!
yours as ever with love etc,e etc .etc MArtyn

Message 47/82             26-Jun-10  @  09:49 AM   -   RE: footie corner

k

i'm gonna watch the match England Germany match in the Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeerman pub down at vauxhall, they got like every german beer including erdinger

slllllllllllluuuuuuuuuuuurp!

great pub. all german staff and grub, monster screen tv & a back garden for smokies

http://zeitgeist-london.com/

Message 48/82             26-Jun-10  @  09:14 PM   -   RE: footie corner

marklutnes

this is sitar. bought me a new puter with Windows 7. although i think i know my username and
password it apparently wasn't right so i created this account.

Martyn, glad you got my email. don't worry, it took me the better part of the a year to respond to yours
:P love your list of British accomplishments! i think i'd fit in nicely in the
U.K. i wish i could claim political asylum or something. maybe i can tell the British consolate my
great great great great great great grandfather was taken prisoner by the American revolutionaries
and my family's been trying to escape ever since?

K, i love erdinger weissbier. you should try schneider weissbier if they have it too. augustiner is a
nice helles bier. paulaner is another i remember atm. have fun!

Message 49/82             27-Jun-10  @  03:41 AM   -   RE: footie corner

marklutnes

just checking to see if my username changes. this is still sitar

Message 50/82             27-Jun-10  @  03:58 PM   -   RE: footie corner

k

no no i dont liek the white beer, i like the erdinger crystal clear

omg that goal was SO OVER THE LINE!!

fucking fifa

Message 51/82             28-Jun-10  @  09:42 AM   -   RE: footie corner

NastyM

Fucking wank over-rated, over-paid England squad!
The only thing greater than my dissapointment is thier collective ego, nay individual egos.

Message 52/82             28-Jun-10  @  05:39 PM   -   RE: footie corner

k

oh it was just pitiful... and that rooney, absolutely bloody useless! - in fact i started counting his touches at one point in 1st half, and after a good 20 minutes had passed he'd touched the ball 3 times, each one ending in a direct pass straight to the opposing defense

Message 53/82             28-Jun-10  @  07:45 PM   -   RE: footie corner

marklutnes

I am a fan of the German team but I have to say I wouldn't have been disappointed had England won.

K, is it possible for you to delete this account so i can create a new one. i would preferably like to get
my old sitar account back but I'm not sure i left it with my most recent email account and in any case
this account now has that addy in the system.

Message 54/82             29-Jun-10  @  11:00 AM   -   RE: footie corner

k

i added your email for this account to the old one - so they both have the same email. did u lose your login details or something?

Message 55/82             29-Jun-10  @  12:06 PM   -   RE: footie corner

marklutnes

thanks k! i must've lost my pw. i think i had forgotten it after not having popped in for a while. i was
sent an auto generated pw and forgot to change it.

Message 56/82             29-Jun-10  @  07:48 PM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

Thanks again K! All is once again good in the world....if I don't look out the window or turn the tv on
anyway.

Message 57/82             30-Jun-10  @  04:38 PM   -   RE: footie corner

k

sitar wrote:

Thanks again K! All is once again good in the world....if I dont look out the window or turn the tv on
anyway.

lol, i heardat!!

Message 58/82             01-Jul-10  @  01:25 PM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

Nigeria's president has banned it's national football squad from international competition for two
years due to its performance in the world cup. that sounds harsh but also a tad anti-intuitive. what if
every team that didn't make it to the second round was also banned and those who didn't make it to
the third round were banned for one year and only the winner of the world cup was allowed to play
international matches for 6 months? what about teams that didn't even qualify? ban them from ever
playing again?

Message 59/82             01-Jul-10  @  01:46 PM   -   RE: footie corner

NastyM

To be honest i think weve a lot to learn from the Nigerians - maybe our squad shouldn't necessarily be banned from playing but certainly should have their pay frozen until they can produce a convincing game - possibly a little harsh, but perhaps shoot Green for his abomnible mistake as an example to the rest.

Message 60/82             01-Jul-10  @  05:10 PM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

Green is in the history books making such a big blunder it kept the u.s. in the running. in 40 years his
grandchildren won't believe him until he brings it up on youtube and it will no doubt still be there. i
could be wrong but i don't see soccer really catching on in the u.s. i can't even name a u.s. soccer
team. the nfl is just too big here.

Message 61/82             02-Jul-10  @  01:35 AM   -   RE: footie corner

NastyM

youre probably right (la galaxy all stars? or something similar), however your lads have certainly made an impression on our league.

Message 62/82             02-Jul-10  @  04:15 AM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

yeah. gotta give them credit. i think i've heard the name galaxy all stars. what kind of name is that for
a soccer team though? i think there is a team called "d.c. united". i guess i could get off my butt and
google it but i'm already on my butt so i'm not going to bother. i don't do things that don't take any
effort.

Message 63/82             02-Jul-10  @  10:41 AM   -   RE: footie corner

NastyM

good on you lad, i cant blame you one bit !
(i love the fact you're wired to the world and still dont see fit to make any effort to open another window on you're pc to google - credit where credits due)

Message 64/82             02-Jul-10  @  05:58 PM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

NastyM wrote:

good on you lad, i cant blame you one bit !
(i love the
fact youre wired to the world and still dont see fit to make any effort to open another window on youre
pc to google - credit where credits due)

lazy citizens of the world, don't bother uniting!

Netherlands beat Brazil! Was quite a game, Holland coming from behind against Brazil like that.

Sports have 1/4 finals, semi finals and then finals. What happened to 1/3 finals?

Message 65/82             02-Jul-10  @  10:51 PM   -   RE: footie corner

Musineer Productions

Arse.

Ghana were robbed. Urufraud should be banned, salted, and flogged. Bah!

So cheating in footy is now, without any shadow of a doubt, a viable tactic. Had U.R.Cheats not turned to netball they would have lost. The worst Ghana penalty kicker should have immediately licked he best Urucon penalty taker in the knee. Sure he'd have been sent off but there would have been an advantage to Ghana so he should have done it with pride.

Bah.

Message 66/82             02-Jul-10  @  11:34 PM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

Musineer Productions wrote:

Arse.

Ghana were robbed. Urufraud
should be banned, salted, and flogged. Bah!

So cheating in footy is now, without any
shadow of a doubt, a viable tactic. Had U.R.Cheats not turned to netball they would have lost. The
worst Ghana penalty kicker should have immediately licked he best Urucon penalty taker in the knee.
Sure hed have been sent off but there would have been an advantage to Ghana so he should have
done it with pride.

Bah.

that was horrible. uruguay does not deserve to be there. that was a goal scored except for what's his
face stopping it with his arm and fully intentionally. he gets a red card. so what. uruguay goes onto
the semis. there's something seriously wrong with that. in contrast, in american football if the
defense commits a penalty while the ball is already in play and a touchdown is scored the offense
has the choice to decline the penalty and take the touchdown.

Bah is right.

Message 67/82             03-Jul-10  @  01:46 AM   -   RE: footie corner

NastyM

i find it quite odd that the greater the talent with the ball the same players seem to extend this talent to greater talent off the ball, yet teams which possess less majestic skills on the field seem to possess greater morality ... how the fuck does this all balance .... i would have assumed less able sportsman would have been more inclined to cheat but quite the reverse seems to be the norm.
skill is inversely proportional to integrity in football.
on the flip side im looking forward to seeing the likes of Hoffman and De Niro play football 'cause if thier acting is anything to go by they must obviously be able to score great goals.

Message 68/82             03-Jul-10  @  11:13 AM   -   RE: footie corner

k

actualy sitar i agree, a blatant filthy foul has kept them out, it's yet more farce in the world cup because Ghana won that match 100%, but actualy lost cos of cheating!

FIFA need to get their shit together if they want the world cup to be taken seriously - like the england goal that would've been allowed, IF Fifa used some basic goal-line technology which they refuse to do like idiots - they are crooks anyways, arent they STILL under investigation by Interpol? did it ever get resolved even that whole thing?

It's just total farce, cos the Ghana 'incident' almost sends out a clear signal that it's worth cheating cos if the player blatantly cheats then his team gets an at least 50/50 chance of saving that goal from happening, cos the penalty that follows is at least a 50/50 chance |(if not in fact worse odd's like 60/40 or 70/30 under that kind of pressure)

i think that kind of deliberate handball on the goal-line which stops an obvious goal that '100% would have happened', should result in an allowed goal AND the banning of the player for a whole year from internation competition

Yeah!....damn right!

ffs look at it! i think a firing squad for him in fact!

Message 69/82             03-Jul-10  @  04:59 PM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

"i think that kind of deliberate handball on the goal-line which stops an obvious goal that '100% would
have happened', should result in an allowed goal AND the banning of the player for a whole year from
internation competition"

i agree with you. it was totally ridiculous and to see the uruguay cheater gloating on the sideline after
the penalty kick missed added insult to injury. in fact the uruguay team celebration made them all into
a bunch of cheaters. plus the ghana player who missed the ensuing penalty kick is probably going to
feel the pain of that for the rest of his life and he should not have even been put in that position in the
first place.

and jeez, Germany destroyed Argentina. the 4th goal was like watching a soccer clinic.

NastyM, Hoffman and De Niro are playing football? aren't they getting close to the age that they're
starting to pay attention to motorized wheelchair ads?

Message 70/82             03-Jul-10  @  06:02 PM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

...i'm going to send one of my tracks to the Ghana striker who missed the penalty kick at the end of
extended time with a note...."just when you think life is bad, remember there's always someone
worse off than you."

Message 71/82             06-Jul-10  @  12:20 PM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

Netherlands vs. Cheaters today

Message 72/82             06-Jul-10  @  11:00 PM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

and Netherlands wins! I'm happy.

Message 73/82             07-Jul-10  @  01:49 AM   -   RE: footie corner

NastyM

My lad is hoping Germany take the title - i know this sits uneasy with a lot of Brits, but you got to admire his logic... if the Germans beat everyone else perhaps we aint so shit (very much doubt this to be honest) but for a 7 year old it aint bad reasoning.

To be honest id love Germany to win it gives me a much better chance with the Fantasy Football and a chance to win £60

Message 74/82             07-Jul-10  @  07:26 AM   -   RE: footie corner

nutoniom

NastyM wrote: but for a 7 year old it aint bad reasoning.

cracked me up !

GO nederlands !!! Maaaaaaaarten ! Go!

: )

edit: and luk(e) too ; )

Message 75/82             07-Jul-10  @  01:43 PM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

NastyM wrote:

My lad is hoping Germany take the title - i know this sits
uneasy with a lot of Brits, but you got to admire his logic... if the Germans beat everyone else
perhaps we aint so shit (very much doubt this to be honest) but for a 7 year old it aint bad
reasoning.

To be honest id love Germany to win it gives me a much better chance with the
Fantasy Football and a chance to win £60

LOL! Another demonstration that the reasoning of a 7 year old can be more pure than the reasoning
of us grownups. I'm rooting for Germany too but if the Netherlands won I wouldn't be totally
disappointed.

Message 76/82             07-Jul-10  @  09:19 PM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

bah!

Message 77/82             08-Jul-10  @  04:51 AM   -   RE: footie corner

Musineer Productions

Sitar: Bah!   It does make you feel a bit better doesn't it?

I agree with all the derogatory comments about The Cheaters and thank K for that picture. Is it possible to be more blatant? I'm still a bit cheesed but was warmed by the friendly community here that both ignored my licking / kicking problem and added some outrage of your own.

I suppose I'm for Holland too now, as I lived there once and Spain already have a shiny cup -- and they're orange, which is different.

Message 78/82             10-Jul-10  @  05:07 PM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

Musineer Productions wrote:

Sitar: Bah!   It does
make you feel a bit better doesnt it?

I agree with all the derogatory comments about The
Cheaters and thank K for that picture. Is it possible to be more blatant? Im still a bit cheesed but
was warmed by the friendly community here that both ignored my licking / kicking problem and
added some outrage of your own.

I suppose Im for Holland too now, as I lived there once
and Spain already have a shiny cup -- and theyre orange, which is different.

Unfortunately the picture isn't displayed for me.

There's an octopus who supposedly not having been wrong yet picked Spain but there is a parrot in
Singapore with an equal reputation who picked The Netherlands. I say let those two battle it out and
everyone else can stay home.

The World Cup has been fun and all but what I'm really looking forward to is the International Baton
Competition....The Twirled Cup! :P

Message 79/82             11-Jul-10  @  08:18 PM   -   RE: footie corner

nutoniom

GO ORANJE !!!

Maarten made the big save in the opening moments, lovely : )

Message 80/82             11-Jul-10  @  10:05 PM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

nutoniom wrote:

GO ORANJE !!!

Maarten made the big save in
the opening moments, lovely : )

That was great but in the end....

It's so stupid for players to argue with the ref until they get carded. I think the Netherlands player who
got a red card did just that. Probably lost them the game, at least up until penalty kicks.

The World Cup is over. Now I have to search my synths for a vuvuzela patch.

Message 81/82             13-Jul-10  @  07:46 PM   -   RE: footie corner

nutoniom

I have to admit my very little actual knowledge of the game's rule, but just prior to the goal, wasn't the attacker off sides ?

Message 82/82             17-Jul-10  @  02:01 AM   -   RE: footie corner

sitar

nutoniom wrote:

I have to admit my very little actual knowledge of the
games rule, but just prior to the goal, wasnt the attacker off sides ?

I don't know. I didn't notice that but it's possible. I was half watching the game and half setting things
up on my computer.

Viewing all 82 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 9

There are 82 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)