aaa How pigs feel in Muck ! - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: How pigs feel in Muck !

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             16-Jun-10  @  03:18 AM   -   How pigs feel in Muck !

NastyM

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Im like a kitten in a wool factory full of crippled mice tonight!

Tomorrow my new PC arrives and finally after about 18 month i get to download all my new software on a PC that can deal with more than the odd email and a school photo!

Imagine the frustration of working on a PC with the equivalant of a debilitating disease like MS.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             16-Jun-10  @  12:51 PM   -   RE: How pigs feel in Muck !

sitar

Link?: Link

congrats! let us know how the new operating system is, if it's a PC that is. i've heard nothing bad
about (MS 7 is it?) i haven't bought a new computer in years because they all came with Vista. it's
time for me to get one.

Message 3/8             28-Jun-10  @  01:11 PM   -   RE: How pigs feel in Muck !

NastyM

Link?:  No link

Sitar "time for me to get one"
Well you didn't hang round long at all
shopping is worse than any virus i know.
especially "windows" shopping
In fact there is one virus which appears to cause greater problems ......
.....the "Sitarpun" oh my God i'll have to go and get my coat.

Message 4/8             04-Jul-10  @  11:38 PM   -   RE: How pigs feel in Muck !

sitar

you know those blow up sex dolls they sell in sex shops. the problem is they're not very realistic. i've
come up with an idea that could be more popular than the latest ipod device. blow up dolls that fake
orgasms. how realistic is that?

Message 5/8             09-Jul-10  @  02:16 PM   -   RE: How pigs feel in Muck !

Malcolm Jeffery

well in feb got a new mac pro quad 2.66, filled all the hard drive bays, logic 8 and a load of plugs, damndest thing though iam in the longest writers bloke ive ever had, iam in that lets start a new track every day but never develop it into anything.

Poo Poo
bring back valley of the dinosaurs and that roar was it trumpets.

Random I know

Malk

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S.Thompson -

Message 6/8             09-Jul-10  @  03:23 PM   -   RE: How pigs feel in Muck !

k

aint that the way tho Malk? it always happens like that.

nice mac tho man quad nehalem eee! ! i'm going for a nice DROBO raid for mine next month cos i'm runnin out of drive space due to video files and need secure backups. I tried a couple of usb mybooks, but they are too slow to backup gigabytes of video files so i'll have to bite the bullet and spend on a DROBO

the new mac mini's look very juicy as well... smaller, more ram (8gb max!), and the new ones come with an access cover underneath, so you can open them and upgrade ram with ease (no more putty-knife access!)

also they are 100 quid cheaper than previous model as far as i can see!

you can also get a mini server version with no superdrive and 2 hard drives instead, which comes pre-installed with snow leopard server (and up to 8gb ram)

i think the new mac mini's are the perfect starter machine with logic and the ram maxed out (plus an external f/w drive for audio.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/8             09-Jul-10  @  04:38 PM   -   RE: How pigs feel in Muck !

Malcolm Jeffery

The power in the mac pro quad is amazing, if i load tracks that took all of my g5 cpus thats 2 2ghz ppc ones and made them glow red and at the same time streamed as many audio files as the hard drive could handle, the mac pro runs the lot live like its a word document, can i take advantage of this....? no in fact what am i doing withit, o yes typing this, 4 cores each with a virtual core all @ 2.66ghz lol

Malk

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S.Thompson -

Message 8/8             10-Jul-10  @  01:09 AM   -   RE: How pigs feel in Muck !

k

i've got the older 2.8 xeon, i gotta say tho, get the drives full and raise the temoperature, and boy, does it slow down

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)