aaa al jazeera news... blimey! real actual news!.. - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: al jazeera news... blimey! real actual news!..

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             05-Jul-10  @  06:43 PM   -   al jazeera news... blimey! real actual news!..

k

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

i never tried it before but seriously it makes the bbc look like some chav news shit for thickheads

how weird is that?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             05-Jul-10  @  09:27 PM   -   RE: al jazeera news... blimey! real actual news!..

sitar

to think i look to the BBC for bigger and more rounded doses of international news. src='images/eek.gif'>

what i find astounding...i've not spoken to many people in the state of Connecticut, 20 or 30 maybe.
still, when i've told them i worked at Lehman Brothers none had heard of the firm. some told me they
don't watch the news. fair enough i guess. maybe i expect too much but Lehman Brothers is seen
as the ground zero or at least the waving flag in your face symbol of the financial collapse and
Lehman's bankruptcy filing was the biggest in U.S. history *and* it happened less than 2 years ago.
no wonder elections are won and lost on sound bites.

what's different on Al Jazeera than what you get from BBC news?

Message 3/7             06-Jul-10  @  12:58 AM   -   RE: al jazeera news... blimey! real actual news!..

Test Deejay

it's not so british centered i spose, but it feels more in depth

Message 4/7             06-Jul-10  @  01:21 AM   -   RE: al jazeera news... blimey! real actual news!..

sitar

ah ok.

btw, when i watch BBC i enable captions.

Message 5/7             15-Jul-10  @  01:18 PM   -   RE: al jazeera news... blimey! real actual news!..

Jock

Link?:  Link

Lehman Brothers ? I know them. They make a really nice Australian Chardonnay.

Message 6/7             15-Jul-10  @  06:30 PM   -   RE: al jazeera news... blimey! real actual news!..

sitar

they do. they don't use grapes in the process, contrary to what the label says the alcohol content is
really 0%, and they pay wine connoisseur magazine to say it's a nice Australian Chardonnay.

Message 7/7             16-Jul-10  @  02:44 PM   -   RE: al jazeera news... blimey! real actual news!..

k

ha! i just noticed last night that the BBC iPlayer volume control goes up to ... 11

!!

ha ha ha

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)