aaa Up a hill in a puddle - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Up a hill in a puddle

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             08-Jul-10  @  05:38 AM   -   Up a hill in a puddle

Musineer Productions

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I went up a mountain called Ga Ga or Gui Gui or somesuch (I'm still having trouble with the dialect and there's only so many times you can say 'what?') with a Grenadian bloke, a German lass, and the missus (no Sitar, it's not a joke). It's a mountain covered in all sorts of jungle-like growth including very tall bamboo and a multitude of other green things whose name I don't know.

Where the clouds began is a mountain spring that feeds a pool. The Grenadian had, over the last umpteen years or so, planted all manner of colourful plants and redesigned the pool so that it could be emptied by removing a large plug (seriously, that's a good description). Once empty the pool refilled in minutes. The water was warm and fit to drink, and we sat for three hours slurping rum punch. The rum was absurdly strong and our spirits were soon as effervescent as the water. Sadly, I didn't see a star-fruit-eating monkey but we could hear them. A thing I didn't know was that the cashew fruit (yes, that gives the nut -- I checked, several times, and I'm confident that's what he said) is also tasty. Bliss.

An area lower down the mountain had been cleared of 'weeds', and my balcony is now full of big red flowers (some type of heliconia I think, but big). Some have some interesting bugs too.

There's also now a friendly bar on the island where locals can get into FruityLoops and Rebirth -- so I'm hoping they'll be a few tunes posted here by Christmas.

Does anyone else feel that steel drums and trumpets fulfil a similar role in the bass-to-treble placement of sound? I'm hearing steel pans and thinking trumpets.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             08-Jul-10  @  10:28 AM   -   RE: Up a hill in a puddle

k

yeah, and telecasters also have that same tone as brass/steel i find

have you tried the Clarkes Court rum? (made by the grenada sugar company)? jesus you could run a dragster on that shit! 138 proof!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/3             08-Jul-10  @  01:48 PM   -   RE: Up a hill in a puddle

sitar

it must be awesome walking around there and being by that pool.

get out your smapler out and create a kick steel drum. "gong-gong-gong-gong-gong-gong-gong-
gahgahgah gong-gong-gong-gong-gong-gong-gong-gahgahgah gong....headaches would surely
abound.

Call yourself lady gong gong.

a Grenadian bloke, a German lass, and the missus walk into a bar. leaning over to a group of
regulars the bartender says, "this has got to be a joke". so the Grenadian bloke says to the bartender
"i'll have a pint". the German lass says, "i'll have a pint". the missus says, "i'll have a pint too but i ain't
fuckin payin"......

hopefully you've heard the joke. i heard it years ago at dt.

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)