aaa sitar - another one-liner guy for ya, lol - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: sitar - another one-liner guy for ya, lol

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             29-Aug-10  @  10:01 AM     Edit: 29-Aug-10  |  10:03 AM   -   RE: sitar - another one-liner guy for ya, lol

k

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

some of his gags are superb

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             30-Aug-10  @  11:41 AM   -   RE: sitar - another one-liner guy for ya, lol

sitar

Glad I popped in! I'll watch it a bit later in the day K. Been busy honing my Photoshop/Illustrator skillz over the last few weeks and I have to get cracking this morning. Usually I'm hard at work by 5:30AM and it's already 6:40! 

Message 3/7             30-Aug-10  @  09:50 PM   -   RE: sitar - another one-liner guy for ya, lol

sitar

That was hilarious. Thanks K. 

Message 4/7             07-Sep-10  @  01:26 PM   -   RE: sitar - another one-liner guy for ya, lol

k

this guys song is pretty funny

same song slightly different version

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/7             08-Sep-10  @  02:04 PM   -   RE: sitar - another one-liner guy for ya, lol

sitar

Very funny!  I liked the first one more but both are funny. The public service announcement that covers everything lol. 

I'm watching a documentary called "Legends of the Canyon" about the influence of the Laurel Canyon community on the U.S. west coast 60s folk rock music scene. It's interesting. Imagine living in a small community and having neighbors like Joni Mitchell, Van Morrison, David Crosby, Stephen Stills, Mama Cass, Frank Zappa, Steven Spielberg, and on and on. Personally I love Joni Mitchell. Her songs always moved me in some inexplicable way. It was interesting to listen to David Crosby and others say about her that she was by far the best songwriter and at a totally different level from everyone else, so much so that it was intimidating to be around her. David Crosby (of Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young) told about going to Joni's house to show her a song their band had spent the week writing. Joni answered, "That's nice. Here are three I wrote this morning" and then played 3 songs so brilliant as to basically leave him with his jaw open and probably feeling like his song was utter shite. People speaking in the documentary said everyone hoped for her approval of their songs. That's how much her craft and artistry was respected there.  

Anyway if you ever get the chance and have the inclination, it's interesting even if only from a historical point of view on how the whole folk rock thing came to life.  

Message 6/7             09-Sep-10  @  12:28 PM   -   RE: sitar - another one-liner guy for ya, lol

k

i dunno she's a got a few good ones, but for me she always overdoes the sustained vibrato. My fav' is coffee and conversation. It's her use of alt' tuning that appeals to me the most.

Message 7/7             09-Sep-10  @  08:34 PM   -   RE: sitar - another one-liner guy for ya, lol

sitar

you just can't settle for anything that was messed with in a studio can you. lol. i love the song Don Juan's Reckless Daughter. 

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)