aaa Giant hay bale kills former ELO cellist (what?!) - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Giant hay bale kills former ELO cellist (what?!)

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             08-Sep-10  @  10:30 PM   -   RE: Giant hay bale kills former ELO cellist (what?!)

k

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

blimey what a way to go!

(Reuters) - A giant bale of hay has killed a founding member of the Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) band after it tumbled down a hill and crashed into his van.

Cellist Mike Edwards, 62, died after the 600 kg (1,323 lb) bale rolled down a steep field in Devon, southern England, smashed through a hedge and careered on to the road.
He died instantly in the freak accident on Friday afternoon.
Police said they used photographs and YouTube footage to identify Edwards and are investigating whether the bale may have fallen from a tractor working on farmland near the road.
Edwards, who played with the band between 1972 and 1975, is believed to have swerved into another vehicle as the bale crushed his cab.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             09-Sep-10  @  12:36 AM   -   RE: Giant hay bale kills former ELO cellist (what?!)

sitar

Jeez. What are the chances? 

Message 3/9             09-Sep-10  @  10:06 AM   -   RE: Giant hay bale kills former ELO cellist (what?!)

NastyM

Link?:  No link

sitar wrote:

less if you live in London

Message 4/9             09-Sep-10  @  10:47 AM   -   RE: Giant hay bale kills former ELO cellist (what?!)

sitar

NastyM wrote:

less if you live in London

LOL!

Message 5/9             09-Sep-10  @  12:23 PM   -   RE: Giant hay bale kills former ELO cellist (what?!)

k

ha! true, i mean wtf tho??! it must have perked the coroner up a bit...

i'm wonderin whether a joke will appear about it soon... sitar?

he baled on life! er...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/9             09-Sep-10  @  08:36 PM   -   RE: Giant hay bale kills former ELO cellist (what?!)

sitar

k wrote:

ha! true, i mean wtf tho??! it must have perked the coroner up a bit...

im wonderin whether a joke will appear about it soon... sitar?

he baled on life! er...

lol. you know, i was thinking of a pun yesterday but i said, nah not over the guy dieing. at least give him a chance to be buried. yours is perfect though lol. 

Message 7/9             10-Sep-10  @  09:16 AM   -   RE: Giant hay bale kills former ELO cellist (what?!)

Malcolm Jeffery

Very sad, more chance of lighting striking you isnt it,

Cant get it out of my head, from Eldorado 1974 lovely warm sounding album even on cd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0eeix4DsAE&feature=fvst

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S.Thompson -

Message 8/9             10-Sep-10  @  09:24 AM     Edit: 10-Sep-10  |  09:32 AM   -   RE: Giant hay bale kills former ELO cellist (what?!)

Malcolm Jeffery

On a lighter note reading people comments about "the chances of" this cracked me up.

Wow - whats the chances of that happening? I thought I held the record for the biggest coincidence after my wife fell down a wishing well.......

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S.Thompson -

Message 9/9             10-Sep-10  @  11:11 AM   -   RE: Giant hay bale kills former ELO cellist (what?!)

k

robert b lightbringer, lol what a name!  is he a rejected star wars character?

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)