aaa catch 22 - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: catch 22

Viewing all 28 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/28             27-Oct-10  @  09:15 PM   -   RE: catch 22

sitar

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

i visit the dancetech forums about 3 times a day. i only post in the lounge and the music tracks and feedback section.9 out of 10 times i'm the last person to have posted a comment. i see "sitar" and i leave because i know there has been nothing new posted. here's my predicament. on the one hand i hate seeing my name as the last who posted. on the other hand when i see someone else posted i want to read their comment and respond but then d'oh! there i am again, the last one to have posted. 

this gives more proof to the statement, it's not easy being me. 

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/28             28-Oct-10  @  01:10 AM   -   RE: catch 22

k

lol you're funny 

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/28             28-Oct-10  @  12:56 PM   -   RE: catch 22

NastyM

Link?:  No link

youre problem occurs about this point .... k`s previous response was acceptable and could quite easily be left hovering in cyberspace causing you little aggrevation ("LOL youre funny" etc is merely a comment adding support to your previous statement),  however I have now added further response in the form of this little remark which in no doubt will once again "niggle" you.
Back to square 1 .... go one Sitar you know your itching to reply.... or should you test your own will power / resolve and refuse to comment
(I suspect a silent sitar is some form of contradiction in its own right. Go on resist I know you can!) 

Message 4/28             28-Oct-10  @  09:29 PM   -   RE: catch 22

sitar

i choose to resist the temptation!

Message 5/28             28-Oct-10  @  09:30 PM   -   RE: catch 22

sitar

D'oh!

Message 6/28             28-Oct-10  @  10:03 PM   -   RE: catch 22

Malcolm Jeffery

O this is to good to resist i feel i must join in lol.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S.Thompson -

Message 7/28             29-Oct-10  @  08:53 PM   -   RE: catch 22

sitar

Malcolm Jeffery wrote:

O this is to good to resist i feel i must join in lol.

i've been creeping around for hours and didn't reply. Ha!

Message 8/28             02-Nov-10  @  03:22 AM   -   RE: catch 22

damballah

resistance is futile

Message 9/28             02-Nov-10  @  09:56 AM   -   RE: catch 22

NastyM

it appears to have become a game of wits, who can resist the longest - I'm clearly witless

ps was that a borg reference or has trekspeak infultrated all walks of life? 

Message 10/28             02-Nov-10  @  12:33 PM   -   RE: catch 22

sitar

NastyM wrote:

it appears to have become a game of wits, who can resist the longest - Im clearly witless

ps was that a borg reference or has trekspeak infultrated all walks of life? 

ha! i've been busy the last several days and a bit under the weather. in fact i woke up about an hour ago this morning and am probably hopping back into bed in a few minutes. i dont' know about trekspeak. i'm more a yoda kinda guy. witless say you?

if i was ever called upon to testify in court i'd be a witless for the prosecution.   

Message 11/28             03-Nov-10  @  04:54 PM   -   RE: catch 22

Malcolm Jeffery

Resistance is futile is a trekkie thang Doh ive joined in again,
and now for something different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juyBa76MzrM&feature=fvsr

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S.Thompson -

Message 12/28             04-Nov-10  @  03:53 AM   -   RE: catch 22

damballah

trekkie huh, didn't even realize. i thought it might've been dalek.

you have no chance to survive make your time.

Message 13/28             05-Nov-10  @  01:22 AM   -   RE: catch 22

NastyM

Malcolm you must be taking the "fucking monkey shit pidgeon" piss ..... i've seen this fella before, and am not quite sure if i'm laughing with or at..... I assume with as he made the post.
I once worked with a lad with tourettes (a mild form) and he wasn't funny .... imagine my dissapointment ..... however he did manage to eat half a packet of dog chocolates once (by mistake) apparently no cocoa whatsoever and 70% ash content ... now that was funny, he claimed he didn't realise they where dog chocs despite the picture of a dog skiing on the packet and assumed that they would taste better the more he ate. (Stevey you make me piss when I remember this)
must get in touch with the fella again!

Message 14/28             05-Nov-10  @  02:50 PM   -   RE: catch 22

k

hehe, i worked in forestry once upon a time, and i had to work with this guy for months alone in woods. he was a weird old-boy nutter, born in kent, worked in the mines as a kid, started smoking a pipe at age 8 etc.

anyhoos, he pre-fixed every noun with the adjective of 'c*nting'

serious, it was like almost every other word. The "c*nting chainsaw" the "c*nting hammer", the "c*nting petrol can" etc etc, month in month out. What cracked me up was one time he was talking about something to do with his wife and even then he used this 'technique' and referred to his wife as  "C*nting Eileen"

ffs.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 15/28             05-Nov-10  @  03:28 PM   -   RE: catch 22

NastyM

k wrote:

referred to his wife as  C*nting Eileen

Wasn't that an eighties hit for Dexys Midnight Runners ?

Message 16/28             05-Nov-10  @  05:07 PM   -   RE: catch 22

Malcolm Jeffery

Well now i feel sorry for this chap, its a shit condition, but iam going to be honest its sometimes funny, its cruel but life is a piss take sometimes, and everyones a liar if they have never laughed at something they shouldnt, anyhow how the fck can you get a condition that ony triggers swear words, why not nice words?

Message 17/28             05-Nov-10  @  05:24 PM   -   RE: catch 22

NastyM

what ? a condition that the only symptoms are talking out loud in an unoffensive manner - isn't that just normal behaviour for lonely people.
Or is the idea you shout inoffensive things like "CALCULATOR" or do they have to be words such as "LULLABY" its a great idea - i think i'll start off with one every hour for the time being, see how things progress - i know this does not indicate i have any mental illness, but surely playing along is fun too!

Message 18/28             05-Nov-10  @  05:37 PM   -   RE: catch 22

Malcolm Jeffery

File?:  [image]

[image file]

Any how its friday and iam drinking this at the mothership, work has ended and my random barked friendly word is Tumbledryer.

Message 19/28             06-Nov-10  @  01:24 AM   -   RE: catch 22

damballah

Budweiser! Over here, because of lawsuits and shit, they have to label the Budvar as "Czechvar."

What's worse than spit on Suzanne?

Come on Eileen.

Message 20/28             06-Nov-10  @  09:33 AM   -   RE: catch 22

Malcolm Jeffery

Weird thing is the czech budvar was the original i think, and its way nicer than American bud.

sbout time Sitar posted again isnt it.

Message 21/28             06-Nov-10  @  09:37 AM   -   RE: catch 22

Malcolm Jeffery

File?:  [image]

[image file]

I cooked these for me and the lady to go with the budvar,mmmm lol

Message 22/28             06-Nov-10  @  04:22 PM     Edit: 06-Nov-10  |  04:30 PM   -   RE: catch 22

damballah

... and the czech brew comes by its name honestly being brewed in Budejovice a.k.a. Budweis.

The story goes something like this... in the 1800s, a couple German ex-pat brewers living in St. Louis, Eberhard Anheuser and Adophus Busch, were looking at different ways of brewing, and on a trip back to the old country became interested in the "pilsner" lagering techniques being used in what was then called Bohemia -- Plsn, Budweis, etc. --, adapted those techniques and thought Budweiser was a marketable sounding brand name for the result. Apparently they were right. Soon the brand was outselling the beers of the Germans who had set up their breweries in Milwaukee.

In the '90s, after the collapse of the Iron Curtain, the Czech Bud started becoming available in the west and Anheuser-Busch began suing all over the world to claim exclusive use of the name. They won some, they lost some. Thus, Budvar in the US bearing the label Czechvar.

More recently, due to the economic policies of a different Bush (minus the "c") and the resulting weakened dollar, Eberhard's and Adolphus' descendants (their children married) lost the company in a stock buy-up by InBev, makers of Stella Artois, Beck's, Hoegarden, etc.

The music club where I run sound is less than a mile from the main Anheuser-Busch brewery, yet now carries no AB-InBev products. Ha!

Message 23/28             08-Nov-10  @  02:22 AM   -   RE: catch 22

sitar

stock trading in breweries accounts for half of wall street markets. you have the bull market and the beer market. that's what i heard anyway.  

Message 24/28             08-Nov-10  @  01:16 PM   -   RE: catch 22

NastyM

SAUSAGE ROLL !

Message 25/28             08-Nov-10  @  08:20 PM   -   RE: catch 22

Malcolm Jeffery

LAMPSHADE CUP TABLECLOTH.

Message 26/28             10-Nov-10  @  09:10 PM   -   RE: catch 22

sitar

NastyM wrote:

SAUSAGE ROLL !

lol!

Message 27/28             11-Nov-10  @  02:08 AM   -   RE: catch 22

NastyM

Incidentally - one of my favourite books - thank you Mr Heller
ps i mean "Catch 22" not "Sausage Roll"

Message 28/28             11-Nov-10  @  03:01 PM   -   RE: catch 22

k

oh i dunno, i thought his "sausage roll" was pretty good

Viewing all 28 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 28 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)