aaa LA Noir.. can't wait!! - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: LA Noir.. can't wait!!

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             07-Apr-11  @  11:10 AM     Edit: 07-Apr-11  |  11:12 AM   -   RE: LA Noir.. can't wait!!

k

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

looks like it'll be awesome and a whole new gaming experience.  the characters faces display subtleties which you need to determine if they are lying or being truthful etc, this then determines how you perceive the clues and story flow etc. It's gonna be like being in your own Chandler novel as Marlowe

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             20-May-11  @  11:37 AM     Edit: 20-May-11  |  11:38 AM   -   RE: LA Noir.. can't wait!!

k

oh yeah, launch day i go get my pre-order soon

check a review

apparently you have to really not be distracted cos the clues can be so subtle and if u miss one it changes the stor

seems from the review u start as a rookie cop and must work up to become a plainclothes

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/5             20-May-11  @  06:20 PM   -   RE: LA Noir.. can't wait!!

oxygene65

It does look impressive. However if they make it too difficult, they'll put a lot of game players off. I'm stopped playing many a game after a couple of hours if I havent progressed or been rewarded in some way.

Message 4/5             24-May-11  @  10:39 AM   -   RE: LA Noir.. can't wait!!

sitar

i don't have time to watch the vids now but damn how far gaming as come from your description. this sounds like the shit if it gets a good following. think of mixing this with Madden NFL. as a defensive player you read the quarterbacks face to see if it's a pass or a running play. :P  

Message 5/5             24-May-11  @  01:02 PM     Edit: 24-May-11  |  01:05 PM   -   RE: LA Noir.. can't wait!!

k

well it's out, played it now for a few nights, it's not what u think.  me and a few people have discussed it and we cant figure out if they released it too early, or simply there was no memeory left to code in anything else cos the detailed animation and lengthy & many scripted scenes used all the space up.

it's not like other games at all, but my god the detail of 40's LA is simply staggering. They used all the historical societies and city departments, arial archives etc to model it, they even credit jay leno for some of the cars as well as other collectors cos it contains 95 100% accurate vintage cars, including some rarities. You can actualy go to the hollywood Automobile club and the car park contains many rarities too.

there's some dark humour in it too. During the game your character Phelps Cole is partnered with one guy when he's transferred to Vice who's pretty humerous in a scathing dark way & has a voice exactly like Jack Nicolson.

at one point in that part of the game, Cole and this Vice partner exit a building where a hi-brow suspect they have caught out has flung himself out of a window before they can cuff him. He plummets down and smashes onto the top of a car parked in the parking lot of the building & dies

So they exit the building and as they pass the corpse on the smashed car surrounded by cops & onlookers, the partner remarks; "Lucky I didn't park there!"

lol

it's not for kids either, the homicide section cases all involve female victims who are stripped naked and waylaid, either strangled or their throats cut or heads bashed in etc, & you have to straddle these naked murdered victims and examine the corpse etc.

it's different anyway, you can in actuality tear around the city trying to go real fast using handbrake turns etc, but it is very accurate, so if you disobey traffic lights etc you will get hit, and even if u use a siren you still have to watch out; so it's not a tearing about driving thing, it's best played very laid back, driving accurately, stopping at junctions, obaying signals etc.

the whole much talked about interviewing of suspects and judging their response is also not quite as u think it'll be. Itr is really damned hard to judge the characters, but it doesnt seem that judging the characters response wrongly changes the outcome at all. i think (without replaying it to see) that if you correctly guess whether they are lying or not more often, then it simply opens up maybe one more suspect or location to visit, but doesn't in anyway change the outcome sadly.

if ONLY they could have made it so that if you DO fail to get questions right then u could go back and re-interview suspects until you got it right, or if a suspect further down the line add's more info, you could go back and re-interview suspects using this new info etc. IF they could make it liek that, so they you had to get it right to finish, that would have been awesome

shame that, but i guess this is a peek into the future of gaming and it's damned spooky what they WILL be able to do once the next round of more powerul consoles comes around, then it's gonna be crazy. If they can get these types of games programmed into loops which feedback on each other then they can have 100% authentic crime and spy type games within which you must get it right to finish & they could then go on to release regular 'episodes' & even use featured writers. They could even release games featuring classic cop shows & films; Kojak, Columbo, Streets of San Fran, Dirty Harry etc etc. It could be epic!

tbh you can even maybe see that the future is gonna be a merging of movie & games way beyond the current system of a game which simply uses a movie's character such as James Bond games. If it goes this way we'll see a gradualy merging of the two mediums to create full on game-films  with huge detail, within which one can play the lead character.

hehe, i tell you what's weird about this game tho Sitar; it's so realistically modelled on the motion capture of characters & their faces that you actualy start to critique the acting of the various characters! lol

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)