aaa Cubasis on iPad, midi to Korg MS2000 - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

27-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Cubasis on iPad, midi to Korg MS2000

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             07-Feb-14  @  04:13 PM   -   RE: Cubasis on iPad, midi to Korg MS2000

dedzyyy

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi

I've spent all day trying to work out how to do this, so I apologise if this is a daft question.

I'm trying to get a live set of backing tracks to play live from my iPad.

I have mostly audio files playing, but I also want to send some techno style acid bass lines to my MS2000, so I can have fun knob-tweaking.

The problem is, I can't work out how to send midi from cubasis to the korg.

I'm using a midi mobiliser (with lightning adapter for iPad mini)

I'd love it if anyone can give me an in-depth description of what my settings need to be, i.e. settings on cubasis, settings on the midi track and settings on the MS2000.

Thank you for any help!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             13-Feb-14  @  10:34 AM   -   RE: Cubasis on iPad, midi to Korg MS2000

k

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

well from memory - i used to use cubase for years - you want the korg on a channel, let's say channel-1

then you want the track on channel 1 (same channel as the korg is set to)

and the only other thing you need is to make sure the midi port in the cubasis settings is switched on

that will allow you play the cubase midi  out to the korg and trigger it... but that is not the same as playing the korg and recording it's midi OUT onto a cubase track; for that you want local control on the korg OFF.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)