aaa Advice on new mac set up - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Advice on new mac set up

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             02-Oct-23  @  03:59 PM   -   RE: Advice on new mac set up

craig zeital

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi I have had 5 years of hell with logic and my iMac. So many issues, hours on phone with apple, new accounts on mac, new systems etc. current have 27 inc - 2017 imac with 40 gb ram and external usb and ssd drives. Anyway I have decided that I'll probably have to upgrade even though I have had such little use from my machine. Thinking of going mac mini. What considerations / recommendations would people suggest please? It's pretty much in the box recording etc.  Generally only 1 / 2 input at once. Thank you 

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             11-Oct-23  @  06:51 PM   -   RE: Advice on new mac set up

k

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I feel you! my imac is older though but apple phase out old OS compatibility & with that it also means you cant run later version apps. I'm looking at a Mac M2 mini. NOT the M2 Pro which i think will be overkill. I'd rather have more ram & ssd space (16gb ram 512 or even 1tb ssd). I'll probably get it on a monthly finance deal tbh at around 50 - 60  a month it's not much to pay each month. Apple uk at last are currently doing a Barclays low interest deal and as you probably know every so often they do a zero % finance deal. I'm gonna have to add a big screen to that though, a 32" 4k or whatever & mouse & keys sigh 👍

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)