aaa No FM effects on the Super Nova? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: No FM effects on the Super Nova?

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             23-Apr-98  @  03:18 AM   -   No FM effects on the Super Nova?

The Edge

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I heard that the Super Nova's got no fm effect is this true if it is will the upgrade support fm sounds. Some people would like to have a fm effect at there disposal I think this sucker is awsome I mean you cant have every thing but a fm effect set would be nice on this thing. Now I know this synth is big on sound desighn and stuff so it wont hurt me if some things didn't make it on this thing mabey nextime like on a Super Nova Keyboard version or somthing. Anyway I atcually wont worry about it but some people would like to see it on there synth but It wont kill me if this thing doesnt have fm effect. bye.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             29-Apr-98  @  07:25 PM   -   RE: No FM effects on the Super Nova?

Oops, we forgot it!

bye

Message 3/9             02-Jun-98  @  02:38 PM   -   RE: No FM effects on the Super Nova?

Phill

FM can be done on the Supernova.

The Sync Skew parameter when not used on a Synced sound performs XMod which is FM.

Additionally the LFOs are capable of oscillating at Audio rates so FM is possible there, and stranger sounds like KHz modulation of the Filter. There is a sound called Force field which uses this in the factory presets.

Phill@Novation

Message 4/9             05-Jun-98  @  07:44 PM   -   RE: No FM effects on the Super Nova?

steve_hunt

Bloody excellent chaps!
Was this feature always in when I was first asking for fm?
Perhaps I'll get one after all now. Well done.

Message 5/9             09-Jun-98  @  03:47 PM   -   RE: No FM effects on the Super Nova?

Yep FM is possible

FM effects can be produced using either Sync Skew or the LFOs on the Supernova

Phill@Novation

Message 6/9             23-Jul-98  @  09:31 PM   -   RE: No FM effects on the Super Nova?

cyborg0

yes, its good that the LFOs go into the audio freq region, BUT, can the LFOs track to velocity, AND, can you have more than one filter mod source, ie, can it have a freq tracking LFO AND filter tracking on at the same time?
If it can, let it be known that i am impressed..
rob

Message 7/9             23-Jul-98  @  10:13 PM   -   RE: No FM effects on the Super Nova?

Phill

On the current OS there is no Keybard tracking avilable for LFOs.

You can have 7 mod souces for filter Cutoff and 7 Mod souces for filter Reso.

Phill@Novation

Message 8/9             05-Aug-98  @  11:13 PM   -   RE: No FM effects on the Super Nova?

kilo

can it !!... bloody amazing !!....,FM organs, basses, jazz guitar patches, all the traditional bells and glassy stuff in abundance !!..... what i never figured on was it to also do stuff like Rhodes, and Organs and delicate Tine electric piano's such as you'd find in JV's and K2's etc.. IT DOES... yet with loads of beautiful harmonic overtones missing from sample based units like the K series I own... (not that I use that sound but still... it is a very complete synth......... you can hear the harmonics !!... really it does the lot i have to say...... i was well shocked, i expected it to be a brilliant analog sounding unit only.....i made a sound tonight by accident indistinguishable from a cranked Les Paul thru a marshall !!!... I swear !..... that skew function and other oscillator facilities are fucking amazing !!.... i never heard so much variety from oscillators...... and the filter section is bloody awesome.... really ... !!.... i'm only scratching the surface so far, but the interface is the best Ive ever, ever seen on a synth... and the pads are the best I've heard since the Wavestation which i rate as the best pads for warmth and depth....... warm, lush ...etc.... brilliant ...I really never expected this range of sounds from it and with great fluidity...... i seriously think I'm gonna sell my K2000..... this does everything I would use the K2000 for....but 1000 times faster.... best interface i ever saw.....brilliant !!.....it is a world beater for sure.... I was shocked frankly !.... and it goes up to 32 note poly as well with an upgrade if you need it.....OK... true I am excited.... and I'll calm down a bit in a few days....still.... the ease of creating sounds, and the sheer range with a few tweaks was staggering.... and all i touched was the oscillators, filter, and envelope VCA... and the FX.... the filters are so superb in their breadth of sounds...... the range of sounds from one oscillator using the skew & other features, with just the filters alone is staggering....if you do trance or techno... you have to get this unit.... pure goa, hard and psychadelic etc and distorted guitars too !!..... plus all the other sounds, and great FX sounds & drums too.. . ... every time you tweak it, you stumble upon classic sound, after classic sound... and stuff you never heard before in your life as well.... and DEEEEEEP basses a plenty... best basses I heard since the Emu Orbit for those swing and RnB & pop etc style Thunking fat basses.. it does 'em, as well as subs, and whatever else... wicked square basses that totally honk

Steve (Hunt) mate... really..... this is way way better than that brilliant Nord cd stuff you sent me... If you want to come over and check it for a day... mail me , I'm in Chelsea, London... you wont be sorry mate !!

Message 9/9             15-Aug-98  @  02:23 AM   -   RE: No FM effects on the Super Nova?

peterkadar

This sounds pretty amazing.. I wonder how much one of these units will go for when they make their appearence in Canada. The only time I heard it was on the FM cd a while back, and I was very impressed. I can't wait.

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)