aaa supernova - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: supernova

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11             18-May-98  @  10:57 AM   -   supernova

kilo

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

just observing the notes... it seems everyone wants the supernova to be all the things they want it to be.... i think you gotta be fair here, cos you get like 8 analog modelling synths each with dedicated fx processor and output for slightly less than 200 quid each... BUT...with bonus's you'd NOT get from buying 8 monomodelling synths....

One is BIG TIME polyphony... and it's VERY liquid, the sound.... and the fact you can combi the edits into a poly pad synth, + a few mono's or whatever... it's pretty damned good for the money i'd say... and all in all, i think it's unfair to give the impression to newbies passing thru that it's in need of things that it lacks... see the thing in a balanced way... cos a SNova with a few guitar fx pedals, is a gig or studio dream if you add a sampler or whatever.... easy to control and mixable... tons of poly... i think it's pretty damned good...

lastly.... Novation are not korg, yamah, roland etc with multi million dollar budgets & R&D shops, and corporate back up of a company group parent with billion dollar resources.... all in all I reckon they do a good job in trying to get stuff to people...... for the masses like..... at a resonable cost...well, that's my 2 Cents worth

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             18-May-98  @  06:16 PM   -   RE: supernova

fraxis&cableinet.co.uk

I think that the Supernova is great value for money, but I think the points you seem to be missing are:

1) After numerous promises about availabilty, you still can't get one, so what it can or can't do is academic.

2) If you set up a technical help site, at least have the decency to maintain it or remove the service with a polite apology and reinstate it when you can give it the attention it needs.

Message 3/11             18-May-98  @  09:24 PM   -   RE: supernova

music

I'm checking out the Virus...it's shipping. Too bad it doesn't have 16 delays etc. (sigh)

Message 4/11             02-Jun-98  @  02:17 PM   -   RE: supernova

Phill

Sorry about the silence on this part of our site, The silence was because we were making the Supernova. I'm sure you'll agree that it is more important to make it rather than talk about it!

I will not leave this site unattended for so long in the future, but I did have a lot of sounds to make!!

If you are in the UK. It is shipping and available. Export quatities have been shipped last week, so Export customers will be happy hopefully by now.

If you do check out a virus, please compare it to Supernova and let me know your thoughts ot this site.

Phill@Novation

Message 5/11             04-Jun-98  @  12:16 AM   -   RE: supernova

fraxis

Today tried to arrange a demo with one of your listed dealers, Andertons of Guildford.

Hadn't got one, hadn't had one, didn't know when or if they were coming in.

Back to you, Phill...

Message 6/11             05-Jun-98  @  10:48 AM   -   RE: supernova

kilo

cmon francic mate.... i think the thing your missing here is that this is a major step in a modelling synth........regardless, i cant understand how this proclaimed lateness is causing such grief to you...... cos either you want it... then you'll chill.... confuscious him say.... man can learn alot about the the usefulness of Action... and In-action, from observing cats.......because there is nothing like this on the market... it will still be a new product in terms of the available options...... 32 note poly, over 8 seperate synths mate !!!!.... c'mon.... like i want vst right now,,,, but i have to wait for this yamaha card thing to evaluate it......
tell you what... when i get mine,... very soon... come over... and check it out... there's a shitload of stuff to try it with here.. so you could bring some midi on disk... atari or pc, cubase or cakewalk...... I'm about 4 mins walk from Victoria station...

Message 7/11             05-Jun-98  @  08:26 PM   -   RE: supernova

It's not a major step in anything if you can't get it, then they tell you it's already out and then you still find you can't get it. I just hate being lied to, basically!

Message 8/11             08-Jun-98  @  09:40 AM   -   RE: supernova

kil

well, i suggest you chill...... blimey..... lies ?....decency ?.... what is going on..... we're talking about a synth... not a major political reform !...

Message 9/11             06-Jul-98  @  05:03 PM   -   RE: supernova

Muffy

I've never known a synth generate such emotion because people can't get hold of it. People are obviously desperate to get hold of these babies. Do what I did - ring a shop, order it then go and collect it (You seem to be able to get hold of the 32 voice machines quite easily). By the way - It's *THE BEST* synth ever!!!!

Message 10/11             06-Jul-98  @  08:20 PM   -   RE: supernova

mickey

Yes indeed. What I don't understand is why for instance the german midi magazines (KEYS and KEYBOARDS) take soooo long to test the Supernova (as well as putting detailed audio examples on their magazine-CD, which is their common behaviour when testing synthesizers). They even didn't mention it yet... Isn't this strange ? Maybe the german distributor should just them one.

Message 11/11             06-Jul-98  @  08:20 PM   -   RE: supernova

mickey

Yes indeed. Another thing: The Supernova is available in germany since june. What I don't understand is why for our german midi magazines (KEYS and KEYBOARDS) take soooo long to test the Supernova (as well as putting detailed audio examples on their magazine-CD, which is their common behaviour when testing synthesizers). They even didn't mention it yet... Isn't this strange ? Maybe the german distributor should just them one.

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)