aaa Can I Midi the Supernova to my Alesis? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Can I Midi the Supernova to my Alesis?

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             04-Jun-98  @  12:39 AM   -   Can I Midi the Supernova to my Alesis?

Jason

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I have a Alesis QS8 and I was wondering about the New Supernova and that it isnt a keyboard synth but a rack synth. My keyboard is a master Controller synth but it doesnt have any note capasity or a built in sequencer. Its just a simple 64 voice Polyphony 88 key piano action Master controller synth and I was wondering if I buy the Supernova will I beable to get all the sounds, features, sequencing, and all the above power of the Supernova on to my 88 key Alesis? That would be cool if I can tweak the Supernova and play the supernova sounds on my Alesis QS8 and use all its powers on my Alesis. Like beable to tweak some knobs in real time and play the sounds on my keyboard. I dont know much about midi but my keyboard sports a Midi in,out and thru and my synth has got 4 sliders and 2 wheels (one for pitch and the other for modulation) on it supose this is why they call it a master controller synth cus I can manipulate my preset sounds using its sliders and wheels no knobs though. If I midi the Supernova up to my Alesis how can I effectively get the most out of my Alesis and the Supernova? PS I hope I dont have a bummer synth for the Supernova. Oh but the way incase you dont know about the Alesis my synth was released in early 97 its a new synth.later

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             04-Jun-98  @  12:40 AM   -   Can I Midi the Supernova to my Alesis?

Jason

I have a Alesis QS8 and I was wondering about the New Supernova and that it isnt a keyboard synth but a rack synth. My keyboard is a master Controller synth but it doesnt have any note capasity or a built in sequencer. Its just a simple 64 voice Polyphony 88 key piano action Master controller synth and I was wondering if I buy the Supernova will I beable to get all the sounds, features, sequencing, and all the above power of the Supernova on to my 88 key Alesis? That would be cool if I can tweak the Supernova and play the supernova sounds on my Alesis QS8 and use all its powers on my Alesis. Like beable to tweak some knobs in real time and play the sounds on my keyboard. I dont know much about midi but my keyboard sports a Midi in,out and thru and my synth has got 4 sliders and 2 wheels (one for pitch and the other for modulation) on it supose this is why they call it a master controller synth cus I can manipulate my preset sounds using its sliders and wheels no knobs though. If I midi the Supernova up to my Alesis how can I effectively get the most out of my Alesis and the Supernova? PS I hope I dont have a bummer synth for the Supernova. Oh but the way incase you dont know about the Alesis my synth was released in early 97 its a new synth.later

Message 3/6             05-Jun-98  @  10:38 AM   -   RE: Can I Midi the Supernova to my Alesis?

kilo

sounds ideal...... all you gotta do is set up a control setup on the alesis where the controllers are assigned to the realtime parameters you want to record and tweak...... simple.... to get the most of it, with the arppegiator and other clockable sections, you do need a sequencer......

Message 4/6             06-Jun-98  @  06:16 AM   -   RE: Can I Midi the Supernova to my Alesis?

Jason

If the Supernova has a built in sequencer then why should I buy a seperate sequencer for it? My theory is that all the sounds and even the arpeggiation will sound on my keyboard. I'll leave the sequencing power for the Supernova to do. I dont think i'll need a sequencer for my Alesis to do sequencing from my Supernova if its got a sequencer built in to the supernova? I believe that when I hook my Supernova up to my Alesis QS8 I'll use the Supernova's knobs and buttons to manipulate the sounds and to hear it in real time even the Arpegiator effects on my keyboard. Am I true about this? thanks in advance.

Message 5/6             08-Jun-98  @  09:35 AM   -   RE: Can I Midi the Supernova to my Alesis?

kilo

yeah... but there is no sequencer in the S-Nova.... there is a load of clacable arpeggiators... which are like mini-sequencers in a way... but you still need a sequencer to drive the whole thing with midi clock and play the other synths and stuff that you own....

Message 6/6             03-Sep-98  @  10:38 AM   -   RE: Can I Midi the Supernova to my Alesis?

koudelkaJ

yes, you can

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)