aaa NBS and Cakewalk Sync problem - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: NBS and Cakewalk Sync problem

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             13-Jun-98  @  02:50 PM   -   NBS and Cakewalk Sync problem

kevin.goodchild

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Phil,
The problem I have (as before) is my NBS is not syncing with my cakewalk.
I shall give you more details, I have a
Roland JV80 which I use as my master keyboard, both Midi in and out and linked to a Musicquest 2Port/se and my
NBS is also linked to this midi interface, again both Midi In and Out.
When I try some arpeggio patterns from the NBS I get something like three/four notes and then a continuous drone. The cakewalk IS transmitting midi clock as my NBS is saying so, also the LFO's are on, again I have checked that on the NBS. Strangely the argeppios work when
one of the midi cables is disconnected !
what does it all mean?
In the cakewalk you also have a MIdi echo function, this is set to AUTO.
I have been trying to sort this problem out for a number of weeks and I am wasting a lot of time in doing so.
CAN ANYONE HELP OR RECONISE THE PROBLEM?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             17-Jun-98  @  10:47 PM   -   RE: NBS and Cakewalk Sync problem

Anonymouse

You problem is that you need a software update to version 1.9
Press and hold the audition button and if you have less that 1.9, scream bloody murder!
It happened to a few I know of. It's not you, it's teh dicey brits

Good Luck.

Message 3/4             18-Jun-98  @  07:00 PM   -   RE: NBS and Cakewalk Sync problem

kevin.goodchild

I have version 1.9 !

Anything else I can try ?

Message 4/4             21-Jun-98  @  04:22 PM   -   RE: NBS and Cakewalk Sync problem

Phill

What is an NBS??

I can only presume you mean a Super Bass Station.

I have had seveal problems reported with owners of PC based packages.

Usually the problem is that Cakewalk or Cubase or in theory Logic as well... is set to have "Virtual Piano" mode set to on. You can find this in the section of the package where you assign the MIDI card.

If this does not work the you mention that if you disconnect one of the MIDI cables it works, this wouldn't happen to be the OUT by any chance? If you have both the MIDI In and Out connected and Soft thru, Echo Back or similar switched on you have created a MIDI Loop. We do not reccommend this type of connection when using the Arpeggiator as the arpeggitated notes are output and will come back thru the computer to play the Super Bass Station.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)