aaa Supernova upgrade policy - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Supernova upgrade policy

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             19-Jun-98  @  05:11 PM   -   Supernova upgrade policy

eric.payrot

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi,

I've been trying the supernova here in Paris for a few hours and had great time. Great features (programmable arps,oscillators sync skew, tempo sync,comb filter ...), great user interface, superb sounds (nice evolving space pads ...).

But I really felt frustrated when, pressing some "special" buttons, the message "not available" appeared.

I understand and appreciate that the supernova design is open to evolutions and new features but I would like to have a clearer view on the software updates policy before buying this synth or its expansion board.

Will the new s/w releases be free and downloadable ?

If not, will the first buyers (with the first s/w revisions) have a discount on the next major release ?

Will the "special" functions only be available with the 32 voices option ?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             19-Jun-98  @  10:22 PM   -   RE: Supernova upgrade policy

brian

Sorry...no answers here, but please tell me more about those evolving space pads :0)))
Thanks!

Message 3/3             21-Jun-98  @  04:06 PM   -   RE: Supernova upgrade policy

Phill

A Free upgrade will be available with a few minor improvements withing the next 2 weeks. A significant upgrade will be available at or around August the 1st.

I am surprised to see that you are dissapointed that we have included "Special" buttons. We included these so that additional Wave forms, Filters and FX parameters could be added without making the user interface inconsistent.

Some Special parameters will appear on August 1st and will be a free upgrade to all users regardless of weather you have a 16 voice or 32 voice model. The new operating system will be available from the downloads section of this site. It will appear as a .mid file and can be played into the unit via any suitable Midi File compatible sequencer.

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)