aaa SysEx, Supernova User Resource and questions - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: SysEx, Supernova User Resource and questions

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             26-Jun-98  @  01:21 PM   -   SysEx, Supernova User Resource and questions

mickey

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi. I am a proud owner of the Supernova. This thing absolutely rocks.

I am the administrator of the Emulator Station 1 (http://es1.home.pages.de) which deals with all things manufactured from Emu Systems Inc.
and I plan to set up a user resource website and a mailing list for the SuperNova.

Therefore (and for my own information) I have some questions...

1.) I'm interested in programming some utilities that communicate
with the Supernova via SysEx. Can you send me the SysEx specification manual ?

2.) Are you aware of crackels and other noises produced by the delay effect,
when the delay set to internal clock sync. ?
Please investigate. I currently own the Supernova with serial number 005047
Is this the first hardware revision ? Are there later hardware revisions yet ?

3.) Is the current OS flashable or ROM ? Will there be OS upgrades (apart from OS 2 which is supposed to come with the expansion board)

4.) When will the expansion board be shipped and can you give us a sneak preview
of what features OS 2 will provide ?

5.) Are there relative knob modes (or fetch-the-value-then-toggle-modes)
planned for a future upgrade ?

I am hoping for your cooperation and your answers.

Sincerely,

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             26-Jun-98  @  08:10 PM   -   RE: SysEx, Supernova User Resource and questions

Phill

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

If you send me your landlne address we can send you the Sysex documentation. You can however get at every parameter, With the exception of Factory restore options, via midi controllers. Requests for all types of dumps are sent via MIDI so maybe I dont have to send the document?

Clicks are apparent on Synced delays. An upgrade will be available on aour web site with instructions on how to do it by the 3rd of July, next week, that fixes this problem.

The OS is in Flash. Upgrades will be available free on our site and are MIDI Files.

The expansion boards will be available very soon. We are only waiting for the packaging. Supernova requires no OS upgrade to use the expander. 32 voice polyphony is built into vers 1 OS.

Vers 2 as said earlier will be available next week. Vers 3 has the new stuff. this will be avilable on August 1st. We are working on intersting things, I will keep you posted when we have concrete spec.

With regards to knob modes we are undecided. Please advise your thoughts on the matter.

Cheers Phill

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)