aaa Supernova - Questions & Suggestions - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Supernova - Questions & Suggestions

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             29-Jun-98  @  08:40 AM   -   Supernova - Questions & Suggestions

thesignus

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Questions:

1. What about Supernova external input (for processing external signals via filters, effects, etc.)? Are there any? If not, then - why not?!?

2. Expansion board will double the number of voices, patches and performances but will it double the number of parts from 8 to 16? This will be serious improvement over unexpanded version. For example, developers of Virus have doubled the number of parts with the new operating system (1.5x), simply by software upgrade, without any need for hardware upgrade!

Sugestions:

1. Why don't you put Supernova manual, SysEx documentation and Controller assignment on your web site for download (in PDF, DOC or simply TXT format)? For example, Waldorf and TSi from Germany put the complete documentation for Microwave and Virus synthesizers on their web site. This way you will help us from countries without Novation distributor (Croatia) and without the ability to spend a hour or two twiddling knobs directly on the synth to see all of its features. I know and believe that Supernova is very fat and powerfull but I want to see parameters. Currently I have plans to buy Microwave 2 and Virus and I think this combination gives much more power and synthesis capabilities (Virtual Analog, Spectral, WaveTable, 22 voices together, 8 parts on Microwave, 16 on Virus, 36 dB filters on Virus, external input, ...) than Supernova for 600 DEM more (about 250 GBP), without tax because I will buy them for my company. It will be very nice to have all three of them but this is really too much money. Maybe I can change my mind after reading Supernova manual ...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             29-Jun-98  @  11:16 AM   -   RE: Supernova - Questions & Suggestions

mickey

I second the request to put the documents online.
Considering the virus and the microwave: Just
compare the sound to the Supernova. Then you'll see... or hear  

Mickey - SuperNova enthusiast

Message 3/5             29-Jun-98  @  08:42 PM   -   RE: Supernova - Questions & Suggestions

Phill

Yo I agree, I do plan for documentation to be available on this site.

The Quark doc for the manual is about 120Meg though. Could you do without the graphics? That would reduce the size dramatically.

Phill

Message 4/5             30-Jun-98  @  07:16 AM   -   RE: Supernova - Questions & Suggestions

thesignus

Of course, no graphics ...

Thanks.

Message 5/5             02-Jul-98  @  07:49 PM   -   RE: Supernova - Questions & Suggestions

Phill

Some entries in the manual refer to graphics in the manual. I guess if you think this is OK then thats how well do it.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)