aaa Drumstation Power prob fixed by Elec. Engr - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

10-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Drumstation Power prob fixed by Elec. Engr

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             06-Jul-98  @  02:29 AM   -   Drumstation Power prob fixed by Elec. Engr

cyborg0

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Well, after a rom update, a LOT of hair pulling, and wanting to kill someone for a long time for the lightening of my wallet and the sinking feeling in my gut, i FINALLY have found a fix for the drumstation, and, perhaps, a fix for some of novations other units...
Get yourself a ps that supplies approx twice the rated current ie i bought a 1200ma, 9v DC supply for my drumstation on a hunch..(well, after looking at my drumstation PS with an oscilloscope and deeming it wholly inferior due to it only outputting 8v instead of 9v) Go to your local radio shack and get a 9v DC 1200ma supply, swap the leads that go into the drumstation so that inner barrel is +9v, and boom, 16 dollars worth of heaven and piece o mind..
It fixed all of the wierdness in my drumstation, from noise on the outputs to schrunchy digital beeps when using too many voices to turning off by itself..
I heard novation will give you a new PS for it for what, like $25 bux, but, thats a little steep when you throw in the shipping and such..
thank you for your time..
rob
PS, before you go emailing me with that "well, what do you know about this and who gave you authority" and "I would just rather buy the official ps from Novation" etc... I have used this PS in my unit for quite a while now, and i wouldnt post this if it didnt work, and, yes, i have a degree in EE, so dont waste the bW.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             06-Jul-98  @  09:54 AM   -   RE: Drumstation Power prob fixed by Elec. Engr

Phill

Yep Power Supplies were a problem on earlier Drums. Current production has a higher rated PSU.

Message 3/4             06-Jul-98  @  03:39 PM   -   RE: Drumstation Power prob fixed by Elec. Engr

cyborg0

Well, i guess why i never bothered with the Drumstation PS before was because my personal thinking was, jeez, does this thing really NEED more than 500ma?!? Judging from how small it was, i thought 500ma should have been enough so really the ps was a last ditch effort..It didnt help that sending the unit back here in the US did nothing but change the rom and the PS wasnt even mentioned. Other than that, im glad it works now, cuz its great!
rob

Message 4/4             12-Feb-99  @  10:00 PM   -   RE: Drumstation Power prob fixed by Elec. Engr

djdick

my drumstation totally distorts after anywhere from a half hour and up. What other power supplies can i use that will fix this problem. Can i just get one from radio shack that i don't have to modify.
please help. I'm afraid I purchased a bad unit.

djdick@home.com

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)