aaa MIDI CHAIN ????? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: MIDI CHAIN ?????

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             28-Jul-98  @  08:53 AM   -   MIDI CHAIN ?????

kas

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Even midiproblems can occurs with the drumV2. I don't know why...but I will explain it, and if somebody can help me it would be very nice.

OK here it is.
The drumV2 is connected to my EWS64, both In and Out.
The Midi Thru of the drumV2 is connected to my beloved Nordy.

What happens...when I play a normal 4/4beat with VST, the drumV2 doesn't play in sync, doesn't play the good sound but it does play the sounds randomely, totally out of sync with a lot of volume changes. I use channel 10. When I change this channel to channel 1, ffor my nordy, than this one play exactly what is in vst. Strange isn't it????

I did check out wheter the drumV2 is broken, but when I connect it to my an1x directly, evrthing seems to be ok.

The only thing I can see is that my comp sends MIDI notes correcrtly, but the drumstation leds flashes randomly just like the sounds are.

Is there a doctor who can solve my problem??

thanx Maurizio

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             28-Jul-98  @  07:08 PM   -   RE: MIDI CHAIN ?????

Phill

You have not explained what platform you are on, PC, Mac or Atari.

If the drumstation plays OK with direct connection to the keyboard then the problem is not with th Drumstation. If the DrumStation has a problem in this case it is likey to be the Drumstation.

Please advise

Message 3/7             29-Jul-98  @  09:16 AM   -   RE: MIDI CHAIN ?????

kas

I did some experimentations yesterday....I work an a PC platformn btw....
When connect midi out from the pc to midi in of the an1x, and therefrom the thru to the novation it works betters.
It is more stable, but sometimes still plays around like it thinks "not today m8"
Is there a difference between a midi out signal and a midi thru signal?

Message 4/7             29-Jul-98  @  05:52 PM   -   RE: MIDI CHAIN ?????

Phill

The problem is almost certainly due to the signal not being mirrored correctly on the thru connection on the an1x.
Try this Out of seq to In on Drumstation, Thru of Drumstation to In on AN1X. Out of AN1X to in on seq

This should work!!

Phill

Message 5/7             31-Jul-98  @  09:18 AM   -   RE: MIDI CHAIN ?????

kas

Good old Phil,
I think you misunderstand me.
When I connect the V2 directly into my soundcard the v2 play like shit..or not...when i connect the an1x to my comp, and the thru of the an1x to the in of the v2, then the v2 plays better. But still not in sync, and when I add a clap, the bassdrum will fall away but the hihats will keep running.

When I connecct my nordy via midi thru on the V2, the nordy plays everything in-sync.

So:
comp-->an1x-->V2-->nordy

All play in sync, except the V2, so their isn/t a timing problem with my soundcard, or some mistake in mirroring in the an1x, otherwise the nord wouldn't play insync...isn't it.

OK I have to admit when you connect midi out of the an1x to in of V2, and then it work perfectly....

I wanted to cubase externally...but stupid as I was...the v2 doesn't send a midiclock.

I'll hope you'll understand what I mean...but nobody seems to know what can be the problem....

(SHould it be the PS  

Maurizio

Message 6/7             31-Jul-98  @  11:43 AM   -   RE: MIDI CHAIN ?????

Richie

I have encountered the same kick drum cutting out from a clap problem as Kas, My short term solution is to switch the dumstation on/off. This seems to solve the problem for anything between 30 seconds to a day. My friend has the same problem on his system when using my drumstation. Is it the power supply? If it is please let me know so I can get my studio running again.

Message 7/7             31-Jul-98  @  01:05 PM   -   RE: MIDI CHAIN ?????

kas

Than a PS would be nice on the frontpanel instead of the to soft headphone socket isn't it?

Glad I am not the only one, I thought it was me being stupid....

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)