aaa Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

10-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Viewing all 79 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 8

Original Message 1/79             01-Aug-98  @  10:08 PM   -   Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Phill

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Yo Supernova Supporters!!

We are going to update the Factory sounds with version 3 OS to take advantage of new parameters. This presents an opportunity to update the factory sounds.

Please, Please advise your thoughts on the following:

Firstly what sounds in the Factory Sounds you think are useless!!

- we will delete these and add new ones...

What type of sounds do you want to see more of?

Please describe the sounds "You" want in detail. "More Pads" for example is not really enough, "Deep Atmosphere AKA Korg Wavestation" is better.

If you have any sounds you think kick a___ for the Supernova then please send to me @ p.macdonald@btinternet.com.

We are going to compile a new set of factory sounds for Version 3 OS of Supernova. Any comments welcome. All older versions of factory sounds will be available on our internet site.
http://www.nova-uk.com.

Cheers,
Phill@Novation

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/79             06-Aug-98  @  08:27 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Phill

Hey we want feed back! Tell me what sounds you want in the Supernova....Unless of course your all totally satisifed with the factories?

Phill @ Novation

Message 3/79             07-Aug-98  @  03:31 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Muffy

Dont worry.....Give us a bit of time. I'm going thru the sounds and making notes of which ones I personally dont like. But I can tell you, its very difficult because virtually all the sounds are useable.

Please DO NOT put any "real" instrument emulations on - I've got more than enough tubas, harpsichords and oboe sounds.

My only comment would be that the Brassy patches arn't very useable (but with a few tweaks even these can become killer sounds)

Of course lots of people will disagree with the above - so come on everybody, its not often a synth manufacturer asks us what WE want - make the most of it.

Message 4/79             07-Aug-98  @  09:29 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

gclutterbuck

I am VERY impressed with the Supernova in the 4 days that I've had it. Well done!
It's good to see the operating system being upgraded regularly, although I get error messages when trying to upgrade through Cubase VST (even after slowing down the speed of transfer).
As far as OS3 is concerned, any chance of emulating sounds that are familiar from popular artists/producers? i.e. Vince Clark (Erasure)/Pet Shop Boys/William Orbit/Stock-Aitken-Waterman type sounds.

Also, will there be a facility provided by Novation for additional sets of sounds to download, either from Novation or by sounds uploaded from users?

Thank you, in advance.

Gary Clutterbuck

Message 5/79             08-Aug-98  @  03:36 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

I'll give you a hint about cubase. I've done the update through vst and if you have the sequencer sending midi clock, it will choke.

I should talk though. I don't know the problem yet, but I get a thorough thrashing from the Supernova after playing with it for a few minutes. Huge digital noise overtakes the sound output, and I don't know why. I think it is related to the OS2 that I installed, because when OS1 gets put back on, the problem disappears. I need some help on this  (

If I can ever get it working, I will give my patch request/review ASAP. For the most part, I like spacy sounds, bouncy, blippy, and boingy ones, too. Oh, and here's one: how about a real trickly filter sweep where the filter sounds like glass chimes going up or down the harmonic spectrum. Put that in your delay and smoke it  )

Message 6/79             08-Aug-98  @  03:38 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

brian

Sorry, the above message was sent without my email address.

Message 7/79             08-Aug-98  @  11:54 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Mickey

>Also, will there be a facility provided by Novation for >additional sets of sounds to download, either from >Novation or by sounds uploaded from >users?

Sure. http://supernova.home.pages.de is open for that... if you've made some original sounds, post them and I'll make them available online. However, we don't have patches online yet... just waiting for submissions  

Message 8/79             10-Aug-98  @  07:22 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Phill

We plan to realease sounds from our downloads part of this site as we create banks. I plan these to be bank D dumps. None available yet. I am still workin on em!!

Phill

Message 9/79             15-Aug-98  @  02:17 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

peterkadar

First of all, I think it's great that the manufacturers are asking us what we want. As far as factory sounds are concerned, I think the point about not including acoustic emulations is a good one, because most of us have sample playback synths, or dedicated samplers to do this sort of thing. I hear that the ones that are present in the machine ie, electric pianos, etc, are quite good. But on the whole, I think the day has passed where we're trying to play tuba patches on our JX3P's. I also think that the "Artist Series" thing is a good idea. Maybe invite them to do some of the programs themselves! The sampling market has seen this type of approach before.

Message 10/79             17-Aug-98  @  01:30 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Phill

The inclusion of EP's in the factories was because they are coming back in fashion over here ( usually heavily phased ) in Garage Music. Hence the emphasis in the Factory demo, Brooker T remixes etc. There is no plan to include tuba's etc!

What I would like to know is:

Do you want more ambient/ paddy/Strings stuff?
Do you want more analogue stuff?
Do you want more Hard/Distorted stuff?
Do you want more arpeggiated stuff?

Phill@Novation

Message 11/79             18-Aug-98  @  12:37 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

brian

Hi Phill
Can't use "Ravin On" or acoustic emulations. And I don't need distorted sounds in particular.

How about showing off those great filters with sounds that have creative use of envelopes and synched LFO's? These could include moving, morphing ambient pads (but not too many, as I suspect these take too long to create), as well as interesting lead or arp sounds that have a Vince Clarke sort of personality. Also more arpeggiated stuff would be great!

I sound like I'm just repeating your own suggestions, but I think you have a good idea of what I want  

Thanks,
Brian

Message 12/79             22-Aug-98  @  09:29 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Muffy

Agreed about RavinOn.
Give us more of everything! ;-) I know this isn't very helpful but I'm having difficulty finding any sounds that I don't like after a couple of tweeks here and there.

Message 13/79             03-Sep-98  @  12:37 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Kewa

Hi Phill

I'm satisfied with the factory sounds.

The only sound i'm missing is a fat Roland Alpha-Juno 2 stack sound. I don't know if this is possible ?

I know this is an overused sound but i'd still like to see it in the nova !!!

See ya,

Steve

Message 14/79             23-Sep-98  @  08:33 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

SGB03307

Hello Phill,
I just bought the machine few days ago but I am really really excited about what Supernova can do. I will be able to tell you more of what I want in few weeks but for now, I just wanted to say thank you very much for the great Job and looking forward to the new OS3 and more exciting patches.

Yours Truly.

Tak Yonemochi
Air Pavilion

Message 15/79             27-Sep-98  @  01:07 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

gclutterbuck

What's the latest news on OS3, Phil?

I, and many others no doubt, are impatiently waiting twiddling our knobs(!) until it's available. Can you give us a clue on a release date, and the kind of sounds you've been working on? Keep up the good work.

Message 16/79             27-Sep-98  @  10:56 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Mickey

Hi - Phil is on vacation until the 4th Oct. OS 3 has been delayed. AFAIK to implement some REALLY cool features, including better SysEx/NRPN librarian/editor support. Please don't ask him for a release date... you know... its software! Its finished when its finished - we don't want lots of bugfix & service releases etc.later - or do we ?

- Mickey.

Message 17/79             27-Sep-98  @  03:05 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

jason.rowe

NOVATION

Please please please dont go the same way everyone else go's and stop supporting new products. Will it be one, two, six months ?

Message 18/79             04-Oct-98  @  12:53 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Phill

Web have inplemented may wishes from you...THE USERS plus some very cool new features and this has meant some delay in OS3 release. At the current time I would estimate the OS3 release to be in about a month from now. I will post info on this forum and on mickeys site as soon as spec is finalised.

Phill@Novation

Message 19/79             14-Dec-98  @  11:55 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

nick.rice

OK, so for the new sounds, lets see some more piki type sounds, and others that we can rez up and stick loads of delay on to write trance with. Some cool pads would be good, and cut the piano's - if I want a piano I'll use a piano module! (this goes for all real instruments really) Also lets have some more drum sounds (preferably arranged in some sort of order in the banks too) - GIVE ME EPIC PADS!!!!! Cool whizzy pads and good rezzy strings are cool.

P.S Does anyone elses buttons only respond when you put all your weight on them, or is it just my Supanova?

Message 20/79             18-Dec-98  @  10:57 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

kevin

Ambient pads are what I need
the most; moving, swirling,
phasing, sweeping, perhaps
with some subtle arps in
there somewhere. Subtle is
the key for me; pads suitable for 90 bpm ambient
music. I almost never hear
factory pads that spark my
imagination; they tend to be
too 'pyrotechnic' for my
tastes, but perhaps I'm getting old . . :>)

Thanks for asking.

Message 21/79             02-Jan-99  @  07:17 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

pelle

KRAFTWERKS sounds. as in MAN.MACHINE sounds.

Message 22/79             02-Jan-99  @  01:45 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

pmorg

If anything the SUPERNOVA needs a lot more drum sounds, which is surprising considering the success of the drumstation. Personally I would like some 'triphop' style snares and kicks. It seems evident that the majority of the factory presets are aimed at house, techno and garage musicians. It would be nice to include some darker sounds(MASSIVE ATTACK/PORTISHEAD).For example some dirty sounding arpeggios like in INERTIA CREEPS, which is probably done with a NORD. Another instument I would love would be a Rhodes piano sound. Although I do agree that you should not have too many acoustic emulations, some more string sounds would be nice (performances that build up over time?) Overall though I am extreamly pleased with the SUPERNOVA, my favourite sound is probably WATERPHONES,more subtle dark sounds like that would be great.

Message 23/79             03-Jan-99  @  12:43 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

antfast666

any date on ver3 yet?
I sill have a very worrying bug to do with saving sounds in performance mode and I am due to go on tour in march and I cant go without my supernova now!

Message 24/79             08-Jan-99  @  12:00 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

roger

I really am addicted to those hollow sounding "square wave" bass sounds. Putting them into the Reverb and play 'round with the filter section...I almost can see the stars... :-)

What I also like are aggressive noisy and/or distorted leads (in "Prodigy"- or "Future Sound of London"-Stile).

Since this is the first time that I post to this forum I would like to tell you (Phill) that I really am excited about the rich sound of this powerhouse. But there is something with the LED of the 18dB Filter: it's dead! This diod doesn't emit light anymore :-(

Message 25/79             31-Jan-99  @  08:04 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

kevin

First of all, let me say that this box is a true monster. Very well done! I've noticed a few things that don't work as I'd like them to, and didn't know where to send my suggestions. Maybe this will all be familiar to you already; maybe it's too late
for OS3 suggestions, but I just wanted to get in a word or two. Here are my comments, in order of their importance to me:

1. LFOs don't synch properly to MIDI clock; they lag behind the beat. This functionality is essential to the music I make.
2. LFOs should be assignable to ENVs. This makes it easy to hold one
note, for example, and create rhythmic lines which never repeat if 's/h' is used.
3. Pan speed should be synchable to MIDI clock.
4. I need a list of arp patterns. I could make my own, I guess, but why
not include them in the manual, or put the list online?
5. I haven't found a 'random' arp pattern, another essential function
for me. Again, I *could* fabricate one on my own but it wouldn't
really be random, would it?
6. While I'm on the subject of arps, it would be nice to have 'swing'
values included along with regular 8ths and 16ths.
7. The page up/down buttons should scroll.
8. All time-based features should be displayed in milliseconds.
9. I think the delay ratio should be continuous, i.e., not set at 1:1,
1:.5, 1:.66, etc. While this is very handy, I sometimes want other
values.
10. You can never have too long delay times :>)

I know this looks like a lot, but I think most of them are not out of
the realm of OS3. I do *love* this synth!

Message 26/79             31-Jan-99  @  11:01 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Kinetik

For random Arp patterns try Mono 8, 9 & 10.

Pattern Mono 8 plays completely randomly.

Pattern Mono 9 is as Mono 8 but the same note is never played twice in a row (when more than one note is held)

Pattern Mono 10 continually plays all the notes held down once in a random order.

Message 27/79             01-Feb-99  @  01:40 AM   -   missing Supernova - knob

highclaes

Hi Phil,

I am a very lucky owner the superbasstation, drumstation and supernova.

But I have one problem: by stupid coincidences , a knob of the supernova got loose and I can't find it anywhere!

I bought the 3 machines at Key music, Ankerstraat 81,
St.Niklaas Belgium.

Would youplease be so kind to send a new knob to either my adress or to Key Music?

Thanks on beforehand

Gert CLAES

K. CARDIJNLAAN 29

B-2640 MORTSEL
BELGIUM

Message 28/79             02-Feb-99  @  11:39 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Andy Prinz

Hi,

I really love my Supernova but there's one thing I'm quite disappointed about.
This machine's not able to do fast volume controllers. Well, in my TRANCE-Style, you often use this "hacker-effect" which is typical - but it doesn't work. Hope you'll fix that in OS3!! The sounds are good, do more programs like "Poppy" or so..
Keep on ravin'

Message 29/79             03-Feb-99  @  04:43 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Phill

Please expand on the volume problem.

Phill@Novation

Message 30/79             03-Feb-99  @  09:14 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Mickey

I guess he means "zipper noise".

Message 31/79             04-Feb-99  @  06:10 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

David Teren

I think he's talking about gating. I recently had one on loan from Hohner (South Africa - Yes we got them here to!)
Anyway, if you have a chord playing that's being sustained and draw in volume or expression changes to create a gating effect this results in a bit of clipping and noise.

Other than that it's the most impressive synth I've ever laid my hands on.

Keep up the good work.

P.S. How about make a PC Sound Card with the Synth capabilities of the Supernova, but more openened.......Drool,,,,

Message 32/79             04-Feb-99  @  09:13 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

trancer

Well I think Andy means some chopper effect which means that a pad sound is very fast turned on and off synced to the beat. I've also used such sounds but I've created them with Generator (a software synth) which has sampling capabilities. I would also doubt that Supernova can handle such a treatment without "clicks" and clipping. This effect needs to turn on and off a sound about 5 times per second (or even more)...at 140 bpm...

Message 33/79             10-Feb-99  @  09:16 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

willy

Very few of the factory sounds are totally useless even if some are a bit similar. However there doesn't seem to be a place for some really grinding heavy bass techno sounds. Also i think a few more tb-303 sounds would be nice as you can never get enough 303's. Also some trancy dave clark red II reversee stab sounds would be good if you know what i mean. How about a lot more percussion with maybe some 505, 606, 626 and 707 sounds as well as the 808's and 909's as this would make it a bit different to other synths and give greater variety. Please don't think that i don't like the current sounds cause i do but i think that they could be improved.

cheers willy

Message 34/79             22-Feb-99  @  05:56 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Jer

Dear Phill,

You are handling the negative feedback with enormous resilience. You deserve a 'round of applause. I for one love my Supernova! I compared the Roland, Virus, Waldorf, and Supernova before making my decision. Even if the effects are not the Lexicon some seem to expect, I for one have found them extremely useful and versatile. I must confess that I logged onto the site hoping to download OS3 due to the recent article in Future Music. I was mildly disappointed. But after reading the client feedback, I found many opinions to be in very poor taste. Why would you spend $2000 bucks on a board you didn't thoroughly investigate. I ran the various synths through the gauntlet and found the Supernova had the most balls, the most diverse soundscape, crystalline
sensitivity to shimmery sounds, and versatile effects that internally offered the most polished, well-produced mix. Most importantly, though I thank my stars for 8 part f_cking output! You deserve great praise on that point alone.
I should know, I needed the power. With a sampler and a Korg rack, I was looking for something that could do everything else I needed, and I got it in the Supernova.

Complaints? Your preview of the Nova with inputs and vocoder. In all
likelihood, I might have purchased the Supernova anyway, because of the 8
channels. The input processors can wait. It would be nice, though, if you
offered a hardware expansion to fit the Supernova!?

Annoyances: How can I display the part level (volume) without turning the
level knob and losing my setting? This has been my most aggravating problem.
My second is that when the Supernova is hooked up to Midi as a controller, it
sends a message when strolling through patches to default automatically to
performance mode or something similar. I'm not patched in at the moment, so
it's a bit hard to describe, but I end up having to unplug the Midi out from
the Supernova at times and plug it back in for others, depending on certain
functions I use.

In all, Phill, you all have a lot to be proud of. It blows me away that people
would take such visible shots at Novation after such a marvel, even if they do
have frustrations. Keep up the good work, and I'm glad I had the Supernova as
an option. There is nothing out that rivals it.

Regarding sounds, I really support the idea of more embient/evolving pads, more sounds like piki, aggressive Velo 303-like sounds, more Roland percussion emulators. I agree with responses calling for more evolutionary use of LFOs, etc. However, and this is a big contrast, I'm a far greater fan of Depeche Mode than Vince Clark (no offense meant to anyone). The sounds I need will be used in Industrial/Darkwave, Chicago/Hardhouse, House/Garage, bass patches for Hip-Hop, and on occation World Beat Music. These are my professional applications.

Cheers!

Jer Olsen
President
Global Express Media LLC

http://GlobalExpressMedia.com

Production, Remixing, CD/Cass Dupl., Graphics, etc.

Message 35/79             22-Feb-99  @  09:10 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Kinetik

There is an easy way to display the current value of any knob without actually altering the knob's parameter :

Press and hold the compare button. Now tweak the relevant knob on the SuperNova's front panel. You will see the knob's parameter displayed on the display for a few seconds. The value displayed actually refers to the value SAVED IN MEMORY. If you wish to know the current value in the EDIT BUFFER, simply release the compare button before the temporary display disappears. The value will then change to show the value currently in the edit buffer.

Unfortunately, I don't think this feature was described in the SuperNova manual.

Message 36/79             23-Feb-99  @  09:44 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

techno-

On the subject of new sounds...

I would really appreciate some more pizzicato sounds such as the excellent "poppy", piki, do you know pick, etc. I find these sounds really useful and a bugger to create.

Also some more harsh distorted lead sounds would be welcome.

Cheers

Warwick

Message 37/79             25-Feb-99  @  05:09 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Jer

Kinetik,

Thank you, sincerely, for pointing out the use of the compare button to identify the part volume (without changing the value). I read the manual, and if it addresses this issue, it never clicked. Thanks for addressing this annoyance.

To eveyone. I'd love to have sent my gratitude directly to Kinetik. But since we can not address each other outside the forum unless we post our e-mail, I had little choice.

Sincerely,
er Olsen President Global Express Media LLC

http://GlobalExpressMedia.com

Production, Remixing, CD/Cass Dupl., Graphics, etc.

Message 38/79             08-Mar-99  @  12:34 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Shuss

Any possibility of getting that mellotron choir sound form the Supernova. Of all the virtual ogue synths I have tried, not one can come close to that classic sound.

Syed.

Message 39/79             08-Mar-99  @  12:51 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Stefan

The mellotron sounds are "sampled" sounds, so i don't think that you'll be successful with a v-analogue synth.
There are lots of sampling CDs with mellotron sounds and the Roland-JV-Expansion Keyboards of 60s&70s contains some good waves.
Maybe you can try to create one with a choir-sound from a sample-player by adding vibrato or random pitch.

Greets Stefan

Message 40/79             08-Mar-99  @  11:29 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Stevoe

The best Mellotron type sounds I've heard on a module come from the Waldorf Microwave II. Absolutely fantastic..

Message 41/79             09-Mar-99  @  12:08 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

DJ_CUSTARD

Were the hell do you get the OS3 software from. DOES IT EVEN EXIST???????

If so tell me how to get it, becuase everyone says it avaliable but it isnt. SO WHERE IS IT HUH?????

Message 42/79             09-Mar-99  @  12:33 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Mickey

Nobody within this forum said that it is available. It will be... soon. I assume Kinetik and the guys are coding day and night... it's ready if it's ready.

Mickey.

Message 43/79             10-Mar-99  @  10:11 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Digital Klang!!

How can a wavetable synth do a good Mellotron Choir!!!

Get a life

Message 44/79             10-Mar-99  @  02:39 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

stevoe

You obviously have:-

a) never heard a mellotron choir.

or

b) never used a MicrowaveII.

For the answer to your polite question you had better ask Waldorf how they manage to get such excellent sounds from wavetables...ok.

My life is just fine thanks.

Message 45/79             10-Mar-99  @  04:49 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Digital Klang

I had a Mellotron...

I still say a wavetable synth would be pushed to do it...anything short of a sampler would be pushed and that's exactly what I've done...sampled it chromatically for the entire duration of the tape,
Thus avoiding loops and retaining the microtuning...

you may wish to change the batteries in your hearing aid...

Message 46/79             10-Mar-99  @  06:38 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

stevoe

I have heard virtually every crap Mellotron sample going and heard most mellotron presets in most sound modules and synths and none of them even come remotely close to the real mellotron sound. All I am saying is that if you bothered to actually try the MicrowaveII I think you would agree that it can produce a superb Mellotron type choir sound amongst other sounds. The filters in that machine are pretty awesome and it is capable of producing that dirty warmth of a mellotron choir sound. I suggest you try it out instead of being so quick to judge..

Maybe you should check the batteries in your hearing aid...

Message 47/79             11-Mar-99  @  10:34 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Digital Klang

I think a single cycle loop cannot replicate chromatic 10 second samples which essentially a mellotron is...sorry if you think I'm wrong but a huge multisample can replicate a mellotron...maybe the samples you heard were designed to eventually fit on a floppy...anyway a mellotron is probably the first sample type instrument ever made...if single cycle loops could have done the job, mellotron could have saved themseleves a fortune in tape!!!

Klangger

Message 48/79             11-Mar-99  @  02:23 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Quickmix

I can't find the 3.0 Beta.

The Product page says it is on the download section.

But there is no beta.

Message 49/79             11-Mar-99  @  05:17 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Phill

Sorry...I have not poisted the beta yet...If I post the version we have now any stuff you do via will not work when the final version is installed. Once this is dealt with I will realease it.

Phill@Novation

Message 50/79             12-Mar-99  @  02:31 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

stevoe

Phill,

Any progress on that beta yet? Do you have a rough estimation on when you will make it available?

Message 51/79             22-Mar-99  @  11:12 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Fin

Phil,

some more suggestions:

CS-80 Brass and String copies.

Some weird FX! Supernova modulation sections is wild! Can't we have some mad sounds in there? Have a flick about an Emu Audity 2000 - their presets are nuts...

Also, I made a copy of that JP8000 "arpeggios" patch last night, things like that'd be nice. Fading from oscillator to oscillator and panning at the same time etc... lalala...

I'll shut up now!

Regards - Fin.

Message 52/79             22-Mar-99  @  09:08 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

cackirk

Hi Phil,

Some trancey arpeggio type sounds where I think an LFO sweeps the pitch of the sync would be nice, something like the Prophecy Preset B45 (Trance Arpegg!).

This would give those of us trying to learn how to program some ideas on how to use the sync, which I'm sure I'm not using as effectively as I could.

Message 53/79             22-Mar-99  @  09:09 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Phill

It's great to have this feed back...

I recently got some good sounds by raiding yet more older gear...nameley oberhiem...

Please specify the types of sounds required and if possible the factory preset number...

your feedback counts...It will go into OS3 sounds.

Thankx for the input

Phill@Novation

Message 54/79             22-Mar-99  @  09:12 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Phill

Hey buy the way...If you have any specific requests...

Requests are welcome...specify Synth and factory preset...

Phill@Novation

Message 55/79             24-Mar-99  @  05:15 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Spike

I would like 303 sounds..I would like Wavestation sounds etc etc
Why? I want Supernova sounds. Sounds that other people try to emulate. If I want Waldorf salad sounds - I buy a Waldorf. If all we are doing is to retro old synth sounds OB etc then we haven't progressed very far have we? Stability yes. Effects yes. but with all this new power why not new sounds? Time for my medication? oh and while I'm insane..
If you take an Oriental person and spin him around several times, does he become disoriented?

Message 56/79             24-Mar-99  @  08:56 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

stevoe

I think there is enough room in the Supernova to accomodate the best of both worlds, a bank of retro sounds and 3 banks of new, exciting sounds.

Message 57/79             24-Mar-99  @  11:09 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

MATT

Excellent idea !!!
I am especially into the retro sounds that can be made on the Supernova though... stuff like the randomly arpeggiated Jupiter 8 thing used for Duran Duran's Rio.....COOL and Depeche Mode basses and stuff.....

Nice one Phill, Keep up the more than excellent work.

Message 58/79             24-Mar-99  @  04:16 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

oli

hi,
on the frankfurt music fairy i heared about supernovas v3. i read the sound will be "clearer and cleaner" then before, how you managed this? did you change the algorithms or did you just add some treble?
...what do you think about FM for the supernova (i.e. mod to filter) or a possibility to play a fast lfo (hi range(fm)) via keyboard, routed to an osc or filter?

cheers oliver

p.s.: please don`t be disapointed, that i don`t ask for mellotron sounds in the supernova!

Message 59/79             24-Mar-99  @  06:02 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Phill

There will be both a mixure of "Classic stuff" and New stuff...

I am working on this now...

This is why I keep asking what sounds people like so that I can create what you want...

"New sounds" is a vague...but I know what you mean...

With the new effects configs many things new should be possible...

Phill@Novation

Message 60/79             24-Mar-99  @  07:52 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Mickey

MATT - couldn't agree more!!! I L O V E Depeche Modes sounds!

Mickey / the biggest DM fan in Frankfurt/Main :-)

Message 61/79             25-Mar-99  @  01:36 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

alex.ayres

more dark drum and bass syle noises. distorted perhaps with filter movement on the mod weel.

also punchy bass sounds.

maybe more percussive mid range sounds.

Message 62/79             25-Mar-99  @  02:22 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

kevin

First of all, Phil, I think
your sounds are excellent;
I've used many of them in my
music with only minor tweaks. I'll list just a few
of these, as this will make it more clear what I like:
A050 Jungle Sine, A100 Subbass, C052 Random Arp, many sounds from the SFX category, such as A053 Sonar, A072 Waterphones, A076 Dead Ringer, B102 Radar>Comms. More of any of
these would be welcome, in
particular the SFX group.
Thanks, Kevin.

Message 63/79             25-Mar-99  @  10:25 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Haz

I agree with Mickey - some more DM-type bass sounds would be nice.

Speaking of DM, I just learned on the web that Alan Wilder has recently purchased a Supernova! Now I really can't wait for the next Recoil album! (Check out www.recoil.co.uk).

Haz

Message 64/79             26-Mar-99  @  06:29 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

pyro

what about a cool "wasp"-bass-sound. I also would like to have one of this Juno 106-basses.
thanks

Message 65/79             26-Mar-99  @  10:38 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Banne

I'd like soft "fairy"-like
pad that sounds good when you take chords.
(Hard to explain sounds in words.)

Message 66/79             26-Mar-99  @  11:56 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Stevoe

I think its a pretty damn good service when Novation are creating the sounds that we want in our Supernovas. Factory presets are usually just your bog standard selection created by someone who wants to impress at the demo stage. I know I sound a bit arse lickey toward Novation but I honestly think they are being truely generous with their service to us. Without meaning to slag off E-mu but I will use them as an example. Whenever they bring out a software update it is always for a high price for any piece of equipment they make and that goes the same for many different manufacturers. Good work Novation and thanks.

Message 67/79             27-Mar-99  @  11:52 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

morb999

Link?:  Link

Hi Phil.

Id love some more pads....lush spacey evolving pads...you know the sort of thing.

JMJ's Oxygene springs to mind....

Thanks for listening

MORBIUS

http://members.aol.com/iotrecords/morbius

Message 68/79             29-Mar-99  @  09:55 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

chris

I'd like to hear Tony Banks' Prophecy sounds from the 1983 album "Genesis": like the low drone and awesome chords in "Mama", or the lead sound in "Illegal Alien".

Plus the lead and arpeggio sounds from Magnetic Fields. I guess these were done on an ARP.

Chris

Message 69/79             29-Mar-99  @  09:56 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

chris

Oops, I meant "Prophet". Damn those Korg impersonators...

Chris

Message 70/79             29-Mar-99  @  10:47 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Phill

Keep it comin...

I love to hear all this and examples are great!

Phill@Novation

Message 71/79             29-Mar-99  @  11:09 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Fin

Hey! It'd be really impressive if anybody could come up with the Dr.Who TARDIS sound!

I'm not really a geek - just think that'd be pretty cool programming.

Cheers - Fin

Message 72/79             29-Mar-99  @  12:09 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

MATT

Or maybe just the bass sound from the theme tune !! hee hee......No, I'm deadly serious, It's a wicked tune.

How is the beta testing going ??

Message 73/79             30-Mar-99  @  04:50 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Phill

Dun,Dun,Dun,Dun
_ _Dun,Dun,Dun,Dun
_ _Dun,Dun,Dun,Dun
(higher)_ _Dun,Dun,Dun,Dun

I actually may have a copy at home somewhwere of that tune...lets see it could be a Perf...bassline as an Arp...could be very possible...

Phill@Novation

Message 74/79             30-Mar-99  @  08:59 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

jpdb

For me, the secret power of
the Supernova lies in
the Pads and layers + non-exsisting instruments, as well as the arpeggiate-patches, so maybe for the os3, some more of those, and some less "real" instruments, these I can dump in a Sampler.
(an idea ?.. I always loved
the crispy sounds from Paul
Hardcastle, Chick Corea, etc, produced with the Syclavier, a source of inspiration ? But as it is,
so many people, so many musical tastes.. )
I'm looking foreward to the OS3 !
PS: are there any restrictions upgrading from os2 to os3 ? do I have to save my personal settings, will they be gone after upgrading ? If yes what is the best way to save them, and are they restorable/compatible ?

Thanx, Paul

jpdb@wbe.ch

Message 75/79             31-Mar-99  @  01:22 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Alright Phil,

Having a bit of a freak out random problem with the supernova, when the programed attack on envelope one started to not follow the program. Basically my mate who also has a supernova has had a similar problem and it seems to be when both midi in and out are running simultaneously. Do you think this could be solved with the new O/S and if so where can we get hold of it.

Cheers,

James (ACUMEN)
Email:W.F.X@VITALISER.FREESERVE.CO.UK

Message 76/79             31-Mar-99  @  05:16 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Phill

Full instructions and precautions will be posted on the site at the same time as the OS beta.

Please read the text.

The problem you may have is sthat the sequencer is remapping the Controllers...so tweaking one know will possibly effect another unrelated parameter depending on the remapping. Make sure all the remapping is turned off in the sequencer. Hassle the manufacturer for details on how to do this. Additionally the new OS has a local/on off parametr which allows the user to use the sepernova with a sequencer more easily.

I will advise when I have posted the beta version of this software.

Phill@Novation

Message 77/79             01-Apr-99  @  08:54 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

fin

I know I'm gonna get shot down for this stupid request, but it'd crack me up if you implemented it:

could we have a midi controller number that turns on/off the SN led's? so you could cycle the controller value from the sequencer and the led's would cycle on the front panel. ;)

Didn't the Memory Moog have this on it?

Ha! I know - I know!!!

Fin.

Message 78/79             01-Apr-99  @  10:34 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

stevoe

The lights mummy, THE LIGHTS they're trying to get me....aarrrggghhhh.

Message 79/79             04-Apr-99  @  07:21 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

erik.flister

warm + gentle house organs

Viewing all 79 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 8

There are 79 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)