aaa Drumstation problem with cubase - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Drumstation problem with cubase

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11             17-Aug-98  @  09:39 PM   -   Drumstation problem with cubase

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hey all,

I wonder if anyone out there can help me .....
Using a drumstation + bass station with cubase 3.05.
I've assigned my own program withall the individual outs being used.
My problem is that when I sequence any of the hi-hat sounds, the volume
envelope changes so much that some times I can can't here the sound and sometimes it comes out at full volume. If you leave a sequence of say open hihats running it literaly starts loud, gets quiter and then gets loud again.I've done the obvious things like change the output settings on the drumstation and I've even used a different channel on my desk. But no joy. If I can't solve this problem then I'm gonna have to sell it as at the moment all I can really use is the kick drum, claps & rim shots. HELP HELP HELP !!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             17-Aug-98  @  09:40 PM   -   RE: Drumstation problem with cubase

kev

Helps if I give you my email address eh ?

Kev.

Message 3/11             27-Aug-98  @  02:31 PM   -   RE: Drumstation problem with cubase

kev

I traced the fault to a dodgy connection on one of the induvidual outs on the back of the drumstation for those of you interested.

Message 4/11             29-Aug-98  @  11:46 AM   -   Drumstation more problems with cubase

DJ_ZE_MIG_L_D_1

I have a similar problem :
if i use a kick+hat (when the hat sequence has a couple more notes than the usual 4 betwen the kicks), the bassdrum gets cut, sometimes u ear the bd in full others just a click!!!!?
if i turn of the DST. it starts playing fine 4 a few seconds but after that my kick (bassdrum) starts choking again.
HELP!!
cheers,
Mig.l

DJ_ZE_MIG_L_D_1@hotmail.com

Message 5/11             01-Sep-98  @  01:57 PM   -   RE: Drumstation problem with cubase

Richie

This maybe linked to the power supply problem...

Apparently if you get a better ps 9V 1200m all the drum station problems go away....

Novation have not officially stated this though...

Might help if they did though.....

How about it guys, we aint all got supernovas to play with you know...

Message 6/11             02-Sep-98  @  03:04 PM   -   RE: Drumstation problem with cubase

I had the same problems over and over again....
So I changed it for a jomox....and I am happy with it...really

Message 7/11             04-Sep-98  @  04:14 PM   -   RE: Drumstation problem with cubase

Phill

Hope your happy with four voices!

Yep early DrumStations had powersupply problems. Current production does not have these problems, they were sorted out months and months ago. Best thing to do if problems arise is to try another supply.

Message 8/11             04-Sep-98  @  04:15 PM   -   RE: Drumstation problem with cubase

Phill

Yep early DrumStations had powersupply problems. Current production does not have these problems, they were sorted out months and months ago. Best thing to do if problems arise is to try another supply.

Message 9/11             04-Sep-98  @  04:15 PM   -   RE: Drumstation problem with cubase

Phill

Message 10/11             04-Sep-98  @  04:17 PM   -   RE: Drumstation problem with cubase

Phill

Message 11/11             07-Sep-98  @  12:55 PM   -   RE: Drumstation problem with cubase

Yes indeed I am happy with four working voices rather than instead of multiple not working voices.
It isn't my problem because I contacted Nov. a lot but they couldn't help they said....
(but I do like the supernova though)

BTW Posting one time your message will be probably enough PHILL

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)