aaa Supernova Librarian / Editor / OS Updater - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Supernova Librarian / Editor / OS Updater

Viewing all 20 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/20             29-Aug-98  @  06:54 PM   -   Supernova Librarian / Editor / OS Updater

jmberry

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

How about a piece of software for managing sounds maybee even a editor and most importatantly to update the OS easily.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/20             27-Sep-98  @  12:03 AM   -   RE: Supernova Librarian / Editor / OS Updater

jason.rowe

Put me down for one too....

Message 3/20             27-Sep-98  @  10:48 AM   -   RE: Supernova Librarian / Editor / OS Updater

Mickey

Hi guys, what can be easier than playing back a standard MIDI file to upgrade the OS ?

A librarian/editor for EMAGIC SoundDiver is currently worked on by me - though I had to freeze the project until the Supernova has some needed/modified SysEx / NRPN features. Phill promised these to appear with OS 3. As far as this fulfilles, a librarian will be available shortly after the OS 3 and the editor will follow a few weeks later... IF Novation do their homework. - Mickey.

Message 4/20             27-Sep-98  @  08:11 PM   -   RE: Supernova Librarian / Editor / OS Updater

jmberry

Correct me if Im wrong but you cant use Cakewalk to update the OS (see OS2 upgrade documentation). I use Cakewalk which means Im shafted.

If anyone knows of any free software that will perform the task then please let me know.

Message 5/20             28-Sep-98  @  03:40 PM   -   RE: Supernova Librarian / Editor / OS Updater

Mickey

What can be more free than the in Windows included Midifile-Player... which did its task with upgrading my Supernova very good.

-- Mickey.

Message 6/20             30-Sep-98  @  09:10 PM   -   RE: Supernova Librarian / Editor / OS Updater

jmberry

Despite the fact that you made me look very stupid, thanks for the info !

Message 7/20             04-Oct-98  @  01:09 PM   -   RE: Supernova Librarian / Editor / OS Updater

Phill

Yo Mickey.

We have planned to implement the Sysex for requests of specific progs/perf/patterns rather than the buffer. As for the other stuff. i.e. packed NRPN's. This may not happen and if it does it will not happen for a long time. I have spocken with Motu and they seem to think there would be no problem with unisyn, ( which offers more interesting possibilities like morphing and randomising ). As far as I can currently see there should be no problem with developing a profile for Soundiver as long as you dont edit from the front panel AND the computer. Our current thinking is that this is acceptable. Many profiles have "Quirks" that are peculiar to the instrument concerned, like a DX7 or 106 for example.

Phill@Novation

Message 8/20             04-Oct-98  @  04:39 PM   -   RE: Supernova Librarian / Editor / OS Updater

Mickey

Hi Phill, I can live with this decision, because there is
an additional way. I suggested a change in the universal SoundDiver module to Michael Haydn which can take care of the packed NRPNs. When several objects have the same NRPN and a value is incoming, then the universal module will scan the programmed range of each object with that NRPN and only modifies the object for which the value lies within the boundaries. This WILL work, but as Michael Haydn currently is very busy with LogicWindows 4.0 I'm not sure when it will occur. However... with this in mind I can and will continue developing the SoundDiver adaption asap.

- Mickey / eagerly awaiting the "special" buttons  

Message 9/20             08-Oct-98  @  03:06 PM   -   RE: Supernova Librarian / Editor / OS Updater

Phill

Yo Mickey....
Check Out the Downloads Page
There's a Doc waitin for ya!!

Phill@Novation

Message 10/20             09-Oct-98  @  03:13 PM   -   RE: Supernova Librarian / Editor / OS Updater

Mickey

Hi - it seems that the document file has been trashed on the way to your sever... or is it my fault and had anyone lock in viewing this ? My Word6 doesn't recognize the document. Please check again, Phill.

Message 11/20             09-Oct-98  @  03:29 PM   -   RE: Supernova Librarian / Editor / OS Updater

Andrew

I had the same problem but I could, sort of, read it in Word 7.0 albeit with a load of extra junk.

Message 12/20             09-Oct-98  @  03:56 PM   -   RE: Supernova Librarian / Editor / OS Updater

Phill

PC's strike again.... Everytime I send anything from my Mac to our service provider it allways ends up junked...Thanks Intel a bunch!!

Sorry I will try t0o sort it out ASAP.

Phill@Novation

Message 13/20             12-Oct-98  @  01:25 PM   -   RE: Supernova Librarian / Editor / OS Updater

Mickey

Any progress, Phill ?  

-- M.

Message 14/20             17-Oct-98  @  08:26 PM   -   RE: Supernova Librarian / Editor / OS Updater

Mickey

I read the readable fragments in the Supernova SysEx document, but I am really missing the structure of the Performance DATA dump and the Program DATA dump. Without these structures, creating an adaption is a very lengthy process or reverse-engineering... Please add the structures to the next document revision and post it at "downloads".

-- Mickey.

Message 15/20             17-Oct-98  @  08:26 PM   -   RE: Supernova Librarian / Editor / OS Updater

Mickey

I read the readable fragments in the Supernova SysEx document, but I am really missing the structure of the Performance DATA dump and the Program DATA dump. Without these structures, creating an adaption is a very lengthy process of reverse-engineering... Please add the structures to the next document revision and post it at "downloads".

-- Mickey.

Message 16/20             18-Oct-98  @  12:34 PM   -   RE: Supernova Librarian / Editor / OS Updater

Andrew

Mickey,

I've worked out the majority of the contents of a Program and Performance which I could send you if you want something to be going on with. It's not complete but it's not too far off...

Andrew

Message 17/20             18-Oct-98  @  02:06 PM   -   RE: Supernova Librarian / Editor / OS Updater

Mickey

Hi Andrew, good. Please send it to mickey@wineasy.net - I have also done a few researchs which I will send to you - however, an official documentation of the dump structures is still needed, isn't it ?

Phill ?

Message 18/20             20-Oct-98  @  09:23 PM   -   RE: Supernova Librarian / Editor / OS Updater

Phill

Talking to our ISP about shyte MAC compatibility.

I will post ASAP. But our ISP is the problem.

As Mac users are generally the Pro end of Music production this is a priority for me. I will attempt to post a .txt file asap.

Sorry about this...

Phill@Novation

Message 19/20             20-Oct-98  @  10:09 PM   -   RE: Supernova Librarian / Editor / OS Updater

Mickey

Good - did you read my previous posts ? Please include detailed program/performace data dump structure.

Mickey.

Message 20/20             23-Oct-98  @  06:44 PM   -   RE: Supernova Librarian / Editor / OS Updater

Phill

DATA dump structure will change a bit on version 3 so this is not currently available.

We will publish when OS3 is complete.

Phill@Novation

Viewing all 20 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 20 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)